Goodbye... - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye...

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    I have been on this forum for about a month and read dialog between the ice man and other members. As I recall, many here could not handle the intellect and resorted to name calling. I also remember his informative contributions and do not recall him resorting to any name calling or any derogatory remarks directed to anybody unlike the name calling directed to him. (if this is not true show me) .
    Here's one
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/open-...use-today.html

Another
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/firea...use-today.html

Very first post, he has already resorted to a snide remark and I haven't even spoken to the guy.

Enough proof? Or do you want more? He's a punk wood doctor, let there be no doubt.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    If and or when they take our guns it will be a losing battle to physically fight, this government is too powerful to fight with weapons, that is why we must fight with our wits.
    I would have to disagree.

2 million US soldiers.

80 million gun owners.

Although legislative methods are much more preferable.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Many of us could produce proof because there was plenty there. Guess it depends on if a person wants to except it or not. Luke has not banned all that may here so to get banned you have to have deserved it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Very first post, he has already resorted to a snide remark and I haven't even spoken to the guy.
    Maybe you don't understand how the Internet works, Oh Mighty one. You post something on a site like this and it is there for ANYONE IN THE WORLD to read and respond to as they see fit. This is a PUBLIC web forum, not your private little clique club for Christian dogma and ultra right wing obsessive anti-government sentiment regurgitation, like some here seem to think.

One man's trash is another man's treasure. Opinions are like ___holes. Different strokes for different folks.

You want to play in the dirt, be ready to get your hands dirty. You want nice touch feely exchange with people who all think and act like you, then go to church and participate in all thier extracirricular activities, but don't expect it on the Internet, pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Maybe you don't understand how the Internet works, Oh Mighty one. You post something on a site like this and it is there for ANYONE IN THE WORLD to read and respond to as they see fit. This is a PUBLIC web forum, not your private little clique club for Christian dogma and ultra right wing obsessive anti-government sentiment regurgitation, like some here seem to think.

One man's trash is another man's treasure. Opinions are like ___holes. Different strokes for different folks.

You want to play in the dirt, be ready to get your hands dirty. You want nice touch feely exchange with people who all think and act like you, then go to church and participate in all their extracurricular activities, but don't expect it on the Internet, pal.
    It's one thing to have an opposing opinion, it is quite another to actively seek out that which you disagree with just to antagonize.

I have no problems with someone disagreeing with me. Sure, I'll argue my point, but if it seems to be going nowhere, I'll back off.

What earns one the title of troll is the constant antagonizing, seemingly for the sole purpose of getting under someone's skin. There are a handful that have already been banned, and a few that still exist. Weather or not they should be banned is not our call. There is likely more to it than what has been posted in public. Mostly I think it has to do with someone whining to Luke in private, which he should not have to put up with.

The point of the OP was that IF something would happen to our current form of communication... Re-read it. "IF" and "COULD" in bold letters. If you believe that there is NOOOO WAAAAY that the internet could be taken control of, I invite you to look at China. A few of us are exchanging information, just in case something MAY happen to our current most popular means of staying connected. If you think that is beyond the realm of possibility, then by all means, feel free to not exchange your info with others you have bonded with. We will be sure not to share ours with you. No sweat off our backs.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

BTW, Another good way for us to stay connected is through Facebook. Alot easier to share your thoughts without someone butting in and arguing just for the sake of arguing.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    BTW, Another good way for us to stay connected is through Facebook.
    That is an EXCELLENT idea!

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    It's one thing to have an opposing opinion, it is quite another to actively seek out that which you disagree with just to antagonize.

I have no problems with someone disagreeing with me. Sure, I'll argue my point, but if it seems to be going nowhere, I'll back off.

What earns one the title of troll is the constant antagonizing, seemingly for the sole purpose of getting under someone's skin. There are a handful that have already been banned, and a few that still exist. Weather or not they should be banned is not our call. There is likely more to it than what has been posted in public. Mostly I think it has to do with someone whining to Luke in private, which he should not have to put up with.

The point of the OP was that IF something would happen to our current form of communication... Re-read it. "IF" and "COULD" in bold letters. If you believe that there is NOOOO WAAAAY that the internet could be taken control of, I invite you to look at China. A few of us are exchanging information, just in case something MAY happen to our current most popular means of staying connected. If you think that is beyond the realm of possibility, then by all means, feel free to not exchange your info with others you have bonded with. We will be sure not to share ours with you. No sweat off our backs.
    I agree. A few trolls have bit the dust. A few remain. I just put the trolls on ignore. Once it becomes apparent that someone has nothing important to add but only is here to attack others opinions it is best to put them where we do not have to read their incessant drivel.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

10. Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Here's one
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/open-...use-today.html

Another
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/firea...use-today.html

Enough proof? Or do you want more? He's a punk wood doctor, let there be no doubt.
    Perhaps might didn't get enough fettering?

Unfettered Might, I appreciate you bringing those post back for me to read. I can appreciate the fact that your situation was stressful and is very upsetting and I respect that fact that you know your rights and are willing to fight for them. I only wish there were more people who would have your conviction. After reading ice man comments I agree with you that he had made some derogatory comments reference to your handle or forum name. Other then that, In my humble opinion I believe the ice man was engaging you from his perspective in which I felt he made some valid points which is much more submissive then your approach, which is why I respect your assertiveness and firm position of your rights. I would have gone in concealed and not stirred the pudding. But that is not the issue here. I would like to know from Luke what constitutes Banning. If a certain group or click on this forum does not like someone does that put pressure on Luke to make a decision to ban someone? Who will be next and for what?

I believe in personal responsibility I have been self Employed for over 25 years. The point is that there is no right of not being offended. From my view of what I read about the ice mans comments were simply an opposing view and something for us to think about, I donít believe he meant anyone any ill will to anyone. I believe he responded as any normal person would when you are ganged up on. His little jabs would be a missed spelled name or something of the sort, he was in the defense mode. We all need to chill out and not take every word so seriously. It is very hard to communicate over the internet when you can not look at someone and understand their true intentions.
    I donít know ice man but what I do know is that we need everybody who believes in personal responsibility and the right to bear arms to be on our band wagon and not to shun them just because our feelings might get hurt once in awhile and that is only from ones perception.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

11. Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I have no problems with differences of opinion. I do have a problem when anyone's opinion is put down with name-calling, derision, and sarcasm. All too common on this forum. You don't like the content of a thread, then, DON"T READ IT.

Personally, I don't mind trolls, I think they're kind of amusing. I put someone on "IGNORE" a long time ago, but quickly took them back off as dealing with bullsh#t is part of life.

I wouldn't have banned Iceman, myself, he was easy enough to ignore when I wanted. But, that's admin's call. At any rate, anyone who thinks he didn't revert to name-calling and serious attacks, especially against Christians, doesn't read very well. It's plain as day.

And yeah, Wooddoctor, I was quite serious about the "watchlist" comment. Some time ago, that issue enjoyed a thread of its own. Many of us, upstanding citizens all, are quite comfortable with the idea that the gov't is monitoring sites such as this and possibly (probably?) maintaining databases of gun rights advocates, among others. That is, however, JUST MY OPINION. Take it or leave it, I don't care at all.
    JJ I am with you I would not have ban ice man either. I am not sure what you are implying about the watch list. If in fact you are concerned about the watch list then why would you be on this forum and giving yourself away.Now Do not get your panties in a wad (figure of speach) I am just asking.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast