Arrested for Being Christians in America? - Page 6
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrested for Being Christians in America?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    You're thinking of the Jehovah witness that go door to door,or maybe the Hare Krishna's that use to be at all the airports and buss terminals with their robes and dance....
    This religious zealotry is all different shades of the same color. Regardless of the faith or denomination, you just can't admit an inexpicable compelling urge to try and get everyone to think like you do. Rationalize any ridiculous explanation you like, whatever it is.... your're dreaming.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    This religious zealotry is all different shades of the same color. Regardless of the faith or denomination, you just can't admit an inexpicable compelling urge to try and get everyone to think like you do. Rationalize any ridiculous explanation you like, whatever it is.... your're dreaming.
    Here is my faith...

"Except For Ending Slavery, Fascism, Nazism and Communism, WAR has Never Solved Anything."

" U.S. Military- Certified Counselors to the 72 Virgins Dating Club."

"Stop Global Whining"

“US Military:/ No Finer Friend,/ No Worst Enemy”

“In the face of Terror and Murder / the call for Peace is NOT PATRIOTIC / IT'S COWARDICE”

"When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine"

"What Do I Feel When I Kill A Terrorist? A Little Recoil"

"Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Anyone Who Threatens It"

"It's God's Job to Forgive Bin Laden - It's Our Job To Arrange The Meeting"

"A Dead Enemy Is A Peaceful Enemy - Blessed Be The Peacemakers"

"God Guns Guts and glory"

Now use your spell checker, go read the rest of my previous post, and stop acting like a Democrat....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Hmmmm. I wonder what we could make up to pacify the militant Christians who seem to believe the 1st amendment of the Constitution gives them the right to harrass people with their proselytizing?
    You have the right to free speech. You DO NOT have the right to not be offended.

Why dont you libs get that??? I guess I am showing my age but I remember when the libs would say "I dont agree with what you are saying but I will fight to the death for your right to say it". Those days are so long gone & its a shame.

Now not only do libs not want to hear you but will fight & willingly break the law (as evidenced by this case) to suppress your right to speak.
    IMO you libs are a cancer to American society & surely killing it.

Sheldon, I think we agree on most of the ideals, except maybe one, and that woud be the method of the Christan madness expressed in this particular scenario. That's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    You have the right to free speech. You DO NOT have the right to not be offended.
    I'm not talking about being offended. Hell, if that was the case I wouldn't be on here taking my lumps from you guys all the time, now would I?

I'm talking about inciting violence in the name of Constutional rights. I'm talking about harassment towards that end. That is against the law, no matter how you slice it. This was nothing more than a thinly veiled slap in the face to the Muslim faith. If you can't see that, then you are truly blinded by your religion and dogmatic Constitutional trappings.

You obviously just don't understand the concept of respect. Have a nice day.

::sigh::

I will give you props for "taking your lumps" as it were but I fundamentally disagree with you.

You are speculating that they were inciting violence. From what has been seen thus far nothing is farther from the truth. They were courteous & respectful. They were just preaching to a crowd that had no tolerance for opposing views whatsoever.

::edit:: I decided to remove an inflammatory comment.

::sigh::

I will give you props for "taking your lumps" as it were but I fundamentally disagree with you.

You are speculating that they were inciting violence. From what has been seen thus far nothing is farther from the truth. They were courteous & respectful. They were just preaching to a crowd that had no tolerance for opposing views whatsoever.
    ::edit:: I decided to remove an inflammatory comment.
    Huge +1 on that.... I would love to know, since when is expressing a opposing view peacefully on public property a crime?
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

They were just preaching to a crowd that had no tolerance for opposing views whatsoever.
    This is a very disingenuous argument that merely seeks to sugarcoat the troublemaker's intentions. There is no allowance for "tolerance" where diametrically opposed religious belief comes into play. You (meaning the militant christians on this site) of all people with the way you rant about this stuff here ought to know that.

This is a very disingenuous argument that merely seeks to sugarcoat the troublemaker's intentions. There is no allowance for "tolerance" where diametrically opposed religious belief comes into play. You (meaning the militant christians on this site) of all people with the way you rant about this stuff here ought to know that.
    You really need to look up the meaning of militant, these guys not that in any way shape or form, now you want to see militant go look at the Muslims when they go for a religious march, they show up en mass, burn American flags, Burn people in effigy, cover their faces so no one can easily identify them.....

Yeah I know I sound like a Christian knight during the crusades but take a look at world history and you just may get a hint as to the reason for my hostility 10% of that many people is a heap of bad news just laying in wait to happen, just take a look at the riots in France when they gave them free reign of terror and the outcome....

So here you are criticizing a small group of a different faith for trying to inform others of a more loving, tolerant religion trying to be peace makers, thats kind of like yelling dirty stinking murdering jap over the table when the US was negotiating a treaty with Japan during WWII...

Yeah, we "militant Christians" are pretty damned intolerant, alright. Why, just yesterday I beheaded a couple infidels...
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Yeah, we "militant Christians" are pretty damned intolerant, alright. Why, just yesterday I beheaded a couple infidels...
    You too? That knife and sword practice I got in my Ninjutsu classes really comes in handy.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast