Looking or a job....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking or a job....

Lightbulb Looking or a job....

Have a look at why you are having problems finding one..... Unemployment rates by County Jan 07 - May 10 Scary stuff that...
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

We need this to happen in D.C. come November.

Boy thats scary!

Thanks for sharing.
    Never argue with an idiot. First they drag you down to their level then they beat you with experience!

It didn't raise my hopes for getting a job anytime soon!!!

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

It is a very tough job market out there. Hope I find something very soon.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Have a look at why you are having problems finding one..... Unemployment rates by County Jan 07 - May 10 Scary stuff that...
    How sad a lot of good workers are being destroyed . Remember the idiots who say : we are a service economy ; with that logic no wonder we are in this position ! Pray for America ! God Bless !

This is one of the worst job markets I've ever seen. If you're looking for a job I wish you the best!

It is certainly to be hoped that people will turn out many in Congress up for re-election in November, but that won't help the job market any time soon.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Yes it is a hard job market. The cold hard fact is a potential employer is more willing to hire someone that is working than is laid off. Even if all you are doing is working for a min-wage outside of your field you are showing you are willing to work and learn. So those job the "non-documented and green card holders" are doing could mean future employment for you or never working again.

PRO-LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. HOLY BIBLE]

What was everyone doing before they were laid off? Makes me glad I chose the profession I did(mechanic). We had to move 100 miles west so my wife could get a job (occupational therapy) and I had no trouble finding several places that would hire me.
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan .When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by sFe View Post
    What was everyone doing before they were laid off? Makes me glad I chose the profession I did(mechanic). We had to move 100 miles west so my wife could get a job (occupational therapy) and I had no trouble finding several places that would hire me.
    More and more people are having to rip up roots to follow their job, very traumatic for the wife n kids but necessary to keep everyone together.
    Me I'm retired with a good protected pension plan (Taft Hartley Act), was able to invest wisely. I count my blessings and was lucky to be out there when the job market was booming, and find a profession but 37 years later, I worry about my kids and their future....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast