Bye, all - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Bye, all

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanbanned View Post
    Hello everyone.
    To set the record straight Luke. I was never warned.
    Before I was banned, I said something to the effect of "why don't we get rid of the ultra religious, and conspiracy talk, and this would be a better site.

IMO, I disagreed with the the conspiracy theorists, and the ultra religious members to often. "They wined to the site admin. He was tired of dealing with their complaints. So the easy thing to do was to get rid of me.

I always said this is a great site, and still think that.

If, I offended anyone while I was here, please don't take it personal. I was addressing the topic, not the person.

JJ, IMO, you are a real man. We had a difference of opinion, and we settled it like men.

Some of you need to look up to JJ.

To those of you who sent me emails of support, thank you. For those of you who wrote bad things about me, you are forgiven.

Take care all.

Sincerly,
    THEICEMANMPLS
    As I said, I don't remember the specifics. I'm willing to unban your other account if you are willing to stick by the rules. Which includes flaming with people just to get a reaction out of them.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

3. To: name withheld.

Thank you for you kind remarks.

I think the admin was tired of the emails from the people I often disagreed with.
    I didn't bother sending the admin anything when someone got stupid.

Squeaky wheels get greased.

I was very careful not to violate any of the site rules. Now, I admit, I may of pushed some of them once in a while.

I didn't understand why some of the members were allowed, to name call, threaten, and even set up witch hunt threads against me.

Perhaps they sent the admin money? Perhaps the admin shares their religious and or political views?

I think this is a great site. I would support it, but, 2 years of unemployment, makes it hard. Lets see, buy two boxes of ammo, or send Luke $25? That is a no brainier.

I am think about returning, but will not with conditions.

I will attempt to obey the rules of the site. I will not be singled out.

If Luke wants people to respect the rules, he needs to enforce them equally.

I was banned with no warning. I think that was a shitty deal. However, this is Luke's site, and he can do what ever he wants.

Thank you again for your kind words of support.

I am posting this message, but leaving your name out of it.

Those in favor, or those opposed, of THEICEMANMPLS returning, please comment.

THEICEMANMPLS

I have just unbanned your original username. And I'm not giving you conditions, I'm just telling you to obey the rules. No one sent me money to ban you. I have said this a million times:

I DO NOT READ EVERY POST. I ONLY RESPOND TO WARNING PEOPLE SEND ME.

So if you are saying some members are allowed to do this, point them out to me and I'll take care of it.

Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

5. Thanks Luke, I respect your reconsideration with the Iceman. I was hesitant making any donations to this site before. You have restored my faith that your efforts of maintaining a quality forum deserves all of our support. I wish to provide financial support; however, I still have some reserves. My main concern is the consistency of fairness. Luke, I know you are fair individual, i am referring to others here. I know that the iceman has ruffled some feathers, particularly when the topic of religion was discussed. My only response to those who may have been offended by anything the ice man has wrote about religion, should be, maybe there is some question as to how strong your faith is. I don’t care if anybody questions my faith, you will not get a rise out of me and you certainly will not put me on the defensive. Like I said before, the iceman has made quality contributions and insight and I respect his position as well. JJ thanks for all your input we can all learn from your wisdom. Bill
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    I have just unbanned your original username. And I'm not giving you conditions, I'm just telling you to obey the rules. No one sent me money to ban you. I have said this a million times:

I DO NOT READ EVERY POST. I ONLY RESPOND TO WARNING PEOPLE SEND ME.

So if you are saying some members are allowed to do this, point them out to me and I'll take care of it.
    It has appeared --to me -- that there is a distinct and approved double standard about insults and hostility in posts on this forum. I will report posts in the future and see how it goes.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    It has appeared --to me -- that there is a distinct and approved double standard about insults and hostility in posts on this forum. I will report posts in the future and see how it goes.
    How do you write a post after I just said I don't side with anyone. Did you even read it? Are you just trying to stir the pot even more? How else can I say this but I DON'T TAKE ANYONES SIDE ON THE SIDE.

Does anyone notice that I hardly post on the site myself??? That's because I don't want to come off as siding with a certain group of people. Yes, I have my own opinions but I don't let them bleed onto the side as I don't want to come off as trying to push people in a certain direction. I just want to provide the best concealed carry site/forums that I can by keeping the information as up to date as I can (which I do all myself) and having a good forum where people can post. When people start flaming back and forth that is when I get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    How do you write a post after I just said I don't side with anyone. Did you even read it? Are you just trying to stir the pot even more? How else can I say this but I DON'T TAKE ANYONES SIDE ON THE SIDE.
    I wasn't taking sides--go back and check on how many times I've flagged posts or complained about others. I stated what my observation has been. I'm going to accept your post at face value and report things I consider inappropriate.
    Does anyone notice that I hardly post on the site myself???
    I remember you used to post more often than currently. I had wondered if you didn't wish to get involved with some of the rancor and 'piling on' that occurs.
    That's because I don't want to come off as siding with a certain group of people. Yes, I have my own opinions but I don't let them bleed onto the side as I don't want to come off as trying to push people in a certain direction. I just want to provide the best concealed carry site/forums that I can by keeping the information as up to date as I can (which I do all myself) and having a good forum where people can post. When people start flaming back and forth that is when I get involved.
    There was a time I believed this was likely to become the 'best concealed carry site/forum...' available.

I still hope it might become that someday.

(I might recommend that the 'ignore' button be disabled. It seems to provide a jumping off point to criticize others and brag about intolerance.)
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

I was told I should have "thicker skin" after I got "un"banned and started reporting all the personal attacks on me.

Too bad everyone can't just live and let live. Or maybe, post and let post.

Luke does an outstanding job running this site. One thing some seem to forget is that this is his house and, even though we're invited here, he sets the rules. Although I have never complained about an individual I do understand why some are looked at to be banned. Discussions get heated enough at times and taking personal jabs at those you disagree with doesn't help. If everyone would try and stick to the issues and present their side with corroborating documentation things would go much smoother. Even I have been known to change my mind when given enough reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    I was told I should have "thicker skin" after I got "un"banned and started reporting all the personal attacks on me.
    Too bad everyone can't just live and let live. Or maybe, post and let post.
    I've got my boots on, now if I can find my violin...
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast