Troll Management
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Troll Management

Troll Management

We've had troll issues in the past wherein several trolls have managed to get themselves banned from the site. Currently, we still have an active troll who, I'm convinced, just visits the site to antagonize people. While I don't mind good healthy argument, and have even conceded a point now and then, I don't care for squabbling over the net like a bunch of little kids.

I think: a) we should not be pestering Lukem and Amdude about this; and b) we should develop our own "troll management scenario". My proposal is twofold. If you can, just ignore them. Some of us, including me, find that hard to do since they can piss you off to no end. If you can, great. If you really want to respond to their bullsh#t, then talk around them. Don't respond to them directly, but reference another poster with your response to the troll's post. I'm thinking that when they are either totally ignored, or never responded to directly, they'll eventually get tired of their little games and depart the site. Hope so, anyway.

We have important issues before us, in this country, as regards all of our Constitutional rights, and I'm only interested in discussing them with folks who can respond in thoughtful, adult, fashion. Just me.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

I have no trouble using the "New Post" Link and checking Who had the last Post. I will skip a Thread with a last post by a "Troll" who is also on my Ignore List and when I get caught Up, Under the Quick Link Menu, Mark Forum Read.

I am here to learn, and meet new friends with the same values about Sidearms. LukeM has more than fulfilled his obligation to those means. I have also learned that Florida and Ohio have the best soil for growing All kinds of weapons. I have met with 4 others and am looking forward to meeting more people to built friendships that will carry me thru till I make my transition to heaven.

The Good in this Site does Outweigh the "Troll" or two.
    Semper Fi

Yeah, some of those peckerwoods can be really annoying.

I agree. I have a couple of what I would term career trolls on the ignore list. The more of us that do that the less they will be able to annoy others. Pretty soon having no one that can even see the trash they post and no one to respond to it perhaps they will leave and crawl back under the rock they came out of. None of us will ever agree 100% with everyone else and I am willing to give others a chance even though I do not always agree but when the pattern becomes clear that they are not interested in sharing information but are only and inciter then it is time for the troll list. I will not name any names, you trolls know who you are.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

6. I agree. The trolls are getting out of hand. Like I'm in this one thread asking legitimate questions about Christianity and expressing my thoughts on an issue, and people are calling me names because I don't agree with their views. Name-calling and personal attacks shouldn't be tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    I agree. The trolls are getting out of hand. Like I'm in this one thread asking legitimate questions about Christianity and expressing my thoughts on an issue, and people are calling me names because I don't agree with their views. Name-calling and personal attacks shouldn't be tolerated.
    Agreed..
    Semper Fi

I think we should just add the below sign to the home page. When trolls see it they will know this is a troll free zone and stay out. I mean the no gun signs work great at creating gun free zones..... right?!?!

"When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    I agree. The trolls are getting out of hand. Like I'm in this one thread asking legitimate questions about Christianity and expressing my thoughts on an issue, and people are calling me names because I don't agree with their views. Name-calling and personal attacks shouldn't be tolerated.
    Are you referring to the post where you and George Carlin called my faith "********"?

Look, son, you catch a lot more flies with honey than vinegar, take it from an old adult (most of whom you consider "idiots", remember?). If you want to be taken seriously and participate in legitimate discussion, you're best advised to lose the shrill diatribes first. I don't expect anyone to agree with everything I say, in fact, you can disagree with all that I say, and I'm fine with it. But, if you lead, basically, with "anyone who is a Christian is an imbecile", then you look foolish and I, and others, get our backs up.

So, welcome to the site, and I hope you can grow to appreciate all the Patriots on the site, including the Christians.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

10. Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Are you referring to the post where you and George Carlin called my faith "********"?

Look, son, you catch a lot more flies with honey than vinegar, take it from an adult (most of whom you consider "idiots", remember?). If you want to be taken seriously and participate in legitimate discussion, you're best advised to lose the shrill diatribes first. I don't expect anyone to agree with everything I say, in fact, you can disagree with all that I say, and I'm fine with it. But, if you lead, basically, with "anyone who is a Christian is an imbecile", then you look foolish and I, and others, get our backs up.

So, welcome to the site, and I hope you can grow to appreciate all the Patriots on the site, including the Christians.
    No, I was referring to my questions about Christianity and the things about it that make no sense to me, and my question about why no one else seems to think it's weird to go to an Arab festival and not expect trouble when you preach fire and brimstone. Yes, I do believe that Christianity is "********" and that most people older than me don't have a clue about how the real world works, but these were statements, not personal attacks. From thereon, you and everyone else in the thread began calling me a troll. That's what I call "name-calling" and is a little immature. It would be different if you said you thought my ideas were "********" in return.

Comprende?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast