OK I'm Officially offended... - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: OK I'm Officially offended...

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pewbs View Post
    I think its funny that everyone is giving these people gripe about inegrating a little Spanish into America. After all, we are the land of freedom and opportunity. I guarantee over 80% of the people on this forum had their ancestors come from foreign countries during the depression and not know a lick of English. No one here is really a bonafide AMERICAN. You are not forced to speak Spanish so what is the point of putting a racist undertone into a thread about being offended by a letter sent to you in Spanish? Sounds childish and close-minded to me.
    Let's see. My family settled near the town of New Amsterdam sometime in th 16th century. Later, some relative sold land to the Boone family in an area called the Cumberland Gap. I had more relatives in Arizona when it became a Territory. I think I qualify.

3. Thread de-railed... suggest restart if worthwhile.

Yah know there PEWBS the point is not that a bunch of people came here years ago, many with little or no English skills, the point is they made the effort to learn the language, did not demand we teach their kids in using their language in school, did not expect government informations pamphlets be printed in their native tongue, did not hold out their hand expecting free stuff, did not march and disrespect the American flag, did not sneak into the country like a thief in the night....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456