Wish me luck!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wish me luck!!

Wish me luck!!

I've been doing Software testing for almost 10 years now and been with my current company for 5 years now. QA is good but I'm ready to take on a new challenge. A new position opened up for a Product Manager and I applied. It'll get me into management and include a pay increase. So please keep me in your thoughts and prayers! Thanks guys.

Oh and the hiring manager is a gun guy and we've actually gone shooting a few times. I'm hoping that'll give me some bonus point! lol.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

And of course more money means more guns. I will pray if it is the lords will he will open the doors for the new job.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    And of course more money means more guns. I will pray if it is the lords will he will open the doors for the new job.
    Thanks HK4U! I appreciate that.

As far as more money means more guns.... Why else would I work so hard! lol
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

I hope things work out the best for you man.. It's always good to take on new challenges, it adds more talents to your arsenal should you ever decide to look for another position in the future.

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Hey PB. I do the same thing here software QA. Certified by ASTQB: CTFL.

Very cool opportunity. I will wish you luck and pray for your success.

Money for guns? Huh? Grow your own man!!!

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post

Peace...
    Yea, I don't know why Kimber needs to work anyway. The way he keeps finding guns in his yard he could go into business selling guns. and make a good living.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    I've been doing Software testing for almost 10 years now and been with my current company for 5 years now. QA is good but I'm ready to take on a new challenge. A new position opened up for a Product Manager and I applied. It'll get me into management and include a pay increase. So please keep me in your thoughts and prayers! Thanks guys.

Oh and the hiring manager is a gun guy and we've actually gone shooting a few times. I'm hoping that'll give me some bonus point! lol.
    Praying, Kimber. Be sure and let us know how it turns out for you!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    I hope things work out the best for you man.. It's always good to take on new challenges, it adds more talents to your arsenal should you ever decide to look for another position in the future.
    Yep always looking to add new telants to my tool box. Just makes me more marketable. Thanks HootmonSccy

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post

Peace...
    I think Festus also does QA work. I really enjoy QA and breaking things seems to come natural but I'm currently stuck in a department with a very inexperienced manager and lead. So it's hard to see things you know could be improved but your suggestions always get shot down. So going to Product Management will give me a new challenge and put me in a position to help improve some of the processes. So I'm really hoping I get this position.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Yea, I don't know why Kimber needs to work anyway. The way he keeps finding guns in his yard he could go into business selling guns. and make a good living.
    HK4U that would be my dream job! I'd love to own a gun store and range. Were I could also train and teach. That would be a BLAST!!

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    Praying, Kimber. Be sure and let us know how it turns out for you!
    Thanks a lot Mom! I appreciate the prayers and I'll keep you all posted as I find things out.
    - Benjamin Franklin

Software QA and hardware failure analysis have been the job for the past 12 years. Before that it was Automotive service for 9.

Fixing and breaking things has always been my way. As soon as I had my M&P done with break in and confirmed it was a good one. I took it apart.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post

HK4U that would be my dream job! I'd love to own a gun store and range. Were I could also train and teach. That would be a BLAST!!
    Yeah, then you could hire me to help out!!!

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast