Is it tin hat time... - Page 8
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it tin hat time...

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    How about talking about guns?
    Want to talk about guns? Go to the gun threads, this is Off-Topic.
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Yeah, waaaay off topic. - completely off his rocker. Er, I mean off topic

handgonnetoter Guest
    Just trying to, in a joking way, diffuse an argumentative thread. Excuse the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Golly gee festus, people here engage in cyberbully activities? Say it isn't so.

May I ax what ethnic slurs?
    Gypsy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bohemianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have reviewed all of the postings.
    Definitions and straight history are one thing. Try reviewing this little essay to find the dots.

http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg08977.html

Ringo thinks he has them connected. I'm pretty sure the gypsy is just in love with the idea of the name.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Yeah, waaaay off topic. - completely off his rocker. Er, I mean off topic
    Cocked and Locked, I have to admit, you are most completely a tough guy!

Your out of order Ringo.

This is off topic.

Has anyone noticed the ones who are "cast adrift " have plenty of letters behind their names?

SCOTUS affirms 2A extends to all 50 States

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just heard on Fox News that the SCOTUS just handed down a decision that the 2A extends to all 50 States!

In its second major ruling on gun rights in three years, the Supreme Court Monday extended the federally protected right to keep and bear arms to all 50 states. The decision will be hailed by gun rights advocates and comes over the opposition of gun control groups, the city of Chicago and four justices.

Justice Samuel Alito wrote for the five justice majority saying "the right to keep and bear arms must be regarded as a substantive guarantee, not a prohibition that could be ignored so long as the States legislated in an evenhanded manner."

The ruling builds upon the Court's 2008 decision in D.C. v. Heller that invalidated the handgun ban in the nation's capital. More importantly, that decision held that the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms was a right the Founders specifically delegated to individuals. The justices affirmed that decision and extended its reach to the 50 states. Today's ruling also invalidates Chicago's handgun ban.

Backgrounder:

WASHINGTON -- The Supreme Court appears poised to issue a ruling that will expand to the states the high court's historic 2008 ruling that individuals have a federally protected right to keep and bear arms, following an hour-long argument Tuesday. If so, the decision would mark another hallmark victory for gun rights advocates and likely strike down Chicago's handgun ban that is similar to the Washington D.C. law already invalidated by the justices.

Tuesday's lively arguments featured lawyer Alan Gura, the same man who argued and won D.C. v. Heller in 2008. He now represents Otis McDonald who believes Chicago's handgun ban doesn't allow him to adequately protect himself. Gura argued the Heller decision which only applied to Washington D.C. and other areas of federal control should equally apply to Chicago and the rest of the country.

"In 1868, our nation made a promise to the McDonald family that they and their descendants would henceforth be American citizens, and with American citizenship came the guarantee enshrined in our Constitution that no State could make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of American citizenship," Gura told the Court.

He argued the language of the Constitution's 14th Amendment forces the states to protect the rights guaranteed by the Second Amendment. The Bill of Rights, which was adopted in the late 18th Century, was then commonly viewed as only offering protections from the federal government.

It wasn't until after the Civil War that the Supreme Court in a piecemeal fashion began to apply--or incorporate--parts of the Bill of Rights to the states. It has used the 14th Amendment's Due Process Clause to incorporate most of the Constitution's first amendments but has not yet done so for the Second Amendment. Gura argued that another part of the 14th Amendment would be a better vehicle for the justices to make their ruling but there didn't appear to be enough support from the bench on that front.

Chief Justice John Roberts was the most vocal advocate of using the Due Process Clause to extend the Second Amendment rights to the states. "I don't see how you can read -- I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

The discussion over "liberty" was a major philosophical theme of the arguments. Gura and National Rifle Association lawyer Paul Clement argued that the rights articulated in the Second Amendment are fundamental freedoms and would exist to all Americans even if there was no law specifically saying so.

James Feldman, lawyer for the City of Chicago, defended his city's handgun ban and argued why the Heller decision's Second Amendment guarantee doesn't comport with the view that it represents a vital protection of liberty that needs to be expanded to the states.

"[T]he right it protects is not implicit in the concept of ordered liberty," Feldman said. "States and local governments have been the primary locus of firearms regulation in this country for the last 220 years. Firearms unlike anything else that is the subject of a provision of the Bill of Rights are designed to injure and kill."

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dissented in Heller and wondered why the right to bear arms was necessary to extend to the states. "[I]f the notion is that these are principles that any free society would adopt, well, a lot of free societies have rejected the right to keep and bear arms."

Later in the arguments Roberts disputed that notion. "I do think the focus is our system of ordered liberty, not any abstract system of ordered liberty. You can say Japan is a free country, but it doesn't have the right to trial by -- by jury."

Roberts was part of the five member majority in Heller and there's a good chance Tuesday's case will result in a similar 5-4 outcome. All of the members of the Heller majority are still on the Court and at least one of them would have to rule against extending the Second Amendment protection in order for the opposing side to prevail.

From: http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2...or-gun-rights/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the Desk of:
    Steve Elliott, President, Grassfire.org Alliance

"You will face ONE YEAR in prison for resisting
    ObamaCare. It's part of the massive lies and
    distortions designed to hide the real dangers of
    ObamaCare. Please see below." --Steve

Fellow Supporter Of The constitution,

Yesterday, the Senate Finance Committee staged two votes on
    adding the "public option" to the Baucus version of ObamaCare.

I say "staged" because Senate Democrats fully expected both
    amendments to fail. That was their plan. They want YOU to
    think that the Senate version of ObamaCare will not include
    a "public option" and therefore it's not really a government-run
    system.

That's simply a lie--In fact, it couldn't be further from the truth!

The REAL truth is, ObamaCare with or without the public option
    is still a massively oppressive and unconstitutional government
    takeover of our healthcare system, and as citizens we cannot
    support it!

But my Fellow Supporter Of The constitution, it gets worse.

Senate Democrats plan to sneak the public option back in to the
    final ObamaCare bill when it moves to the Senate floor... when
    there will be little time for real debate... and no scrutiny
    of a Committee hearing!

So the votes yesterday were an intentional distortion to get
    you and I off track -- to make us think that ObamaCare is
    moving to the middle and becoming a bi-partisan bill.

But it gets worse...

This is because as bad as the "public option" is, it isn't even
    the most insidious DANGER of ObamaCare.

And what is the most insidious DANGER of the entire ObamaCare
    scheme? The unprecedented and unconstitutional INDIVIDUAL
    MANDATE. Here's why...

+ + The Individual Mandate is UNPRECEDENTED...

According to the Congressional Budget Office:

"A mandate requiring all individuals to purchase
    health insurance would be an unprecedented form of
    federal action. The government has never required
    people to buy any good or service as a condition
    of lawful residence in the United States."

Never before in U.S. History has such a federal mandate been
    imposed on the people of the United States!

Why? Because the individual mandate is unconstitutional.

Let me say that again...

THE INDIVIDUAL MANDATE IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL!

If the individual mandate is considered a "regulation" then it
    most certainly is unconstitutional.

Most of the expansion (ABUSE, USURPATION) of federal power of the past 90 years has
    taken place through the Commerce clause of the Constitution. In
    other words, if some activity impacts "commerce," Congress
    claims authority to regulate.

But there is no "commerce" involved in "being" an American!
    As the CBO so clearly stated, such a mandate on "lawful
    residence" is unprecedented. That's because it is clearly
    unconstitutional!

And here's where Obama and the Democrats run into trouble
    because the only way they can justify ObamaCare is to call
    it a tax instead of a regulation and then claim Congressional
    authority to tax.

But scholars are saying that this type of tax is likely also
    unconstitutional. Plus, Obama said he "rejects the notion" that
    the individual mandate is a tax, fearing his plan will lose
    more support if it is exposed as a tax increase.

Finally...

+ + The Individual Mandate IS Government Takeover

With or without the so-called "public option", the Individual
    Mandate means ObamaCare is a government takeover of healthcare.
    That's because the individual mandate gives government control
    over the healthcare system by giving the government the
    authority to FORCE you to comply!

In fact, if you don't pay the Individual Mandate TAX, you'll
    face up to a $25,000 fine or even ONE YEAR IN JAIL!

There is no escaping the government-run ObamaCare system. This
    is the definition of a government takeover of healthcare!

Here's what CATO Institute says about the Individual Mandate:

"Simply making health insurance compulsory gives
    government as much control over healthcare as
    would a compulsory government program."

So...

We've been lied to...

The truth has been distorted...

And the real dangers of ObamaCare (the public option and the
    individual mandate) are alive and well.

If you're not angry, you might want to check your pulse!

I, for one, am outraged.

And I'm not going to allow the Left to get away with their lies
    and distortions!

The Senate Finance Committee is still voting. More key votes are
    just ahead.

Here's what I'm asking you to do.

Action Item #1 -- Fax Your Senators and the Committee Now

Even if you have done so already, we are urging all team members
    to schedule faxes to their two senators and the key members of
    the Senate Finance Committee TODAY.

Go here to schedule your faxes:
    Grassfire Nation

We have provided suggested text for your fax that specifically
    highlights the dangers of the Public Option and the Individual Mandate.

If you prefer to send faxes on your own we've done all the work
    for you. Simply following links below to download targets and letters now:
    Grassfire Nation

+ + Action Item #2 -- Call Your Two Senators and
    Key Committee Members

Also... call your two Senators and tell them you oppose healthcare
    reform that includes any form of an individual mandate. Urge the
    Committee members to vote NO:

U.S. Senate

United States House of Representatives, 111th Congress, 2nd Session

Sen. Reid 202-224-3542

Sen. Ensign 202-224-6244

Sen. Baucus (Chair): 202-224-2651

Finance Committee: 202-224-4515

We have listed other key Senate Committee phone numbers here:
    Grassfire Nation

REJECT REID 2010

Dump Reid - Send Harry Reid back to Searchlight, Nevada
    Last edited by lukem; 12-30-2010 at 10:59 AM.

This is OLD news, theicemanmpls. Don't you think you may be wasting valuable server space?
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

wasted days, and wasted space

Mom,
    So you agree the Gypsy FUD is quite annoying, and wasting valuable server space?
    I am so delighted that we agree on something.

Mom,
    You have produced around 1,100 postings.

Of those 1,100 postings, how many are firearm related?

The other day, you made a sideways comment at me regarding contributing to the website.

While giving Luke money to help support the site is a great idea, right now, other expenses take priority. Perhaps in October, when I am expecting some changes in my financial situation.

I try to help out here by sharing my knowledge of firearms, and self defense.
    I am not an expert by any means. I do know which end to insert the cartridges, and what end the bullets come out.
    I know when to fight, and when to get the hell out of Dodge.
    If you want my firearms resume, I will be happy to provide.

When I see someone being cyber bullied, the sheep dog in me comes to the rescue.

Other then a couple dollars per month, what do you contribute to the site?

What do you bring to the table?

Can you answer, and explain this to me like I am in the third grade?

You are aware, I only want peace and harmony on this site.

There are others, and you know whom I am talking about Mom, who want to eliminate any discussion except those of the ultra religious, conservative camp.

At least two of those people have received warnings, and at least one is on a suspension from the site.

You can write all the memo's to Luke you want demanding that I be removed. So far you are not having any luck with that.

I assume what Luke desires is a successful site. I share that desire.

Perhaps everyone can find a way to get along?

Mom,
    So you agree the Gypsy FUD is quite annoying, and wasting valuable server space?
    I am so delighted that we agree on something.
    The FUD comes from all different sources... As far as server space, that's a LUKEM issue. I don't recall you being named as a site admin. Taking on a little too much responsibility... Besides, what you call FUD others call information. Let others do research and discover truth. Allow LUKEM to handle the hardware.

Mom,
    You have produced around 1,100 postings.
    And what have you done here? (same question back at ya. I don't expect an answer. See comment below about having any member answer to another). You came to the site with an axe to grind from day one (my perception and opinion so I guess it's FUD). Mad at the world. Must have been some horrible tragedy... I will however pray for you. No name calling.

Of those 1,100 postings, how many are firearm related?
    The site has never limited the scope of posts to be just strictly firearms related. That choice is in the hands of LUKEM and AMDUDE site owner an admins. THEY have final say as to what will fly and what will not fly here. Let them voice any concerns...

I try to help out here by sharing my knowledge of firearms, and self defense.I am not an expert by any means. I do know which end to insert the cartridges, and what end the bullets come out. I know when to fight, and when to get the hell out of Dodge.
    If you want my firearms resume, I will be happy to provide.
    Yea, we all could write the same thing here. We all feel as though we need to be needed. We all feel as though our input is above all most important and paramount to the topic of discussion. Yea, Yea, Yea... And so the fighting continues...

When I see someone being cyber bullied, the sheep dog in me comes to the rescue.
    Resist the urge. Allow folks to defend themselves if and when they need to. You're not the site admin nor the cyber police. It always ends up this way when you enter a thread... Have you noticed that? I and many others have. Stop trying to be the good guy or the night in shining armor. Just be you. A flawed (as are the rest of us, me included so no name calling here) human being trying to become something better.

Other then a couple dollars per month, what do you contribute to the site?

What do you bring to the table?
    Since when did you start believing that anyone on this site should answer to you? I'm sure there was no election here to name the latest Great and Powerful OZ"... That title still belongs to LUKEM and AMDUDE. Let them decide if they require a status update for quotas on useful or pertinent information posted at regular intervals.

Can you answer, and explain this to me like I am in the third grade?
    Holding my tongue...

You are aware, I only want peace and harmony on this site.
    Start the process from within... Resist the urge as mentioned above. Peace will happen...
    Peace as defined by whom? What is your definition of peace? Perhaps a thread begun to define your idea of peace? The Constitution and Bill of Rights was authored by many, not decreed by one...

There are others, and you know whom I am talking about Mom, who want to eliminate any discussion except those of the ultra religious, conservative camp.
    When those discussions happen don't take part in them. Ignore it and allow those who feel the need to discuss such matters, to do so into open air. You need not join in nor feel the need to defend others or admonish others for writing what they feel strongly about.
    Tastes great!!! Less filling!!! It goes on and on....

At least two of those people have received warnings, and at least one is on a suspension from the site.
    We all know what has been happening here. It's become a place for angry and upset people to drop the gloves and attack. Perhaps not getting enough attention at home or at work has this effect. Venting here is easy, way too easy. Channel it... Find a more positive outlet...

You can write all the memo's to Luke you want demanding that I be removed. So far you are not having any luck with that.

I assume what Luke desires is a successful site. I share that desire.

Perhaps everyone can find a way to get along?
    Successful site by what definition? Yours or mine? LUKEM's?
    Again just be you and stop trying so hard to change the environment. When it stinks just keep clear or learn to deal with the odor... Trying to change everything around us to suit our comfort level is a flaw most humans have. We have yet to learn to adapt to the environment in small ways. We feel the need to make it better and forget that better is often a singular point of view...

So with all of that written, I'll go back to FUD research...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

110% there guys how about a re direct, we can discuss my kid and his friends tearing up my RR tie back stop and steel boiler plate deflector with .357's after I told him (multiple times) nothing heaver than .22 LR or .38 sp lead.... That if he wants to go heavy drive to the farm and use the dirt berm.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast