Calling ALL CHRISTIANS... - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 69

Thread: Calling ALL CHRISTIANS...

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    3,098

    Exclamation welcome aboard!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by DocCurt View Post
    Just joined. It would be nice if atheists and other nasty critics would stay away.
    Please feel free to help lead our God Guns and Guts Social group. Your input as a pastor is much welcomed!!!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Idaho
    Posts
    265
    Thanks for doing this Festus....joined a few minutes ago

  4. #13
    mojo Guest
    Although I agree with this 99% there is that 1% that says we have just handed those that wish to silence us in public a victory.
    I know Luke is being fair and is I'm sure putting up with a lot of crap from the private messages he must be getting...........however, and I will join the social group, this is how I see it. This thread is in the "off topic" it allows for basically *anything*, and the other warns of strong opinions and is very clear about that. As was stated in here not too long ago by one who got into it, they disapproved of the title of the thread because it had GOD in it. Heres the correct answer DONT GO INTO THAT THREAD!!!!!! PERIOD!! If you do you are responsible for any thing that results. If a Christian is defending themsleves and our beliefs and you dont like it get out of the thread. This is exactly what the liberals in here want to happen..... they want us to be made out to be the instigators when it is clear that from the get-go that is thier only goal. This is how they operate, in general society, force you to stop dispalying our faith in public, force a retreat to the churches and our homes, then the next step is to stop it all period, even in our homes. this situation, stop them from being able to post in the regular forum and retreat to a special group, next step, join that group and complain to Luke and stop any mention of God and Christianity alltogether.
    I think your advice is good Festus, but I have to disagree with the reason behind it.s

  5. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    Although I agree with this 99% there is that 1% that says we have just handed those that wish to silence us in public a victory.
    I know Luke is being fair and is I'm sure putting up with a lot of crap from the private messages he must be getting...........however, and I will join the social group, this is how I see it. This thread is in the "off topic" it allows for basically *anything*, and the other warns of strong opinions and is very clear about that. As was stated in here not too long ago by one who got into it, they disapproved of the title of the thread because it had GOD in it. Heres the correct answer DONT GO INTO THAT THREAD!!!!!! PERIOD!! If you do you are responsible for any thing that results. If a Christian is defending themsleves and our beliefs and you dont like it get out of the thread. This is exactly what the liberals in here want to happen..... they want us to be made out to be the instigators when it is clear that from the get-go that is thier only goal. This is how they operate, in general society, force you to stop dispalying our faith in public, force a retreat to the churches and our homes, then the next step is to stop it all period, even in our homes. this situation, stop them from being able to post in the regular forum and retreat to a special group, next step, join that group and complain to Luke and stop any mention of God and Christianity alltogether.
    I think your advice is good Festus, but I have to disagree with the reason behind it.s
    +1 Here here!
    Well said Mojo!

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in Western Pennsylvania
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by DocCurt View Post
    Just joined. It would be nice if atheists and other nasty critics would stay away.
    Good Luck. I am on a few sites that are Faith Based and those that don't like God being mention FLAME all the time.
    My ignore list is way greater on those sites then on my 2nd amendment sites.
    I don't want anyone to stay away. Just to be civil and not make personal comments about others beliefs.
    It does not just cause nasty remarks about Christians. Many cases it is Catholic bashing also.
    We should all feel free to state our beliefs without bashing others lack of beliefs.

  7. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by DocCurt View Post
    Just joined. It would be nice if atheists and other nasty critics would stay away.
    Problem is, any group like this attracts ahteists, and such like moths to a flame.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    3,098

    Exclamation Point well taken

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    Problem is, any group like this attracts ahteists, and such like moths to a flame.
    You are correct sir. Although it will not be a debate without differing points of view
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

  9. Wow, you guys are taking the Internet way too seriously.

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Battle Creek Mi
    Posts
    1,853
    I will defend the right of the Atheist to be just that, just as it is our right to be Christians, but when they get rude, abusive, and throw insults about like confetti at a new years party, sorry but I just have to put that person in their place.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Idaho
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    I will defend the right of the Atheist to be just that, just as it is our right to be Christians, but when they get rude, abusive, and throw insults about like confetti at a new years party, sorry but I just have to put that person in their place.....

    I agree Sheldon...many times I didn't feel like there was any "discussion", it was an all out attack on my Christian beleifs. I also agree with Mojo's post.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Arrested for Being Christians in America?
    By Boomer in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 147
    Last Post: 07-04-2010, 11:42 AM
  2. Christians United for Israel website
    By Conservative Wife & Mom in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-10-2010, 04:48 AM
  3. Do christians have a right to self defense?
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-18-2010, 05:35 AM
  4. Calling Obama Socialist Is Code For N-Word
    By HK4U in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-13-2009, 08:35 AM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-13-2009, 10:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast