Ut-oh, CCW holder plays cowboy. Oops. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ut-oh, CCW holder plays cowboy. Oops.

1. If he had been carrying a .50 S&W the round would have gone through the bumper and hit the tire. Shame on him for carrying anything smaller.

perhapps he should have taken a head shot instead of a tire shot?
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    What a doofus. Makes me wonder if he had proper firearms training. His support hand appears a little out of place.

gf
    I wondered if anyone else noticed that, GF.

To mangle an old adage: "A fool and his gun are soon parted".
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

I don't see how this proves only police should have guns?

All this proves is that people who have guns should know the law, which includes the police. The law varies with the State.

If the police are not present at a robbery and criminals decide to rape and pillage, then the chances of a better outcome are insured if some clients at the scene have guns.

If the store owner had a gun then he/she could have held the robbers for the police. I think even this fellow could have decided to pull his weapon if he had stopped the robbers while they were in the store. The problem is when and where he decided to start shooting. At least, that's my take on where the problem lies.

Lester

5. Anytime someone fails to understand the laws of CCW, it makes it easier for those that want to take this right away. You are authorized deadly force only when the threat of jeopardy of grave bodily harm or death is before you or another person. Property is not defensible in every state except in some limited cases in Texas, but you could still get Federal charges in Texas as well. Very important to think scenarios through before you are involved in one. If no one was pointing a gun at him, he is likely in grave jeopardy of the law now. We will have to wait and see what the actually testimony states, not just a possibly biased newspaper account.

Wannabe cop.......and an idiot.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

GF and JJ, I hope he was not using an automatic with a grip like that.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Does race really matter? The thing here is that no life was in danger so why fire at them?
    Oh, for crying out loud, are you so sensitive?

The two suspects, who fled in a silver-colored Chrysler, remained at large this morning.

Both are described as 5-foot-10 to 5-foot-11 inches tall, and about 20 to 30 years of age.

One was wearing a gray and black horizontally striped hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans and white tennis shoes. The other was wearing a brown hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans and dark shoes. Their Chrsyler was last seen heading westbound on Northwest Division.
    So much detail yet race was not mentioned? You don't find this curious? Is race not a fact, like "5'11" tall"?

I thought it curious it wasn't mentioned. I don't care what race they were.

wolfhunter Guest
    I'm 5'11", have a gray & black sweatshirt, blue jeans and white sneakers. My friend has a silver Chrysler. Personally, I think Race might be critical.

Quote Originally Posted by OngoingFreedom View Post
    Oh, for crying out loud, are you so sensitive?

So much detail yet race was not mentioned? You don't find this curious? Is race not a fact, like "5'11" tall"?

I thought it curious it wasn't mentioned. I don't care what race they were.
    Not sensitive. Just asking since that particular thought never entered my mind when I was reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    I'm 5'11", have a gray & black sweatshirt, blue jeans and white sneakers. My friend has a silver Chrysler. Personally, I think Race might be critical.
    I agree, if the description was being given to aide in apprehension. The article just didn't strike me that way since it dealt more with the shooter than those getting away.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast