How Comes The Obama Gets To Be A Presidents? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How Comes The Obama Gets To Be A Presidents?

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    Sometimes I just don't understand Iceman; your post on another forum seem to be so polite & respectful.
    I had wondered the same thing until the story of the scorpion & the hare came to mind & it all came together...

For my part I found the post semi humorous. I read it with a satirical mindset & try not to take myself to seriously.

Lastly if we as Christians are always on the prowl for offense (as they are) then we will surely find it.
    Never argue with an idiot. First they drag you down to their level then they beat you with experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I had wondered the same thing until the story of the scorpion & the hare came to mind & it all came together...

For my part I found the post semi humorous. I read it with a satirical mindset & try not to take myself to seriously.

Lastly if we as Christians are always on the prowl for offense (as they are) then we will surely find it.
    Who the heck needs to be "on the prowl" for offense when it is hitting you smack in the face? I don't take myself too seriously, either, Boomer (at least I don't think I do) and I have a pretty irreverent sense of humor. (For the record, I've heard much funnier anti-Christian stories/jokes.) But throwing mud at people when you're hiding behind a keyboard just doesn't cut it with me. But, that's just me; to each his own.

Iceman, I will say a prayer for you tonite. The Lord does love you, you know.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

I hear ya JJ!

My point is that with him & a couple of other posters (who have been strangely silent of late hmmm) we have bare nerves. They have irritated, blasphemed & cajoled their way into a special place of dislike where we have ZERO tolerance. I can appreciate that because I am in the same spot with them.
    This post made me realize "we have seen the enemy & they are us". We have become the close minded, bible thumping, tyrannical hypocrites they have accused us of being.
    Well I shouldn't say "we" as I speak for no one save myself. I'm just saying when I 1st read this post my initial response was the same as has been posted above. Then I stepped away for awhile & prayed & I believe God revealed to me that I was no better than he. In my own zeal I was every bit as close minded & tyrannical as he was. The log in my eye was to large to say a word to him.

I have never been fond of the "turn the other cheek" mindset. In fact I am very fond of "might makes right". I will however accept the Lords council & turn the other cheek. I will attempt to engage in fellowship & not utter a cross word save to correct an error. I will not ask nor impose my will on anyone else here. All I will ask it that each of you examine the content of your own heart. Does He need you to defend him? If not then are the posts you make for your glory or His?

Everyones path to salvation is different but I believe this is a cross I must bear.

YBIC
    Never argue with an idiot. First they drag you down to their level then they beat you with experience!

We are cut from the same cloth, Boomer, and I accept the admonishment, brother. This is chump change compared to what the Lord suffered and I can deal with it. Amen.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    We are cut from the same cloth, Boomer, and I accept the admonishment, brother. This is chump change compared to what the Lord suffered and I can deal with it. Amen.
    Yep...me, too! Let's just step aside and get out of the Lord's way. That's what is called "turning it over to Him". Then we can watch miracles take place in the lives of theicemanmpls, Midnight, nogods and cocked_and_locked!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I hear ya JJ!

My point is that with him & a couple of other posters (who have been strangely silent of late hmmm) we have bare nerves. They have irritated, blasphemed & cajoled their way into a special place of dislike where we have ZERO tolerance. I can appreciate that because I am in the same spot with them.
    This post made me realize "we have seen the enemy & they are us". We have become the close minded, bible thumping, tyrannical hypocrites they have accused us of being.
    Well I shouldn't say "we" as I speak for no one save myself. I'm just saying when I 1st read this post my initial response was the same as has been posted above. Then I stepped away for awhile & prayed & I believe God revealed to me that I was no better than he. In my own zeal I was every bit as close minded & tyrannical as he was. The log in my eye was to large to say a word to him.

I have never been fond of the "turn the other cheek" mindset. In fact I am very fond of "might makes right". I will however accept the Lords council & turn the other cheek. I will attempt to engage in fellowship & not utter a cross word save to correct an error. I will not ask nor impose my will on anyone else here. All I will ask it that each of you examine the content of your own heart. Does He need you to defend him? If not then are the posts you make for your glory or His?

Everyones path to salvation is different but I believe this is a cross I must bear.

YBIC
    We as humans created in the image of God, have been given the gift of free will along with the gifts of life, liberty, and the ability to pursue happiness. The free will part allows us to turn our backs to God if and when we choose to.

We are mired in the human condition, capable of such great acts of kindness and empathy for the comfort and well being of our fellow man/woman, but capable of madness, anger, and self righteousness. Sometimes in God's name...

The duality of man...

Good post Boomer...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Are any of you surprised at all the hate and evil that stems from one that always accuses others of hating?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Are any of you surprised at all the hate and evil that stems from one that always accuses others of hating?
    There are two terms for it, HK: transference and projection
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

You think he is bad now? Just wait until his beloved left-wing liberals lose both the House and Senate this November... Then let's see what theicemanmpls has to say. Even Robert Gibbs thinks the GOP will prevail!
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

wolfhunter Guest
    Ed, back before the election we had a guy posting here (his user name started JWT). Somehow he just disappeared

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast