Something I found to be disturbing - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something I found to be disturbing

mojo Guest
    If one wants to "look for" a message in any movie it is going to be found. Personally going back and putting an analytical mind to Avatar I saw no smurfs bowing before trees as if they represented Christ.............I watched a make beleive story about a place far far away.
    Again, what ever is in ones mind that one wants to project will be projected. Or maybe just follow what the MSM says is in the movie, go see it and have the same epiphany they had, thats always the easier way.
    The church is obvioulsy trying to be current with its members and make a point about certain movies, knowing that people of all wals of life will wander into the theater and watch. Hurt Locker would be a movie that showed these were people who were not focused on the color of this boys skin or his social shortcomings but in his character and his potential.......I beleive the media actually made the comment also that by golly this family is a Christian family and look at that they're not racists as so many try to paint Christians......am I putting a target on my back. I remember this kind of activity when I was a kid and the church wanted to relate to what we watched on TV etc and try to make it relevant in regards to the teachings of Christ. Thats what this church is doing, nothing more, nothing less. I dont agree with it or disagree with it, it is what they feel is appropriate. If it works for their congregation and helps to get the message across...........ehhhhhh

Exclamation smurfette???

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    I rarely go to movies. Is Smurfette in this one?
    Yup and she is HOTTTTTTTTT
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    If one wants to "look for" a message in any movie it is going to be found. Personally going back and putting an analytical mind to Avatar I saw no smurfs bowing before trees as if they represented Christ.............I watched a make beleive story about a place far far away.
    Again, what ever is in ones mind that one wants to project will be projected. Or maybe just follow what the MSM says is in the movie, go see it and have the same epiphany they had, thats always the easier way.
    The church is obvioulsy trying to be current with its members and make a point about certain movies, knowing that people of all wals of life will wander into the theater and watch. Hurt Locker would be a movie that showed these were people who were not focused on the color of this boys skin or his social shortcomings but in his character and his potential.......I beleive the media actually made the comment also that by golly this family is a Christian family and look at that they're not racists as so many try to paint Christians......am I putting a target on my back. I remember this kind of activity when I was a kid and the church wanted to relate to what we watched on TV etc and try to make it relevant in regards to the teachings of Christ. Thats what this church is doing, nothing more, nothing less. I dont agree with it or disagree with it, it is what they feel is appropriate. If it works for their congregation and helps to get the message across...........ehhhhhh
    I listen to the advertisement a little closer and this is part of the message
    Come explore the spiritual message in them (the movies)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12