From the minister:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From the minister:

From the minister:

We were in slow-moving traffic the other day and the car in front of us had an Obama bumper sticker on it. It read: "Pray for Obama. Psalm 109:8".

My husband's Bible was lying on the dash board & he got it & opened it up to the scripture & read it. He started laughing & laughing. Then he read it to me. I couldn't believe what it said. I had a good laugh, too.

Psalm 109:8
    "Let his days be few; and let another take his office. "

At last - I can voice a Biblical prayer for our president! Look it up - it is word for word! Let us all bow our heads and pray.

This is true as I looked it up in Wikipedia.......there are several translations but all mean the same thing.......don't you just love it......Ruthie.

OK, everyone take your best shot.

This bumper sticker gained some notoriety a few months ago and I gave a hearty laugh the first time I saw it. Unfortunately, Obama supporters found a way to attack those who have them by pointing to the next verse:
    May his children be fatherless and his wife a widow.
    They claimed those who displayed the sticker were calling for assassination. That rather reduced the enjoyment of it because most people are too stupid to realize that the bumper sticker only refers to 109:8
    It's hard to argue with them when you always say that verses cannot be read in isolation but must be considered in context.

I still get a kick out of them when I see them. But I hope Obama survives to see himself become a one-term President -- the thought of President Biden makes me ill.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphtwo View Post
    We were in slow-moving traffic the other day and the car in front of us had an Obama bumper sticker on it. It read: "Pray for Obama. Psalm 109:8".

My husband's Bible was lying on the dash board & he got it & opened it up to the scripture & read it. He started laughing & laughing. Then he read it to me. I couldn't believe what it said. I had a good laugh, too.

At last - I can voice a Biblical prayer for our president! Look it up - it is word for word! Let us all bow our heads and pray.

This is true as I looked it up in Wikipedia.......there are several translations but all mean the same thing.......don't you just love it......Ruthie.

People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

we were in slow-moving traffic the other day and the car in front of us had an obama bumper sticker on it. It read: "pray for obama. Psalm 109:8".

My husband's bible was lying on the dash board & he got it & opened it up to the scripture & read it. He started laughing & laughing. Then he read it to me. I couldn't believe what it said. I had a good laugh, too.

"let his days be few; and let another take his office. "

at last - i can voice a biblical prayer for our president! Look it up - it is word for word! Let us all bow our heads and pray.

This is true as i looked it up in wikipedia.......there are several translations but all mean the same thing.......don't you just love it......ruthie.

Ok, everyone take your best shot.
    amen

mojo Guest
    Truth always works.......thats a good one!!!!!

In a collision small objects become big missiles, making impacts of 20-30 times their weight. 20 kg of load can impact the skull at an equivalent of ton. This means even the smallest objects can pack a big punch.

Your bible, and Dashboard Jesus can hurt you.

YouTube - Dashboard Jesus, Bible

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    This bumper sticker gained some notoriety a few months ago and I gave a hearty laugh the first time I saw it. Unfortunately, Obama supporters found a way to attack those who have them by pointing to the next verse:

They claimed those who displayed the sticker were calling for assassination. That rather reduced the enjoyment of it because most people are too stupid to realize that the bumper sticker only refers to 109:8
    It's hard to argue with them when you always say that verses cannot be read in isolation but must be considered in context.

I still get a kick out of them when I see them. But I hope Obama survives to see himself become a one-term President -- the thought of President Biden makes me ill.
    I agree. Biden would be almost as bad as the Usurper.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I agree. Biden would be almost as bad as the Usurper.
    But, even worse than a President Biden would be a President Pelosi.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

mojo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post

Any one of the three stooges is bad news.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

President Pelos.. President Pelo... Please do not even utter those words; they are the secret words to summon demons from hell!
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast