Is it tin hat time... - Page 12
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Is it tin hat time...

Hubby and I spent the entire Summer of 2009 near Waco, TX, at a campground. We got there on June 2nd and two days later the temps rose to triple digits. Except for two or three days, they remained over 100 for the remainder of our stay. To make matters worse, one week before our scheduled departure...we left on September 2nd, the main air conditioner went out in our motorhome. Although it tried very hard, the smaller bedroom a/c just couldn't keep up with the intense heat. We decided that, from now on, we'll go back to visit our son in Spring or Autumn. Summertime in Texas is just too hot, hot, hot.

Summer, 2010, really hasn't been much better in southeast Virginia. It started off hot, this year, sooner than normal. Temps for the past month have been in the 90's to 100+ and it's the humidity around here that's so unbearable. We have a heat advisory for today: temps in the 90's + humidity/dew point=Heat Index between 105 and 108! Gonna stay in the A/C today!
    Last edited by Conservative Wife & Mom; 07-21-2010 at 12:57 PM. Reason: additional info
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    Hubby and I spent the entire Summer of 2009 near Waco, TX, at a campground. We got there on June 2nd and two days later the temps rose to triple digits. Except for two or three days, they remained over 100 for the remainder of our stay. To make matters worse, one week before our scheduled departure...we left on September 2nd, the main air conditioner went out in our motorhome. Although it tried very hard, the smaller bedroom a/c just couldn't keep up with the intense heat. We decided that, from now on, we'll go back to visit our son in Spring or Autumn. Summertime in Texas is just too hot, hot, hot.

Summer, 2010, really hasn't been much better in southeast Virginia. It started off hot, this year, sooner than normal. Temps for the past month have been in the 90's to 100+ and it's the humidity around here that's so unbearable. We have a heat advisory for today: temps in the 90's + humidity/dew point=Heat Index between 105 and 108! Gonna stay in the A/C today!
    They say nation wide this has been one of the hottest summers on record. Al Gore will be starting up again.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I feel for you HK! I spent 2 very hot years in Dennison TX.
    Never argue with an idiot. First they drag you down to their level then they beat you with experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I feel for you HK! I spent 2 very hot years in Dennison TX.
    You all haven't been in Mi during one of our 90/90 weeks.... 90+ degrees 90% humidity.... you cannot even walk out to the shop with out feeling like you are about to succumb to heat stroke.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    You all haven't been in Mi during one of our 90/90 weeks.... 90+ degrees 90% humidity.... you cannot even walk out to the shop with out feeling like you are about to succumb to heat stroke.....
    That reminds me of the steam room at a health club I used to work out in.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I lived in New Orleans for 2 years in the mid-70's - that's 1970's, not 70's degree Fahrenheit.

My daughter just ended a 2 year stint in New Orleans and came away with the same impression of the weather as I had - it is possible to have 110% humidity 10 feet below sea level.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    That what was considered? The lies in the prisonplanet FUD?

Go to a responsible, credible source to read the text of the actual resolution. You will see it is nothing like what prisonplanet and the gypsy want you to believe.
    Where do you get your information? Do you go to sites that follow your interest or preconceived beliefs? I good citizen should go to as many sources as possible and research what they find to find the truth. They should not be suggestion that "we change history" or get together and distract others so they won't look for the truth. Blind ambition is just that it is blind. As someone I greatly admire said "don't be so open minded that your brains fall out".

PRO-LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. HOLY BIBLE]

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    That reminds me of the steam room at a health club I used to work out in.
    Yah know, steam rooms are a favorite meeting place for H.............

Quote Originally Posted by KathleenElsie View Post
    ...or get together and distract others so they won't look for the truth.
    You mean like is constantantly being done here by Festus, the gypsy and their ilk, with that incessant spewing of FUD from the right wing infotainment web sites?

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Yah know, steam rooms are a favorite meeting place for H.............
    Wow secrets of the H....... being posted for all to read... I bet you know lots of H............ Scerets.
    Nothing beats real world experience...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast