GOD Is Busy - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: GOD Is Busy

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    Isn't it great that we live in a country where anyone can get on their "pious" soapbox over a joke about a professor getting clocked by a person of faith over the mocking of God; keeping in mind it was a JOKE and same person pointing out how right they are about a sequence of events chastising another person of faith, never acknowledging it was their own statement mocking scpriture that actually stirred the pot AND THEN that same person can go into a different thread, make fun of the death of another human being by posting the picture of a "coleman" cooler.........IT'S A JOKE!!! I love this country!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank GOD we dont live in some sharia ruled islamic pit where we all would be headless by now.
    Again, I didn't bring up your :
    ...puff of smoke in the sky, a fake something or other bossing people around from the clouds...
    One of you religion over everything types did.

Again, I was making my statement on social grounds. You are the people who can't keep everything from coming around to your need to force belief on others.

As for the Gary Coleman joke -- I'd have never posted it if this thread hadn't gone south -- notice we're not talking about social behavior? And, for the record, I didn't mention your:
    ...puff of smoke in the sky, a fake something or other bossing people around from the clouds...
    in that thread either.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

mojo Guest
    Did you actually read my post: you should have seen that I didnt say "you" brought up the smoke etc that it was from "others" and a generalized point about the site and some folks and still you refuse to admit that your mocking of scripture, "kick ass, turn the other cheek" (paraphrased) is at least in part what started this. No on attacked your apparent dis-beleif.......? Did they?
    regardless......you responded exactly as expected......BTW when did I ever try to *force* my faith down your throat? and another BTW......making an excuse for your coleman post...also expected. Actually I thought it was funny, I didnt feel the need to go into a diatribe over its coldness to the death of another humanbeing......simply pointed it out here for comparison sake. Never the less...... I'm finished here.
    Have a great week........

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    Did you actually read my post: you should have seen that I didnt say "you" brought up the smoke etc that it was from "others" and a generalized point about the site and some folks and still you refuse to admit that your mocking of scripture, "kick ass, turn the other cheek" (paraphrased) is at least in part what started this. No on attacked your apparent dis-beleif.......? Did they?
    regardless......you responded exactly as expected......BTW when did I ever try to *force* my faith down your throat? and another BTW......making an excuse for your coleman post...also expected. Actually I thought it was funny, I didnt feel the need to go into a diatribe over its coldness to the death of another humanbeing......simply pointed it out here for comparison sake. Never the less...... I'm finished here.
    Have a great week........
    Perhaps you should read the thread again. This is the OP:
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphtwo View Post
    If you don't know GOD, don't make stupid remarks!!!!!!

A United States Navy Seal was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan . One of the
    courses had a professor who was an avowed atheist, and a member of the ACLU.

One day the professor shocked the class when he came in. He looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, GOD if you are real then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you exactly 15 min.' The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop.. Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, 'Here I am
    GOD, I'm still waiting.'

It got down to the last couple of minutes when the Seal got out of his chair, went up to the professor, and cold-cocked him, knocking him off the platform. The professor was out cold. The Seal went back to his seat and sat there, silently.

The other students were shocked and stunned, and sat there looking on in silence.. The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, looked at the Seal and asked, 'What in the world is the matter with you? 'Why did you do that?'

The Seal calmly replied, 'GOD was too busy today protecting America 's soldiers who are protecting your right to say stupid stuff and act like an idiot. So He sent me.'

The classroom erupted in cheers!

Good for him
    The first line is:
    But that's an acceptable -- non-confrontational way to start a joke, isn't it?

Again, I didn't mention religion. And I still say:
    What is not appropriate is to physically assault someone because you disagree with them.
    Again, BTW, the "kick ass" was somebody else ... the 'turned cheek' was my addition. That 'turning cheek' is something that has been disavowed by some openly religion people on this site.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

that's a pretty funny joke... thanks for sharing.....
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Thats a GOOD ONE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    I refer you to your own signature quote:

"We tell them what to do, what to think . . . and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome."

But I guess, in your view, that position is dependent on what you're meddling with. If you're meddling with someone's Christian beliefs, that's OK with you?
    amen brother!!!#1

If you can't look in the mirror and laugh at yourself from time to time, I guess you have lost your sense of humor.
    I thought the joke was great, because it was a joke keep them coming I need to laugh more in these times of gloom and doom.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphtwo View Post

A United States Navy Seal was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan . One of the
    courses had a professor who was an avowed atheist, and a member of the ACLU.

One day the professor shocked the class when he came in. He looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, GOD if you are real then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you exactly 15 min.' The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop.. Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, 'Here I am
    GOD, I'm still waiting.'

It got down to the last couple of minutes when the Seal got out of his chair, went up to the professor, and cold-cocked him, knocking him off the platform. The professor was out cold. The Seal went back to his seat and sat there, silently.

The other students were shocked and stunned, and sat there looking on in silence.. The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, looked at the Seal and asked, 'What in the world is the matter with you? 'Why did you do that?'

The Seal calmly replied, 'GOD was too busy today protecting America 's soldiers who are protecting your right to say stupid stuff and act like an idiot. So He sent me.'

The classroom erupted in cheers!

Good for him
    Very nice!
    If I had his address, I would mail him a slice of my "Humble pie."
    Be careful what you wish for.....

The Lord does work in mysterious ways.
    Heavily medicated for your protection.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234