Teen suspended for wearing rosary beads to school - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Teen suspended for wearing rosary beads to school

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    You just mock what you do not understand.
    I mock nothing, merely point out the obvious reality of a scenario twisted by the perverted mind of a paranoid Christian.

    Now I'm going to go read your response to the Obama West Point thread and begin decomposing that little bit 'o FUD.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    As was said in another thread,"Zero tolerance = Zero Thought." It's a way of avoiding the responsibility of making a decision.
    And a way of avoiding lawsuits or at least that was the original thought. I know many of you have nothing but utter disgust for our public education system but what teachers have to put up with from both students and parents any more is beyond the capability of most people not directly involved to even come close to believing.

    My wife teaches second grade and just a few weeks ago one of her male students wore a brand new pink polo type shirt to school. They were sitting in class when all of a sudden that students calls out, Johnny called me a faggot! Johnny jumps at and says "I did not, I called him a queer". So you want to make an exception for rosary beds. What else do you want to make exceptions for and how long of a list do you want to make, and does one have to be Catholic to be able to wear them, what to they have to show to prove the are catholic, do they have to show that they attend Mass regularly......... Someone start creating the list and I'll be we can get it incorporated into the policy but be sure that you include everyone along with a definition of a gang that will prevent it from being defined as a religion and hold up in court.

    As and added thought, although I tolerate them, rosary beads are offensive to me as a Protestant Christian.

  4. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    I mock nothing, merely point out the obvious reality of a scenario twisted by the perverted mind of a paranoid Christian.

    Now I'm going to go read your response to the Obama West Point thread and begin decomposing that little bit 'o FUD.
    It is obvious that your mind started decomposing a long time ago. But then you are an admitted socialist so what else should we expect. Those that want to destroy our Republic are nothing but traitors.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    It is obvious that your mind started decomposing a long time ago. But then you are an admitted socialist so what else should we expect. Those that want to destroy our Republic are nothing but traitors.
    The people that need to be watched are the ultra religious uber-conservative, paranoid, right wing mental midgets.

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    The people that need to be watched are the ultra religious uber-conservative, paranoid, right wing mental midgets.

    No actually the people that need to be watched are the extreme left wing delusional Marxist idiots.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  7. #16

    It Is Politically Correct to Bash Christians

    I heard of this incident and am outraged.

    If the young man was a Muslim and wore an article of faith pertaining to that religion, nothing would be said. But, because he is Christian, and in particular Catholic, it is OK to "persecute" him.

    This kind of stuff is really getting OLD!

    I am Catholic and agree with the previous poster: Rosary Beads should not be worn around your neck but if you do so, you are still a good Catholic. Mine are kept in a small pouch in my pocket.

    Rosary Beads are considered Sacramentals, not Sacraments. They are not necessary to the Faith, but help realize the Faith, like Incense and Holy Water. Further, as Sacramentals they can be used by non-Catholic persons. I started praying the Rosary before I converted to Catholocism.

    Anyway, this kind of stuff has to STOP!!!

  8. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    The people that need to be watched are the ultra religious uber-conservative, paranoid, right wing mental midgets.
    Again with the name calling. Why is it when you disagree with someone they become "mental midgets"? There is absolutely nothing wrong with a kid wearing rosary beads in school except, of course, to you left wingers who don't understand the Constitution. Maybe you're a progressive that thinks the Constitution is no longer of any use and needs to be forgotten. If that ever happens get ready for true socialist dictatorship in this country.

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Battle Creek Mi
    Posts
    1,853

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    The people that need to be watched are the ultra religious uber-conservative, paranoid, right wing mental midgets.
    I think you have your right and left confused there son....

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    How does enforcing a rule intended to supress gang activity become an asault on Christianity?

    I suppose distinguishing that relationship requires more brain cells than the average paranoid Christian has at their disposal.
    Just as when a School VP singles out and makes a bunch of boys remove flag related clothing out of fear it might offend some other nationality on their beer Holiday, singeing out someone with obvious religious artifacts that are of the Christian faith but yet ignore those with Muslim paraphernalia for fear of offending them..... that is how it becomes a assault on Christinaity.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

  10. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    And a way of avoiding lawsuits or at least that was the original thought. I know many of you have nothing but utter disgust for our public education system but what teachers have to put up with from both students and parents any more is beyond the capability of most people not directly involved to even come close to believing.

    My wife teaches second grade and just a few weeks ago one of her male students wore a brand new pink polo type shirt to school. They were sitting in class when all of a sudden that students calls out, Johnny called me a faggot! Johnny jumps at and says "I did not, I called him a queer". So you want to make an exception for rosary beds. What else do you want to make exceptions for and how long of a list do you want to make, and does one have to be Catholic to be able to wear them, what to they have to show to prove the are catholic, do they have to show that they attend Mass regularly......... Someone start creating the list and I'll be we can get it incorporated into the policy but be sure that you include everyone along with a definition of a gang that will prevent it from being defined as a religion and hold up in court.

    As and added thought, although I tolerate them, rosary beads are offensive to me as a Protestant Christian.
    I will agree there are many fine teachers in the schools and I have respect for those that have to put up with all the garbage that goes on. I would not want the job and I am sure most of the rest of us would not want it. Although not perfect, the time period was a lot different that most of us grew up in and went to school in. Back then the teachers had more control over the kids because they were allowed to discipline them. Our liberal progressive society in general and the teachers unions in particular have created a big mess.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  11. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I will agree there are many fine teachers in the schools and I have respect for those that have to put up with all the garbage that goes on. I would not want the job and I am sure most of the rest of us would not want it. Although not perfect, the time period was a lot different that most of us grew up in and went to school in. Back then the teachers had more control over the kids because they were allowed to discipline them. Our liberal progressive society in general and the teachers unions in particular have created a big mess.
    As I was driving to work the other morning something came on the radio about charter schools and how most of them were so successful for "problem" students. Then it hit me that the main reason that charter schools can do so much better is that they are not constrained by the guidelines that the public schools are. One was started locally by our retired Police Chief and does great work. He spoke at our Men of the Church meeting recently and said that usually when he gets a new student he will have a talk with him first thing. Usually the first thing he will ask them is "Are you stupid or are you ignorant"? If one is ignorant that can usually be fixed but imagine a teacher in the public shools asking a student that. Immediately the parents and ACLU would be all over that teacher and the teacher would probably be out of work and fodder for Internet boards. Thursday is my wife's last day as a regular classroom teacher after 36+ years. I have come to the conclusion that the problem with out public schools is not the teachers, the administration or the students. The problem is the parents and the politicians who have no idea what their children do when out of sight of their parents.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 301
    Last Post: 03-08-2015, 06:53 PM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 03:50 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-18-2009, 06:57 AM
  4. Teen Gunman Kills Self After Slaying 15 in German School Shooting
    By HK4U in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-12-2009, 01:29 AM
  5. Thoughts on gun control
    By magicman007 in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-09-2008, 11:22 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast