Is it tin hat time... - Page 9
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it tin hat time...

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    110% there guys how about a re direct, we can discuss my kid and his friends tearing up my RR tie back stop and steel boiler plate deflector with .357's after I told him (multiple times) nothing heaver than .22 LR or .38 sp lead.... That if he wants to go heavy drive to the farm and use the dirt berm.....
    "What we've got here is, failure to communicate"...

Yea, I recall being told a few times to do or not to do things by my father and forgetting what I was told to do and not to do shortly thereafter. Normal childhood disorder. It wears off when they have to start paying for or fixing things themselves...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    The FUD comes from all different sources... As far as server space, that's a LUKEM issue. I don't recall you being named as a site admin. Taking on a little too much responsibility... Besides, what you call FUD others call information. Let others do research and discover truth. Allow LUKEM to handle the hardware.

And what have you done here? (same question back at ya. I don't expect an answer. See comment below about having any member answer to another). You came to the site with an axe to grind from day one (my perception and opinion so I guess it's FUD). Mad at the world. Must have been some horrible tragedy... I will however pray for you. No name calling.

The site has never limited the scope of posts to be just strictly firearms related. That choice is in the hands of LUKEM and AMDUDE site owner an admins. THEY have final say as to what will fly and what will not fly here. Let them voice any concerns...

Yea, we all could write the same thing here. We all feel as though we need to be needed. We all feel as though our input is above all most important and paramount to the topic of discussion. Yea, Yea, Yea... And so the fighting continues...

Resist the urge. Allow folks to defend themselves if and when they need to. You're not the site admin nor the cyber police. It always ends up this way when you enter a thread... Have you noticed that? I and many others have. Stop trying to be the good guy or the night in shining armor. Just be you. A flawed (as are the rest of us, me included so no name calling here) human being trying to become something better.

Since when did you start believing that anyone on this site should answer to you? I'm sure there was no election here to name the latest Great and Powerful OZ"... That title still belongs to LUKEM and AMDUDE. Let them decide if they require a status update for quotas on useful or pertinent information posted at regular intervals.

Holding my tongue...

Start the process from within... Resist the urge as mentioned above. Peace will happen...
    Peace as defined by whom? What is your definition of peace? Perhaps a thread begun to define your idea of peace? The Constitution and Bill of Rights was authored by many, not decreed by one...

When those discussions happen don't take part in them. Ignore it and allow those who feel the need to discuss such matters, to do so into open air. You need not join in nor feel the need to defend others or admonish others for writing what they feel strongly about.
    Tastes great!!! Less filling!!! It goes on and on....

We all know what has been happening here. It's become a place for angry and upset people to drop the gloves and attack. Perhaps not getting enough attention at home or at work has this effect. Venting here is easy, way too easy. Channel it... Find a more positive outlet...

Successful site by what definition? Yours or mine? LUKEM's?
    Again just be you and stop trying so hard to change the environment. When it stinks just keep clear or learn to deal with the odor... Trying to change everything around us to suit our comfort level is a flaw most humans have. We have yet to learn to adapt to the environment in small ways. We feel the need to make it better and forget that better is often a singular point of view...

So with all of that written, I'll go back to FUD research...

Peace...
    6shooter, I didn't bother reading your posting since it was addressed to mom. Are you a female six? Or, do you just play one on the internet?
    If I wanted your advice, I would of asked you.
    Please, from now on, if I address someone, don't be rude, and answer for them.
    After all, mom is an adult, and this is 2010.

110% there guys how about a re direct, we can discuss my kid and his friends tearing up my RR tie back stop and steel boiler plate deflector with .357's after I told him (multiple times) nothing heaver than .22 LR or .38 sp lead.... That if he wants to go heavy drive to the farm and use the dirt berm.....
    You are off-topic sir.
    Need I remind you that your kid, and his friend think they are much smarter then you?

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    "What we've got here is, failure to communicate"...

Yea, I recall being told a few times to do or not to do things by my father and forgetting what I was told to do and not to do shortly thereafter. Normal childhood disorder. It wears off when they have to start paying for or fixing things themselves...

Peace...
    Yeah that is partly my fault fixing everything they broke as kids... but he is 23 and in his last year of engineering at college, he should know better!

But the new rule I enacted a few months back, I am not your personal mechanic or maintenance guy, you break it you get to fix or have it fiexd....

You should have herd him whine when he had to do his own break job.....

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    You are off-topic sir.
    Need I remind you that your kid, and his friend think they are much smarter then you?
    Just trying to make us all get along there icy, n he keeps telling me that but soon forgets I took those classes when he was still doing Ninja Turtles for tick or treat.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Funny, this started off as a post on a possible attempt to disarm americans. I think the last page that this original issue was discussed was like page 2.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    6shooter, I didn't bother reading your posting since it was addressed to mom. Are you a female six? Or, do you just play one on the internet?
    If I wanted your advice, I would of asked you.
    Please, from now on, if I address someone, don't be rude, and answer for them.
    After all, mom is an adult, and this is 2010.
    Wow... reduced to name calling... And you want peace? Hypocrisy...

You seem to have no problem answering for others. Coming to their rescue like the sheep dog you described yourself as..

As far as asking for advice, take the same approach... Advice... If not asked for, best not given...

I answered the questions because this is an open forum. Get your head wrapped around that concept and it will get easier or perhaps better. Or perhaps take the time to create your own site and you can control the color of the sky and the topic of discussion in that world. You can play OZ there...

Oh, and as a side note. I don't take orders from you... So expect me to answer when I feel like it.
    Free will....

Peace...

I'm all for everyone posting whatever and whenever the hell they want, and and everyone else can deal with it...It's called "freedom" and meshes well with my libertarian/anarchist POV.

Oh, yeah...and STOP RUNNING TO LUKE whining like little kids. But, that's just me and I'm sure somebody will have something to say about it.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Yeah that is partly my fault fixing everything they broke as kids... but he is 23 and in his last year of engineering at college, he should know better!

But the new rule I enacted a few months back, I am not your personal mechanic or maintenance guy, you break it you get to fix or have it fiexd....

You should have herd him whine when he had to do his own break job.....
    I had a neighbor growing up that was always fixing things. He was rebuilding a 1940's Studebaker truck. He was a good teacher too... I would go and borrow tools or ask for tips. I quickly learned how to fix my things with his help. My father was not mechanically inclined, but my Grandfather was...

It's education not punishment. I do all kinds of automotive work and home projects for the neighbors. I make a little crazy money for me. A man who can work with his hands and has many skills will always find work...

Peace...

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I'm all for everyone posting whatever and whenever the hell they want, and and everyone else can deal with it...It's called "freedom" and meshes well with my libertarian/anarchist POV.

Oh, yeah...and STOP RUNNING TO LUKE whining like little kids. But, that's just me and I'm sure somebody will have something to say about it.
    Yes... theiceman will have to have the last word.. Very transparent and predictable he is...

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post

Amen brother...

This is a public forum. Keep that in mind and don't try and create some Utopia... It's fun the way it is, keep it fun... Yay!!... I love fun!!!

Peace... w/ Love and Respect...

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast