Troll Management - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 79

Thread: Troll Management

  1. #61
    It would seem that the anti God trolls are at it again. I can't see most of their comments unless someone quotes them in a reply. I finally came to the point of understanding that these God haters show up for one reason and one reason only and that is to bash Christianity. Each of you will have to do as your conscience leads but I think you will eventually come to the conclusion that the only way to deal with them is to place them on the permanent ignore list. You can't reason with them and if you allow them to bait you into an argument it could just lead to having Luke ban you. Just pay them no attention and let Luke deal with them as he sees fit.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  2.   
  3. Honestly, it's all a non-issue if the threads are kept in their proper sub-forums. The "General Firearms" and "Open/Concealed Carry" sub-forums should be kept with exactly what they're about: firearms and firearm carry. If you're spouting personal beliefs beyond carry and firearms in those forums, then you're in the wrong place. People should have a right to express their beliefs in the "Politics, Off Topic, etc." forums. If reading those kinds of things offends you, then stay out of them. The "Second Amendment" sub-forum gets a little trickier, but I don't think restricting free speech in there will do any good. Just keep it reasonable. Like it's one thing to express that gun control laws are a violation of "God-given rights" versus preaching gospel.

    Just my take on it.

  4. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bellingham, WA, USA
    Posts
    733

    Wink And here we go again....

    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    I wish it could be said that it is nice to be back.

    I see the same ole in-fighting continues.

    While I was away, I joined another site. It was, to put mildly, fresh air.

    Their were no religious postings. No postings regarding birthin babies, or Presidents with middle names of Hussein.

    No talk of driving down to the boarder, and shooting hispanics.

    No talk of politics, or religion permitted.

    No gay bashing.

    No cut and pasts for right, or left wing sites allowed.

    No Conspiracy wacko's allowed.

    No flaming to or from the friends of Jesus, or any of the other God words.

    Here are some of the rules from the site:
    General Rules:

    1. Although we have a number of other forums here, we are primarily focused on concealed carry. Threads and posts should be related to the individual forum's focus.

    2. While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts or PMs. Trolling, flaming, and personal attacks are strictly prohibited. You are welcome to disagree with opinions other than your own, but flaming other members will not be allowed. If you can't figure out how to compose a post without it being confrontational or a personal attack on someone, simply bite your lip
    and don't post it.


    6. We do not discriminate in regards to religion, race, creed, gender, sexual preference, or national origin, nor will we tolerate, on this forum, those that do. Racial, ethnic, or religious slurs appearing in posts will be removed.

    9. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly. For this reason, we prohibit these subjects in our discussions. We also discourage "caliber wars" and the virtues of "open carry" topic; strongly encouraging you to take these discussions to other forums where these topics are the focus.

    10. Discussion of illegal activities except in reporting the actions of others is not allowed. Discussion for the purpose of promoting these activities may subject the poster to being banned. Admission of illegal activity on your part will be removed or the poster will given the opportunity to edit their admission out of the post. Anyone quoting or referencing deleted or edited posts will have their posts edited/removed as well. In short, DO NOT use this forum to admit to breaking the law.

    IMO.
    Perhaps this could be a better site if some, if not all of these rules were incorporated into this site.
    Well, your forum philosophy seems to match your political philosophy; let's change what we have (forum, nation) and make it like that one over there!

    Look, if I wanted to live in a progressive socialists country, I would emigrate to Canada or Europe. If I wanted to be a part of this miraculously peaceful forum that you are touting, then I would spend my time THERE, and not HERE.

    I find that this forum suits me just fine. Most of the people that converse here, even when they disagree, are able to do so respectfully. It seems that, no matter which of the dozens of people I converse, the same three or four names pop up when we start talking about hateful, disrespectful speech. Unfortunately, IceMan, yours is one of those names. Does this not warrant just the tiniest amount of reflection or introspection on your part, or is it just that we are all hateful, stupid rednecks with such undeveloped intellects that we just don't "get it?"

    The same with my country: We are the ONLY republic like us in the world. I WANT this experiment in freedom and liberty to continue, even accelerate. You have the right as a citizen to want us to be more like the Europeans, but as a citizen of THIS country, you have an obligation to allow OTHERS their fair say. Your demeaning statements serve no one; they don't illuminate your point at all.

    Honestly, if you loved the other forum so much, why did you return here? Come on, tell the truth: You missed us, didn't you? IceMan loves us!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

  5. #64
    This thread should have been named "Troll Bait" because it has definitely caught every one of em!

    Many of the replies I can not see because, well, they are known trolls whom I have found lack an intelligent argument & intellectual honesty therefor I wont waste my time.

    Now we have a freshly unbanned individual & what does he do with his new found righteousness? He uses it to post about how wonderful another forum is & everything that is wrong with this one. And yet he still comes here.
    Does this not say a great deal about him???

  6. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    This thread should have been named "Troll Bait" because it has definitely caught every one of em!

    Many of the replies I can not see because, well, they are known trolls whom I have found lack an intelligent argument & intellectual honesty therefor I wont waste my time.

    Now we have a freshly unbanned individual & what does he do with his new found righteousness? He uses it to post about how wonderful another forum is & everything that is wrong with this one. And yet he still comes here.
    Does this not say a great deal about him???

    Absolutely.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  7. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429

    Private message received 10JUL10

    Good morning.

    First off, welcome back. I was sorry to see you banned in the first place; while you often disagreed with the self-proclaimed "Christian patriots" on this site, I never saw you sinking to their level. (Not that all of them are jerks, or even unpleasant to talk to, but man... that handful that do speak up regularly sure do make a lot of noise.)

    You mentioned in this post you had found another site which you enjoyed, a site which lacked the heavy religious overtones USA Carry's forums sometimes suffer from. Would you be willing to share that site's URL with me?

    Right now, visiting USA Carry's forums is on again, off again for me. I can only take so much of the right-wing zealots posting their same old crap in every thread. I find myself having to refrain from posting in many threads, for fear of becoming involved in what usually degenerates into finger pointing and calling people "trolls." (In the words of Inigo Montoya in The Princess Bride, "I do not think that word means what you think it means.") I've tried a few other sites but have yet to find one near as active as USA Carry but lacking the Christian-heavy discussions.

    Any input you can provide would be appreciated.

    Thanks, and have a great weekend!

    *(senders name withheld)

  8. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    ...God haters show up for one reason and one reason only and that is to bash Christianity.
    How can you hate that which does not exist? Well, for me at least.

    No, I came here for firearms, period, end of sentence. But it soon became apparent there was a big element of radical nonsense which basically included your extreme right wing FUD spreaders mixed in with a good dose of Christian bigotry. Often all in the same thread.

    I can't condone it, and I won't stand for it. That's just me. I will point out the FUD anywhere. If the religious spew is confined to self-contained Jesus topics, I'll leave it alone. Unfortunately, FUD exposure often leads to them returning with Jesus on their side to slay the "troll." It's ridiculous and I don't care for it, so I guess you'll just have deal with me.

    Sorry 'bout that.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    It would seem that the anti God trolls are at it again. I can't see most of their comments unless someone quotes them in a reply. I finally came to the point of understanding that these God haters show up for one reason and one reason only and that is to bash Christianity. Each of you will have to do as your conscience leads but I think you will eventually come to the conclusion that the only way to deal with them is to place them on the permanent ignore list. You can't reason with them and if you allow them to bait you into an argument it could just lead to having Luke ban you. Just pay them no attention and let Luke deal with them as he sees fit.
    Just "turn the other cheek," my friend.

  10. #69
    mojo Guest
    I dont get it why someone gets thrown off the list and then when allowed to come back starts the same old crap all over again and wonders why they were thrown off in the first place. my personal opinon on this one is permanent removal as they obviosly have only one agenda, to create disent and didnt learn anything the first time removed.Like I said, just my opinion. btw...........if that other place is so damned nice, pitch yer tent there and stay.

  11. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    I dont get it why someone gets thrown off the list and then when allowed to come back starts the same old crap all over again and wonders why they were thrown off in the first place. my personal opinon on this one is permanent removal as they obviosly have only one agenda, to create disent and didnt learn anything the first time removed.Like I said, just my opinion. btw...........if that other place is so damned nice, pitch yer tent there and stay.

    Yes it kind of makes their true colors obvious.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Troll Alert!
    By HK4U in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-02-2010, 08:57 PM
  2. Sicilian Stress Management
    By ralphtwo in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 10:39 PM
  3. Tea Party slams Palin!!!
    By ricardo900 in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 10:59 AM
  4. Anger management for when you have a bad day
    By FN1910 in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-20-2009, 11:47 AM
  5. Who will vote for these clowns
    By jwtollett21 in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-20-2008, 09:48 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast