Bye, all - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye, all

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!

Hope I never get so mad that I don't take time to look for something a bit more user friendly than a cactus to grab.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!
    Very nice!!! I am going to have to add that to my aresenal of photos!

Ok, let's try this again. Wooddoctor is probably right in that I put Luke on the defensive with this thread, and probably should have spared you all the "drama".

As I explained to Luke, I have made many friends on this site, thanks to him, and my post was intended to sound something along the lines of "Ok, I'm catching a lot of flak from site admins, so I should probably cool my jets for awhile", instead of just disappearing from the site.

For the record, the post in question was meant in a general, SHTF sense. However, it was in poor taste, Luke was correct in how he handled it, and I apologize to him and Cocked & Locked. As I explained to Luke, I am one of the most peace-loving guys I know and have actively interceded to prevent violence on a number of occasions. I am forceful in my opinions, however.

Finally, I'm an older guy, new to this web-posting jazz, and am taken aback frequently with how people address one another thru the Net. I was raised to be respectful by my Dad (it was "yes sir", "no sir", and a swat to the back of your head if you didin't) and have spent a number of years in MC's where respect is the order of the day. Not an excuse for me losing my temper, just an explanation. I guess I'll have to get used to this internet personal exchange protocol, where respect is not always at the forefront.

Again, sorry for dragging out this little drama (even yet).

As I said, it's a great site, and I intend to continue supporting it.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Listen, it has nothing to do with fitting any kind of mold and no one is pulling any strings but me. When I get constant complaints that just waste my time, its pretty aggravating. Some of you just get so bent out of shape you post things that are against my site rules. Telling someone they can't wait to meet them and their puke friend could be looked at as a threat. So I deleted the message and sent a warning not to post things like that. You think THAT is too harsh? Did I ban him, no? I asked not to post things like that. JJFlash is a site supporter and I hate to see someone leave just because I asked him not to post something that could be taken as a threat.

Remember, this is just an internet forum. If you are getting so bend out of shape over what someone else POSTED maybe you need to step away and take a break from the computer.

Keep in mind that many of our posts are readily found via search engines like "Google". Having questionable stuff floating around on the internet could have a negative impact on our efforts to further the 2A cause. Our postings are not "private", so it would be very easy for folks to quote us and possibly use it against us by spinning it to fit their needs.

I refrain from posting in many threads as my comments would be counter productive and may be on the edge of violating forum rules. As much as possible, I PM folks for clarification when necessary, but not everyone is willing to do this.

Sometimes I find it refreshing to take a few days and go "off grid", not checking voicemails on my cell phone or even booting up the computer. It's very relaxing for me, and is something I found that works for me. How you choose to respond is up to you, but keep in mind that there may be consequences. It's important to proof read your posts and consider how others may interpret them BEFORE hitting the "send" button.

Taking a break for a few days may be all that's needed to gather your thoughts and come up with a well thought out response.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

JJ, when you have a moment call...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Reminds me of summertime in Los Angeles.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Ok, let's try this again.

Finally, I'm an older guy, new to this web-posting jazz, and am taken aback frequently with how people address one another thru the Net. I was raised to be respectful by my Dad (it was "yes sir", "no sir", and a swat to the back of your head if you didin't) and have spent a number of years in MC's where respect is the order of the day. Not an excuse for me losing my temper, just an explanation. I guess I'll have to get used to this internet personal exchange protocol, where respect is not always at the forefront.

Again, sorry for dragging out this little drama (even yet).

As I said, it's a great site, and I intend to continue supporting it.
    Well Flash, as you know I'm politically incorrect. Like you, I call a spade a spade, if the shoe fits, wear it. I was raised to be respectful just like you. However, I was taught to give that respect only if that respect were due. We've had to deal with punks all our lives, a lot of them were drunks who got their guts out of a bottle and were in our face literally. The difference today is that the punks are hiding behind a computer in the safety of their homes, spewing their hatred and exposing their ignorance. The new America Flash, and they wonder why it's all going to hell. I agree it's a great site, and lukem is fair. On a strictly personal level, I agree with what you said about the punks, just to bad it went against protocol the way you said it.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Enough said..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

10. Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Look what happen to the iceman, he did not fit into the mainstream mold on this forum so they took him out. Just like the NRA the old double standard. Tell me where it says anywhere that you have a right not to be offended. I still beleive there are a few here that are puling the strings aqnd poor Luke looks like the bad guy and when you offend the wrong person old luke gets the pressure.
    I agree completely! Iceman did not fit into the mold of being respectful and having cordial exchages with fellow members of the site.

I suppose a bunch of us here on the site need to develop a bit more tolerance for such arrogance and disrespect and expand the form of the mold to include these antagonizers.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by kn1080 View Post
    I agree completely! Iceman did not fit into the mold of being respectful and having cordial exchages with fellow members of the site.

I suppose a bunch of us here on the site need to develop a bit more tolerance for such arrogance and disrespect and expand the form of the mold to include these antagonizers.
    Or just add them to the ignore list and go on.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast