Arrested for Being Christians in America? - Page 2
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrested for Being Christians in America?

mojo Guest
    This not only saddens me but it sickens me as well; not under-cover or behind our backs, but right under our noses and in front of our faces our nation is being destroyed.

I wonder what the A.C.L.U.thinks about this? Or are they being paid to look the other way? Dearborn, Michigan has always had a strong Muslim presence, but to have Christians arrested for their belief's, Wow!

I am throughly incensed about this...

They say jihad, I say CRUSADE!

Quote Originally Posted by THE DUKE OF ESSEX View Post
    I wonder what the A.C.L.U.thinks about this?
    Absolutely nothing... They changed the name but didnt have the courtesy to change the sign on the door. Its the Anti Christian Liberties Union now, just like the rest of the fed...

If we as Christians were to hold a similar rally you can bet your bippy that every alphabet organization under the sun would be protesting us as racist & DEMANDING their right to speak at our rally.

Yes, it IS time to play 'cowboys & Muslims'. And for the life of me, I cannot figure out how the people of NYC can stomach the idea of a mosque being built right next to Ground Zero. I used to think L.A. was irretrievably lost and not worth saving anymore, and now NYC seems to be vying for that title.
    -= Piece Corps =-

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I am throughly incensed about this...

They say jihad, I say CRUSADE!

Absolutely nothing... They changed the name but didnt have the courtesy to change the sign on the door. Its the Anti Christian Liberties Union now, just like the rest of the fed...
    Also known as "American Communist Lawyers Union".
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

Exclamation how about this one

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Also known as "American Communist Lawyers Union".
    Anti-Christ's Legal Unit
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Anti-Christ's Legal Unit
    So that explains a lot of their support for BHO....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

If you had all the facts you'd find they were arrested for disrupting the proceedings after somebody complained and they refused to go away or mind their own business. That translates as "arrested for being christians..." to paranoids with a persecution complex.

10. where is the arrest video and where is the origins of this story? Thanks!!!
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    where is the arrest video and where is the origins of this story? Thanks!!!
    Thomas More Law Center Represents Four Christian Missionaries Arrested at Arab Festival in Dearborn

Dan Wooding (June 25, 2010)

"It's apparent that these arrests were a retaliatory action over the embarrassing video of the strong arm tactics used last year by Festival Security Guards. This time, the first thing police officers did before making the arrests was to confiscate the video cameras in order to prevent a recording of what was actually happening."

(Dearborn, MI)—In what some have described as "police enforcement of Sharia law" at the annual Dearborn Arab International Festival, last Friday night (June 18, 2010), Dearborn Police Officers arrested four Christian missionaries and "illegally confiscated their video cameras which were recording the events surrounding their arrests." (Photo: Dearborn Arab International Festival 2009)

Dearborn, Michigan, is one of the most densely populated Arab, Muslim communities in the US. It is estimated that out of 98,000 inhabitants, nearly 30,000 are Arab Muslims.

Now comes the news that The Thomas More Law Center, a public interest law firm based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, today announced it is representing all of the Christian missionaries.

Arrested on charges of Breach of the Peace are: Negeen Mayel, Dr. Nabeel Qureshi, Paul Rezkalla, and David Wood. Mayel, an eighteen year old female, whose parents emigrated from Afghanistan and a recent convert from Islam to Christianity, was also charged with failure to obey a police officer's orders. She was approximately 100 feet away and videotaping a discussion with some Muslims when her camera was seized.

Richard Thompson, President and Chief Counsel of the Thomas More Law Center, commented, "These Christian missionaries were exercising their Constitutional rights to free speech and the free exercise of religion, but apparently the Constitution carries little weight in Dearborn, where the Muslim population seems to dominate the political apparatus.

"It's apparent that these arrests were a retaliatory action over the embarrassing video of the strong arm tactics used last year by Festival Security Guards. This time, the first thing police officers did before making the arrests was to confiscate the video cameras in order to prevent a recording of what was actually happening."

Thompson continued, "Contrary to the comments made by Police Chief Ron Haddad, our Constitution does not allow police to ban the right of free speech just because there are some hecklers. Not all police officers approve of the way their department treated these Christians."

Robert Muise, Senior Trial Counsel with the Law Center in charge of the case, yesterday faxed a letter to Chief Haddad demanding that the three video cameras and tapes illegally seized from the missionaries be immediately returned.

Read the rest of this article by accessing the source link provided.

Source: ASSIST News Service

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast