Arrested for Being Christians in America? - Page 9
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrested for Being Christians in America?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post

By the way, I learned a long time ago that most adults are idiots, so don't equate age with rational thought.
    Hmmm...that's a pretty irrational statement there, son.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    I don't care if they got arrested "wrongly," just glad to see they did! And I hope there really is an actual, legal, constitutional "law," "ordinance" or whatever you want to call it on the books.

If..... the jury's still out on what policy or law may be in question, this whole debate is just so much mental masturbation at this point.
    OK C&L call me Captain Obvious but you are totally blowing off and missing the point here, and that is the Detroit police made up a law, then acted upon it, bottom line is the police cannot be allowed to make law, interpret law, or be allowed to act outside the law as they feel the need, and that folks is a criminal act punishable if the offended chose to and need to do so.....that is unless you support Nazi Germany style law enforcement....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

No, it's not obvious. And why do I have a feeling that these guys were asked to leave and then were arrested for trespassing after not vacating the premises?
    and the point here is it was a so called public festival, on public land, and a permit to set up a few carnival rides in no way gives them exclusive use of public lands or in this case a road paid for by the taxpayers, so there can be no trespass criminal or otherwise, again the police abusing their authority.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    It has been obvious for some time...
    What is "obvious" to you is merely your own self-delusion.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    ...the reason any Christian goes to any infidel with the good news of Jesus Christ is because the word of God tells us to.
    Or to start trouble, maybe?
    "I was just following orders..."
    Nevermind scripture. Sounds to me more like another excerpt from the book of "famous last words."

George Carlin - "Religion is ********."
    Ya think?

Now we'll have the bible thumpers chiming in: Oh ignore him, he's already in Hell, yada, yada. The end times are near! Repent! Blasphemy!

Yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Or to start trouble, maybe?
    "I was just following orders..."
    Nevermind scripture. Sounds to me more like another excerpt from the book of "famous last words."
    No the guy has a cause, and a good and just one at that, You do not and chose to criticize those who do. You can feel free to deny GOD but I do not, in my numerous years I've seen and been witness to way too many things to believe otherwise, and unlike the with Mohamed, no drugs or booze was involved.

So how about BOT!!! Detroit city PD police overstepped their authority to appease an left wing nut case religious group that is well known for their terrorist activity's, child abuse, woman abuse, and intolerance of others not of their faith to the point of beheading them publicly....

Your hero? I have heard that foul mouth fool. Carlin is B.S. He was ignorant enough to think it made him funny to be profane. His vulgarity was reviled only by his stupidity. That fool started out as a mundane radio personality in Fort Worth. He has now gone on to his just reward. Bet he is not laughing now. If this loser or others like him is where you get your ideology from I feel sorry for you but it explains a lot.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

10. Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Your hero? I have heard that foul mouth fool. Carlin is B.S. He was ignorant enough to think it made him funny to be profane. His vulgarity was reviled only by his stupidity. That fool started out as a mundane radio personality in Fort Worth. He has now gone on to his just reward. Bet he is not laughing now.
    He got old. People die. That's life.

You should really ask yourself some questions about your religion:
    1) Why does religion need money? It's just the message that's important, right? If your message was so great, wouldn't you think it would spread on its own to every human in the world without elaborate edifices?

2) If God loves us, why would he allow us to suffer for all eternity? Even the most horrible people of all time like Stalin and Hitler don't deserve an eternity of torture. Do you even fathom what eternity is? Don't you think it's a little extreme to send someone to torture for all eternity for being human?

3) How does "accepting Jesus Christ" somehow make you saved from the fiery depths of hell? Is there some supernatural element to it? I don't see how believing in Jesus Christ's divinity could somehow magically make you more eligible for paradise.

4) If God is omniscient and knows your every thought, why waste time praying?

5) If everything is God's will, why bother praying to him asking for things? He's going to do what he pleases anyway.

6) Why is God so violent and radical in the Old Testament and then loving in the New Testament? That's a complete 180.

7) Why were the Jews "God's chosen people" for so long if we were all created by God and he loves all of us.

8) Did you know that there were books from the Bible taken out in the 4th Century so that the Church could mask anything making Jesus appear human? Doesn't it seem funny that they wouldn't be able to sell their lies and make billions if they hadn't done this?

So who's ignorant? Someone who pays a tenth of their income to a non-taxed organization or someone who sees the lies and deceit the Church has played out for years?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    ...to the point of beheading them publicly...
    Yeah Saudi Arabia still does alot of public executions. I hear the crime rate is really low. Maybe still a thing or two we could learn from the Muslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Bet he is not laughing now.
    You'd win that one for sure. Dead people don't laugh or do much of anything, for that matter.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast