Goodbye... - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye...

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Any thread you do not agree with or like, you have the option to ignore it and pass on by. There is no mandate that you read or participate in it.
    I do personally have a "mandate" to oppose FUD, off topic or not. Not just here at this tiny microcosm of online culture, but wherever in life I encounter it. And that is clearly exactly what this thread is, nothing more, nothing less. "Scare Tactics" is just a more descriptive term for the "F" portion of the (F)ear (U)ncertainty and (D)doubt many around here seem to thrive on. It is the only material available to people on the side of issues they cannot logically or factually support for whatever irrational reason.

Quite amusing, really.

There is none so blind as those who will not see.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    I do personally have a "mandate" to oppose FUD, off topic or not. Not just here at this tiny microcosm of online culture, but wherever in life I encounter it. And that is clearly exactly what this thread is, nothing more, nothing less. "Scare Tactics" is just a more descriptive term for the "F" portion of the (F)ear (U)ncertainty and (D)doubt many around here seem to thrive on. It is the only material available to people on the side of issues they cannot logically or factually support for whatever irrational reason.

Quite amusing, really.
    Very well said. Very well stated. Clenching your guns closer does not solve problems, engaging in constructive thoughtfulness dialog is much more productive. Being active in local government and educate the ignorant is our only salvation. If and or when they take our guns it will be a losing battle to physically fight, this government is too powerful to fight with weapons, that is why we must fight with our wits.

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    ... this government is too powerful to fight with weapons, that is why we must fight with our wits.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword" comes to mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post

Quite amusing, really.
    I agree. Fear, uncertainty and doubt should act as a catalysts for seeking facts upon which to make rational decisions. all to often they instead act as an emotional spark for knee-jerk reactions against the perceived fear, uncertainty and doubt.

Lightening is a perfect example. One who is fearful of lightening striking their house can choose to remain ignorant of its nature and causes, and instead curse at it and proclaim "the end is near! the end is near!"

Or they can instead search for knowledge about the nature and causes of lightening, then discover that a lightening rod works better than cursing and pontificating.

Darn it wooddoctor I had that troll on the ignore list and you had to go and quote him so that I would have see his post.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I'm a "good" troll.

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    I think ice man was a "good troll", also.

Well as I said "opinions" we all have them.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Well as I said "opinions" we all have them.
    Yes. Some are big, some small and some in-between.

I have no problems with differences of opinion. I do have a problem when anyone's opinion is put down with name-calling, derision, and sarcasm. All too common on this forum. You don't like the content of a thread, then, DON"T READ IT.

Personally, I don't mind trolls, I think they're kind of amusing. I put someone on "IGNORE" a long time ago, but quickly took them back off as dealing with bullsh#t is part of life.

I wouldn't have banned Iceman, myself, he was easy enough to ignore when I wanted. But, that's admin's call. At any rate, anyone who thinks he didn't revert to name-calling and serious attacks, especially against Christians, doesn't read very well. It's plain as day.

And yeah, Wooddoctor, I was quite serious about the "watchlist" comment. Some time ago, that issue enjoyed a thread of its own. Many of us, upstanding citizens all, are quite comfortable with the idea that the gov't is monitoring sites such as this and possibly (probably?) maintaining databases of gun rights advocates, among others. That is, however, JUST MY OPINION. Take it or leave it, I don't care at all.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast