Is it tin hat time... - Page 11
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it tin hat time...

Looks like brokeback grandpas by the way the one in the corner is gazing intently up.

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    HOWDY!!!!

Peace... All Ya'll
    Hey wait a minute. I thought only us Texans said Ya'll. I thought when you get as far north as you reside from it was uz guys.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Looks like brokeback grandpas by the way the one in the corner is gazing intently up.
    He looks like he could of been in the navy.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Some of the zeallot relgious conservative crowd actually put up meaningful, and useful postings on subjects such as firearms, and firearm carry.
    To put them on ignore, would be silencing a great source of firearms knowledge.

There are a few who are only here to push their political, and or religous adgenda. There is even one person who is openly trolling.
    If you want me to name names, I will do so in a private message.

Why do those people have to be here, and only cause conflict is something that the site admin needs to address.

If it were me, I would start locking down any religioius or poltical thread. All except 2nd Amendment topcis.
    Elimanate, or isolate these threads.
    It is these threads that cause conflilct.
    Several other gun related sites have removed those topics completly.

The site admin is the final authority regarding content of this site.

I think your advice of ignoring irratating postings is a good.

I am now debating how to do so.
    "It is these threads that cause conflict" is like saying "it is these guns that cause murder" or "it is this legislation that caused people to buy homes they could not afford" or any other "i am not responsible" claim made far too often nowadays. The conflict, and the reasons behind it, are evident in this entire thread. No one is even talking about the original post and unless I missed it, the OP has not responded yet. Could be wrong on that note, however. Did not think to look before I posted this. Everyone on this thread should go back to the original post and ask themselves "how did I contribute to where this post is now, with everyone insulting each other". I personally am happy with the site as is, as far as topics go. All politics, religion, whatever, are ok in the debate. But I would bet people on other gun and non gun sites are watching this thread and laughing at this thread. All of which makes it harder to attract new members, which I assume we all want.
    Last edited by buddy; 07-20-2010 at 09:54 PM. Reason: poor typing

Of course, I mean we all want to get new members, not make it harder to get new members

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    I would have expected no less. Truly mature...

Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked:
    "Yes we certainly can agree on that. I don't expect you to grow up or ever recognize the folly of your ways."

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Hey wait a minute. I thought only us Texans said Ya'll. I thought when you get as far north as you reside from it was uz guys.
    Yea, I'm in the wrong part of the country. Trying to sway the wife to move south...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Yea, I'm in the wrong part of the country. Trying to sway the wife to move south...

Peace...
    Only thing is the farther south you get the hotter it gets. It gets hotter than all get out here in Texas and on days when the humiity is up it is really fun.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I feel your pain HK... I know it's hot where you are... I complain about the heat here but it doesn't touch the TX heat... We are expecting triple digit heat for the high on Thursday!! I am so ready for Fall to hurry up and get here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    I feel your pain HK... I know it's hot where you are... I complain about the heat here but it doesn't touch the TX heat... We are expecting triple digit heat for the high on Thursday!! I am so ready for Fall to hurry up and get here!!
    I live for October and November. It has been hot some, triple digits and a whole lot of 90's. No where close to a record summer here though. In in 1980 we had 69 days off triple digits with 42 in a row. To make matters worse we had a hail storm in May so in the middle of the heat wave, after getting off work I came home and put a roof on my house with the help of a friend. Not being to experience it took us four days. The only good thing was I was a young man then.

30 years later, North Texans remember great summer heat wave | Mom2MomDFW.com

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast