Arrested for Being Christians in America? - Page 7
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrested for Being Christians in America?

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    You too? That knife and sword practice I got in my Ninjutsu classes really comes in handy.
    Yeah but I can go out and buy something class III for the price of one quality sword......
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Well, I'm glad at least everyone finally agrees!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Yeah but I can go out and buy something class III for the price of one quality sword......
    I need to get me one of those to add to my intolerant militant Christian arsenal I have been building up to use on all the poor misused and abused infidels.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I would be delighted if we went back to the good ole days where "They needed killin" was a valid defense.

There's an awfully lot of flighty, touchy-feely imagined crap floating around this thread, and I'm not even talking about the religion aspect yet.

I don't give half a rat turd about the proselytizers' intentions. We do not act, as a nation, in a criminal justice way, because of people's intentions. We act against people through our agents, the police, for what they do. And the fact remains, that by remaining outside the bounds of the festival, they were outside of any legitimate bounds of jurisdiction temporarily entrusted to the festival organizers for the conduction of the festival. They were arrested wrongly.

C&L: I think it's important to keep any reins on rampant, harassing proselytizing within the jurisdiction of the physical actions. To delve down into the realm of mind reading is to put the law on an equal footing with the religion we seek to manage, lest it... well, get as bad as this. These Dearborn Arab Festival Christian Missionaries are not the same as the Westboro Baptist Church. Had they been so, I would have been rooting in that video to see a cop stick a boot in someone's face.

Something else I haven't seen is an argument with regard to what law were the missionaries violating. A policy? A city policy? How do you cite that policy? Is it with the laws, rules, regulations, and ordnances? You. Have. A. Policy! Well, how grand for you. I have a policy of not having sunshine blown up my skirts. You're under arrest under my policy.

If a law is not written in a place and in a manner where the people may read it, it's invalid. There is no such thing in America as a secret law. If a law is not created by an elected body by established due process of law, then it's not valid. Go ask the guys getting head up about the Hughes Amendment to the COPA86 about that one.

So, if there's an actual recorded vote on a city council passed ordnance to require all pamphleteering be banned within a 5 block radius of the Arab festival, it's there for you to go demand a copy of it, and of the list of those who voted for and against it, and the record of date and session of the council in which is was adopted. Go ask the Councilmen who voted for it why they thought it Constitutional to do so, and if not, then go ask the Chief of Police who told him there was such a legally binding decision made and if he gives a straight answer, by no means guaranteed, it will almost certainly be a single (Liberal) Councilman who made an unconstitutional, extra-legal order to/accord with the Police to enforce this non-law.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    There's an awfully lot of flighty, touchy-feely imagined crap floating around this thread, and I'm not even talking about the religion aspect yet.

I don't give half a rat turd about the proselytizers' intentions. We do not act, as a nation, in a criminal justice way, because of people's intentions. We act against people through our agents, the police, for what they do. And the fact remains, that by remaining outside the bounds of the festival, they were outside of any legitimate bounds of jurisdiction temporarily entrusted to the festival organizers for the conduction of the festival. They were arrested wrongly.

C&L: I think it's important to keep any reins on rampant, harassing proselytizing within the jurisdiction of the physical actions. To delve down into the realm of mind reading is to put the law on an equal footing with the religion we seek to manage, lest it... well, get as bad as this. These Dearborn Arab Festival Christian Missionaries are not the same as the Westboro Baptist Church. Had they been so, I would have been rooting in that video to see a cop stick a boot in someone's face.

Something else I haven't seen is an argument with regard to what law were the missionaries violating. A policy? A city policy? How do you cite that policy? Is it with the laws, rules, regulations, and ordnances? You. Have. A. Policy! Well, how grand for you. I have a policy of not having sunshine blown up my skirts. You're under arrest under my policy.

If a law is not written in a place and in a manner where the people may read it, it's invalid. There is no such thing in America as a secret law. If a law is not created by an elected body by established due process of law, then it's not valid. Go ask the guys getting head up about the Hughes Amendment to the COPA86 about that one.

So, if there's an actual recorded vote on a city council passed ordnance to require all pamphleteering be banned within a 5 block radius of the Arab festival, it's there for you to go demand a copy of it, and of the list of those who voted for and against it, and the record of date and session of the council in which is was adopted. Go ask the Councilmen who voted for it why they thought it Constitutional to do so, and if not, then go ask the Chief of Police who told him there was such a legally binding decision made and if he gives a straight answer, by no means guaranteed, it will almost certainly be a single (Liberal) Councilman who made an unconstitutional, extra-legal order to/accord with the Police to enforce this non-law
    DING, DING, DING... oops no cigar for you but maybe a rose, My point when the police said HAD and not HAS, with out any proof of any such law, ordinance or policy they have no grounds to detain and hence have abused the law and are liable for charges, law suits, or any other legal action their BLUFF brought about to pacify the Muslim sect of not so great Detroit...

Oh N JIC you are curious a quality Samurai sword made by a true master will easily run in excess of 25K....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

I don't care if they got arrested "wrongly," just glad to see they did! And I hope there really is an actual, legal, constitutional "law," "ordinance" or whatever you want to call it on the books.

If..... the jury's still out on what policy or law may be in question, this whole debate is just so much mental masturbation at this point.

Exclamation You are wrong in your assessment

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    I don't care if they got arrested "wrongly," just glad to see they did! And I hope there really is an actual, legal, constitutional "law," "ordinance" or whatever you want to call it on the books.

If..... the jury's still out on what policy or law may be in question, this whole debate is just so much mental masturbation at this point.
    I support your first amendment right to say what you want even though I feel you are wrong.
    You should support the christians first amendment rights as well.

The first amendment applies evenly to everyone under the constitution I swore an oath to protect and defend.

C&L please quit using it only when it suits you. There are a lot of people who do not have the same mannerisms as you yet they exist.

If you can not be objective then at least please be civil.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    I support your first amendment right to say what you want even though I feel you are wrong.
    You should support the christians first amendment rights as well.

The first amendment applies evenly to everyone under the constitution I swore an oath to protect and defend.

C&L please quit using it only when it suits you. There are a lot of people who do not have the same mannerisms as you yet they exist.

If you can not be objective then at least please be civil.

festus you are asking a lot. From my observations Half cocked and locked does not have the capacity to be civil any more than he has the ability to grasp the truth. His posts as far as I have seen are primarily just attacks on everything most of the rest of us believe. That in my book qualifies him for the label of a troll but that is my opinion. Others my disagree.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Even if it turns out there is no legal basis in print to support the arrest, official signatories and all as CIB so clearly points out, I will still contend these troublemakers were properly dealt with.

Ever heard of doing the right thing for the wrong reason?

In this case, the ends justifies the means. JMHO. You are free to disagree all you want, and I am free to have this opinion, right, wrong or otherwise.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast