America: Graduating from God? by Chuck Norris - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: America: Graduating from God? by Chuck Norris

  1. #41
    A few quotes for those that are ignorant of God's hand in forming our republic.

    "How many observe Christ's birthday! How few his precepts!
    O! 'tis easier to keep holidays than commandments."
    Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, 1757

    "Freedom is not a gift bestowed upon us by other men, but a right that belongs to us by the laws of God and nature."
    Benjamin Franklin

    "Man will ultimately be governed by God or by tyrants."
    Benjamin Franklin


    "It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains."
    Patrick Henry


    "It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here."
    Patrick Henry


    "I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that His justice cannot sleep forever." Thomas Jefferson

    "We have forgotten God. We have forgotten the gracious hand which preserved us in peace and multiplied and enriched and strengthened us, and we have vainly imagined, in the deceitfulness of our hearts, that all these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue of our own. Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self-sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, too proud to pray to the God that made us."
    Abraham Lincoln's 1863 Thanksgiving Proclamation


    "Finally, let us not forget the religious character of our origin. Our fathers were brought hither by their high veneration for the Christian religion. They journeyed by its light, and labored in its hope. They sought to incorporate its principles with the elements of their society, and to diffuse its influence through all their institutions, civil, political, or literary."
    Daniel Webster



    "If religious books are not widely circulated among the masses in this country, I do not know what is going to become of us as a nation. If truth be not diffused, error will be; If God and His Word are not known and received, the devil and his works will gain the ascendancy, If the evangelical volume does not reach every hamlet, the pages of a corrupt and licentious literature will; If the power of the Gospel is not felt throughout the length and breadth of the land, anarchy and misrule, degradation and misery, corruption and darkness will reign without mitigation or end."
    Daniel Webster

    "Education is useless without the Bible."
    Noah Webster

    "In my view, the Christian religion is the most important and one of the first things in which all children, under a free government ought to be instructed....No truth is more evident to my mind than that the Christian religion must be the basis of any government intended to secure the rights and privileges of a free people."
    Noah Webster

    "The religion which has introduced civil liberty is the religion of Christ and His apostles, which enjoins humility, piety, and benevolence; which acknowledges in every person a brother, or a sister, and a citizen with equal rights. This is genuine Christianity, and to this we owe our free Constitutions of Government."
    Noah Webster
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  2.   
  3. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Idaho
    Posts
    265
    "It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains."
    Patrick Henry
    This one is my favorite

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Real World
    Posts
    7,937
    My favorite by Patrick Henry.."as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by ConditionOne View Post
    I've never understood how anyone can think this way about atheism. As someone on another forum said, "Atheism is a religion like not collecting stamps is a hobby." Atheism is, by definition, is a neutral position. It cannot be a religion, and it is not anti-religion. It's a lack of religion; nothing more, nothing less.




    I disagree. Since atheism by definition cannot be a competing religion, nor is it anti-religion, nothing is being forced on you. No views are being rammed down your throat. You can't force nothing on someone.


    Most atheists I've known do not harbor anti-religious sentiments, and most are not vocal. It doesn't matter to them what your personal beliefs are, so long as those beliefs aren't forced on them. They tend to be very live-and-let-live people, and most of them aren't very judgmental at all. They don't look down on the religious, they just don't share their beliefs.

    I would encourage everyone to avoid lumping all atheists together, the same way I would encourage everyone not to lump all Christians in with the Westboro Baptist Church.
    Actually, by definition, Atheism is the belief there is no God. Therefore, it is the religion of no God.
    And, just like other religions, there are fanatics. It is these fanatics we fight against, just like we fight against Christian fanatics and Muslim fanatics.
    Now, most atheists do not object to a prayer being said before a football game, most do not object to a nativity scene at a firestation. Most Christians do not require a cross in every room they enter either. But some do. It is these we have a problem with. It is these fanatics who are attempting to drive every expression of religion from public view we resist. And yes, we are harmed by the forced removal of our symbols, far more than an atheist is harmed by their presence. The Constitution does not guarantee an atheists right to a society free of religion, it does not give the guarantee the freedom from taking offence or being insulted. It does guarantee the free practice of religion.
    The presence of religious symbols does not make an atheist belive in God. However, their removal does prevent religious people from practing their religion.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Real World
    Posts
    7,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    Actually, by definition, Atheism is the belief there is no God. Therefore, it is the religion of no God.
    And, just like other religions, there are fanatics. It is these fanatics we fight against, just like we fight against Christian fanatics and Muslim fanatics.
    Now, most atheists do not object to a prayer being said before a football game, most do not object to a nativity scene at a firestation. Most Christians do not require a cross in every room they enter either. But some do. It is these we have a problem with. It is these fanatics who are attempting to drive every expression of religion from public view we resist. And yes, we are harmed by the forced removal of our symbols, far more than an atheist is harmed by their presence. The Constitution does not guarantee an atheists right to a society free of religion, it does not give the guarantee the freedom from taking offence or being insulted. It does guarantee the free practice of religion.
    The presence of religious symbols does not make an atheist belive in God. However, their removal does prevent religious people from practing their religion.
    You put forth some good points. I think of it this way...a persons faith is the foundation of their life, it is a blueprint of their character and the strength of their convictions. I would be totally lost without my faith in Christ. Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt, all worthless. I however don't fear anything because an atheist doesn't believe in God, I am not offended, and their disbelief has no effect on my life. It amazes me that an atheist is offended by my belief/ faith, and, they have so much fear of something that they don't believe in. The fear that they may be wrong in their disbelief is what drives their hatred of those that do believe. Your correct that a religious symbol does not make an atheist believe in God, however, the symbols are a reminder to them of what they fear most, their disbelief. It's really pathetic when you think about it.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

  7. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    Actually, by definition, Atheism is the belief there is no God. Therefore, it is the religion of no God.
    According to a variety of sources, religion can be defined as one of the following:
    • a strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny
    • an institution to express belief in a divine power
    • religion is a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a supernatural agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs

    There are other definitions, but they share a common theme: belief in the supernatural. An atheist does not believe in the supernatural. Atheism is not, and cannot be, a religion.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    And, just like other religions, there are fanatics. It is these fanatics we fight against, just like we fight against Christian fanatics and Muslim fanatics.
    I agree. It's the extremists of any stripe who are by far the most dangerous.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    Now, most atheists do not object to a prayer being said before a football game, most do not object to a nativity scene at a firestation. Most Christians do not require a cross in every room they enter either. But some do. It is these we have a problem with. It is these fanatics who are attempting to drive every expression of religion from public view we resist.
    To the atheists who don't want any prayers said around them, and to the Christians who feel a need to be surrounded by crosses or other religious symbols, I say the same thing... too bad. They are both fanatics, they are both extremes, and neither will ever be happy with the reality of the situation. You don't always get your way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    And yes, we are harmed by the forced removal of our symbols, far more than an atheist is harmed by their presence.
    No, you are not. There is no physical harm done to you. You are not emotionally traumatized. We're talking about public spaces here, not churches or people's homes.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    The Constitution does not guarantee an atheists right to a society free of religion, it does not give the guarantee the freedom from taking offence or being insulted. It does guarantee the free practice of religion.
    Yep, I agree.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    The presence of religious symbols does not make an atheist belive in God. However, their removal does prevent religious people from practing their religion.
    I respectfully disagree. Removing a religious symbol from a public space does not cause anyone to not be able to practice their religion. They are free to practice in their homes, their churches... just about everywhere, in fact. They never have to stop being religious.
    South Carolina CWP holder and proud member of GrassRoots GunRights

  8. #47
    The removal of religious symbols from public view is only the beginning. How long will it be before people of faith will be arrested in their places of worship or in their homes simply because they practice religions that have fallen out of favor with the government? Do not be so sure that our freedoms OF religion are safe any more than our freedom to own and bear firearms is safe. The Progressives have been chipping away at BOTH of these freedoms tirelessly.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    The removal of religious symbols from public view is only the beginning. How long will it be before people of faith will be arrested in their places of worship or in their homes simply because they practice religions that have fallen out of favor with the government? Do not be so sure that our freedoms OF religion are safe any more than our freedom to own and bear firearms is safe. The Progressives have been chipping away at BOTH of these freedoms tirelessly.
    It appears to be coming like a flood right now. Look at the financial bill they passed today with Republican help I believe. By the time that the new congress is sworn in, they will have put through their entire agenda. Perhaps after that we will have martial law in place with a dictator for life. The radical changes in DC are that out of control. For those that laugh at what the Christians have been warning for 2000 years, let them laugh.

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Real World
    Posts
    7,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    It appears to be coming like a flood right now. Look at the financial bill they passed today with Republican help I believe. By the time that the new congress is sworn in, they will have put through their entire agenda. Perhaps after that we will have martial law in place with a dictator for life. The radical changes in DC are that out of control. For those that laugh at what the Christians have been warning for 2000 years, let them laugh.
    Right you are Alaska, let them laugh, while they still can. When you say "coming like a flood right now" I believe is what the Lord was talking about when He described the birth pangs increasing with intensity as the End draws near. I had an interesting thought recently about the government of man and just how screwed up things are. The world is in perplexity just like the Lord said it would be, with no way out. Food for thought; for 6,000 yrs. God has given man a free will and has allowed him the opportunity to govern himself. Keeping in mind that man's evil nature (the Flesh) has been restrained from total complete indulgence. So, for 6,000 yrs. man has survived because God (Holy Spirit) has been the restraining factor. Now consider this; after the Rapture the restrainer (Christ's Spirit Filled Church) will be taken out of the way and man will be given what man has always wanted, FREE REIGN of his flesh on earth. Imagine this, in just 7 short yrs. of man's total freedom to rule & reign in his flesh without God's restraint, man will destroy 2/3's of human life on this planet before the Lord returns to stop TOTAL annihilation. Does anyone in their right mind still put any faith in the government of man?

    No Alaska, NOT IN THEIR RIGHT MIND! Think about it. We Christians ask why is everything so insane today, how is it that everyone is so ignorant believing every lie, being deceived, and yet continuing to repeat their ignorance and foolishness regardless of the consequences? I believe the answer is clear where Paul declares, in reference to End Times, "They perish because they refuse to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness". I believe that delusion that brings forth the Lawless One is upon us even now. Coming like a flood , we're closer than we think.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Idaho
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Right you are Alaska, let them laugh, while they still can. When you say "coming like a flood right now" I believe is what the Lord was talking about when He described the birth pangs increasing with intensity as the End draws near. I had an interesting thought recently about the government of man and just how screwed up things are. The world is in perplexity just like the Lord said it would be, with no way out. Food for thought; for 6,000 yrs. God has given man a free will and has allowed him the opportunity to govern himself. Keeping in mind that man's evil nature (the Flesh) has been restrained from total complete indulgence. So, for 6,000 yrs. man has survived because God (Holy Spirit) has been the restraining factor. Now consider this; after the Rapture the restrainer (Christ's Spirit Filled Church) will be taken out of the way and man will be given what man has always wanted, FREE REIGN of his flesh on earth. Imagine this, in just 7 short yrs. of man's total freedom to rule & reign in his flesh without God's restraint, man will destroy 2/3's of human life on this planet before the Lord returns to stop TOTAL annihilation. Does anyone in their right mind still put any faith in the government of man?

    No Alaska, NOT IN THEIR RIGHT MIND! Think about it. We Christians ask why is everything so insane today, how is it that everyone is so ignorant believing every lie, being deceived, and yet continuing to repeat their ignorance and foolishness regardless of the consequences? I believe the answer is clear where Paul declares, in reference to End Times, "They perish because they refuse to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness". I believe that delusion that brings forth the Lawless One is upon us even now. Coming like a flood , we're closer than we think.
    Great post, Ringo

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Similar Threads

  1. State of the Union grade: 'F' 2010 by Chuck Norris
    By HK4U in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 08:54 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 06:34 PM
  3. CHUCK NORRIS...is such a bad @$$...
    By festus in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-24-2009, 02:39 PM
  4. Chuck Norris for President of Texas
    By HK4U in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 07:12 AM
  5. Not all liberals hate guns!
    By gdcleanfun in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 11-30-2008, 02:44 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast