The Myth of the Satanic Community - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Myth of the Satanic Community

How exactly does this "tax dodge" work? You don't mean donating a $1.00 to charity in order to get a .25 cent tax break, do you?
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    Soooooo... Are you both denying that within the ranks of even American Christians there are, in fact, not lots of Christian$ only in it for the tax dodge?

There have been enough blankets being thrown around to restock a Las Vegas hotel. Maybe if Christians don't like them being thrown their way, they shouldn't try to wrap others in them either.
    There are those that "call" themselves Christians that do that but there are plenty of churches that don't. You may want to paint all churches and all Christians with that broad brush but not me. As I have said I know plenty of churches that have done a lot better with the money voluntarily given to them than what the Marxists in control of our country do with the money forcefully taken from taxpayers.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    There are those that "call" themselves Christians that do that but there are plenty of churches that don't. You may want to paint all churches and all Christians with that broad brush but not me. As I have said I know plenty of churches that have done a lot better with the money voluntarily given to them than what the Marxists in control of our country do with the money forcefully taken from taxpayers.
    +1 Amen...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

JJFlash: Ask Sheldon. He's the one who broached the subject of organized religion as a tax dodge.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

JJFlash: Ask Sheldon. He's the one who broached the subject of organized religion as a tax dodge.
    I didn't ask anyone, in particular. It's one of those "hot button" phrases often used by people who want to excoriate legitmate churches. IMO, it's usually a poorly-understood concept.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

7. Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    Soooooo... Are you both denying that within the ranks of even American Christians there are, in fact, not lots of Christian$ only in it for the tax dodge?

There have been enough blankets being thrown around to restock a Las Vegas hotel. Maybe if Christians don't like them being thrown their way, they shouldn't try to wrap others in them either.
    Maybe you should spend more time worrying about your own salvation than what other people do before their God. We shall all stand before the Lord Jesus Christ and give account for everything we have done in our body, whether good or bad. Abraham refused to take any money or reward from the king of Sodom. III John sums it up quite well:

III John 1:7 Because that for his name's sake they went forth, taking nothing of the Gentiles.

I have long since given up claiming my tithes and offerings on my income tax understanding that the government views tax deductions as a subsidy. I would further point out that even though I don't personally believe we should claim the tax deduction because that is the hold that the government now has over the church with the tax exempt status, it is not in the least a tax dodge as you suggest since you only get back up to 33 cents to the dollar. It is real money out of pocket with only a small subsidy in return.

I would advise you to start to focus on all of the money that you are robbing from God since you obviously do not personally tithe to a church yourself. Don't worry about any one else and what we do or don't do, we won't be their to hear your accusations against us. It will just be you and the Lord going over all your deeds and actions you whole life. I would further suggest that there will be plenty of sins on your part for God to look at and judge all by yourself. Good luck.

I was referring to the guys that start a religion, satanic or otherwise and deduct all of their income in order to avoid paying any taxes, and this scam goes back a few years when a bunch of guys decided to declare their home a church, and their income tax free, yeah they got caught, they never had set foot in a real church, and had to pay big fines, but now you get the space alien group, the satanic group, and how much money are they squiring away under the guise of their so called religion...

N yep that ratio is about correct for every dollar I give I get about 25 cents back which I have to claim as income on next years tax retrun....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    III John 1:7 Because that for his name's sake they went forth, taking nothing of the Gentiles..
    Hey, no Bible verses in a Satanic thread. This is unholy ground. I'll counter that with a verse from the Satanic Bible.

"There is no heaven of glory bright, and no hell where sinners roast. Here and now is our day of torment! Here and now is our day of joy! Here and now is our opportunity! Choose ye this day, this hour, for no redeemer liveth!" [ The Satanic Bible: The Book of Satan IV:2 ]

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    Hey, no Bible verses in a Satanic thread. This is unholy ground. I'll counter that with a verse from the Satanic Bible.

"There is no heaven of glory bright, and no hell where sinners roast. Here and now is our day of torment! Here and now is our day of joy! Here and now is our opportunity! Choose ye this day, this hour, for no redeemer liveth!" [ The Satanic Bible: The Book of Satan IV:2 ]
    Careful the Wikens are watching.......
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

I know I promised to stay out of the off-topic religious discussion, but this appeard to be non-Christian so I figured why not have a peek. Wow. Where do they come from?

Just a couple observations:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    ...focus on all of the money that you are robbing from God ...

and...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Careful the Wikens are watching.......
    Where'd you learn to spell Wiccans?

Seriously, why the heck can't they mind their own business? I suppose the thread title was the "bait," or as CWM likes to call them the "grabber."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast