Arrested for Being Christians in America? - Page 10
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrested for Being Christians in America?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    So who's ignorant? Someone who pays a tenth of their income to a non-taxed organization or someone who sees the lies and deceit the Church has played out for years?
    I believe this one falls more into the category involving the distinction between ignorance and stupidity.

Look at all the dust coming off my sandals. It's amazing to me that Scriptures even addresses how to deal with trolls. Just more proof that Scriptural principles are valid and timeless.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

He got old. People die Probably the only thing we agree on. As scripture says "It is appointed unto man once to die but after this the judgment". It has become apparent though that you ae just another forum infiltrating, Christian bashing troll. In fact I see stark similarities to another troll that used to lurk around here. Having said that it is time to add you to the growing number of trolls that I have added to my permanent ignore list so that I will not have to see your foolishness. USACarry is to good a forum with a lot of good members to waist time arguing with anyone whose only reason for being here is to stir the pot. Have a good eternity.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

5. Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Look at all the dust coming off my sandals. It's amazing to me the Scriptures even addresses how to deal with trolls. Just more proof that Scriptural principles are valid and timeless.
    No, this is a genuine discussion. I might even convert if someone can explain my questions to me. C'mon, I hunger, and didn't Jesus feed the hungry? What kind of Christian are you if you're not being the living, walking embodiment of scripture?

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Look at all the dust coming off my sandals. It's amazing to me that Scriptures even addresses how to deal with trolls. Just more proof that Scriptural principles are valid and timeless.
    I tossed him in the troll bin. It is starting to get full.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

So...here is my take on the current state of this thread....

There are two ways of looking at the issue.. "our" way, and the way the C&L and Midnight look at it. If "we" are right, then we are saved, and when the end times come, we should all be good. If C&L and Midnight are right, then nothing matters....However, if they are wrong, then they are the ones who will be hurting when the times come... whether they want to believe that or not is their right. I have had this conversation many times with non-believers, and I would rather be safe than sorry

On another note, if they have gun forums in Heaven, we will have one free of C&L, Midnight, and the others

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    ...Scriptures even addresses how to deal with trolls...
    Too bad they don't define it for you.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    He got old. People die. That's life.

You should really ask yourself some questions about your religion:
    1) Why does religion need money? It's just the message that's important, right? If your message was so great, wouldn't you think it would spread on its own to every human in the world without elaborate edifices?

golly why do you need a roof over your head, so you can stay dry and warm, people like to be comfortable and buildings cost money, sending food, and medicine to the underprivileged cost money, doing good while the volunteers can work for free the plane ticket to get there is not

2) If God loves us, why would he allow us to suffer for all eternity? Even the most horrible people of all time like Stalin and Hitler don't deserve an eternity of torture. Do you even fathom what eternity is? Don't you think it's a little extreme to send someone to torture for all eternity for being human?

it's called free will one of his gifts to man, ants have no free choice, animals act out of instinct and hence have no free choice, some men are cruel and flat out evil and inflict their tyranny on others this not of GOD but of man

3) How does "accepting Jesus Christ" somehow make you saved from the fiery depths of hell? Is there some supernatural element to it? I don't see how believing in Jesus Christ's divinity could somehow magically make you more eligible for paradise.

you need to read the bible to understand all the answers are there, and obviously refuse to do so, and hence will never gain the answer you ask for

4) If God is omniscient and knows your every thought, why waste time praying?

when you do something good do you want to hear it, when you know what your other half wants for her birthday wouldn't you love to hear it from her first, yes GOD knows but he still likes to hear it for when it comes from you it is from your heart

5) If everything is God's will, why bother praying to him asking for things? He's going to do what he pleases anyway.

"ask and ye shall receive" again the free will thing, when stopped for a traffic ticket if you ask the officer for a warning, you very well may receive one, or a lesser infraction, if you do not you get the full Monty this is no different

6) Why is God so violent and radical in the Old Testament and then loving in the New Testament? That's a complete 180.

he is only bad ass to those that oppose not support

7) Why were the Jews "God's chosen people" for so long if we were all created by God and he loves all of us.

simple they were the only ones that believed in GOD, while the rest worshiped their king as a demi god, or such myths as Zeus, or things with Jackal heads and human body's.
    But being his creation we are all still loved, heck I bet he was saddened by them but yes Hitler, Stalin, Castro, Pol Pot, all those despots are on his love list someplace

8) Did you know that there were books from the Bible taken out in the 4th Century so that the Church could mask anything making Jesus appear human? Doesn't it seem funny that they wouldn't be able to sell their lies and make billions if they hadn't done this?

Did you know those books are avialbe to be read, and it was a Human that did that, oh **** there is that free will thing again... the Catholic church in the begining had its level of coruptuion, wnated to be like the Kings of the world, and got put in their place eventualy and became a power for the good of GOD hence helping mankind

So who's ignorant? Someone who pays a tenth of their income to a non-taxed organization or someone who sees the lies and deceit the Church has played out for years?

and I'm in the 40% tax bracket and that hurts more... my measly church 10% goes to help the people in other countries, building maintenance, grounds care, and pays the salaries of the church staff, and yes the Pastor is a part of that staff, but guess what he makes less than my wife at her part time job, yet he gives 10% of his back to the church.
    This 10% given freely goes further to do good than the 40% the government seizes. With taxes it's more like putting your money in a pile and setting it on fire, yes some will escape the flames and you will see it but for the most it is up in flames... But the money given to the church is more like a seed planted and you can see the growth....

so read my balded response, go read the bible and prove me wrong, that is if you dare.....

NOW I REITERATE BACK ON TOPIC!!! how about the issue of the Detroit Police over stepping their authority, snarfing a group of guys dong no wrong by the letter of the law!!!
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    ...how about the issue of the Detroit Police over stepping their authority, snarfing a group of guys dong no wrong by the letter of the law!!!
    You mean those militant christian zealots looking to start trouble at the Muslim festival? That group?

Its a shame really... I had reserved some hope that you were anti Christian due to ignorance. While ignorance no doubt is a major player in this issue it has become clear to me that your "anti" status is not due to a lack of belief but instead resentment.
    Resentment because He is Holy & you are not.

No need to reply as you two are now the 1st members of my ignore list. Congratulations on a dubious distinction.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast