Is this going to far??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this going to far???

Is this really that much worse than what is going on right now? I think this report is just more general media bs, designed to scare people. In the article they say that the FBI wants to collect pictures of scars and tattoos and collect palmprints. How is this different from now? When a suspect is arrested they are routinely fingerprinted, photographed and significant scars and tattoos are noted and recorded. All the FBI wants to do is combine all this information into a database much like they did with fingerprints long ago. The article also said that it was the employers who asked to be notified when an employee commited a crime but that they would need signed release waivers from the individual. In other words, if you don't want your employer to know then don't sign the waiver. I really don't see how this is any worse than keeping fingerprints and DNA. As a student of criminal justice, if a database exists that would help me find a murderer faster and prevent more death, then I welcome it. They never said anything about implanting us all with GPS and tracking our every move (that would be going too far), but the media makes it seem like that is the next step. They are just trying to scare people.
    "The Detonics CombatMaster .45 is a premium quality professional tool for the serious handgun expert and combat shooter. It is capable of providing the brute force stopping power of the standard-sized .45 in a size no larger than a snub-nosed .38." Colonel Jeff Cooper

"We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then, is not an act but a habit." Aristotle
    NV Tactical: Northern Virginia's #1 Source for Professional, Tactical Firearms Training

They never said anything about implanting us all with GPS and tracking our every move (that would be going too far), but the media makes it seem like that is the next step. They are just trying to scare people.
    Perhaps . . .

On the other hand, a guy named John wrote once, long ago:

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: and that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Never doubt what's possible. It's part of your Situational Awarness training.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

4. Is it going to far yes definatly. But it is already happening right now. I do not have a problem with convicted felons having to go through this but I am against putting more personel info out there than needed.

We are already living in a society where pretty much your every move can be watched. We have inclredible survielence technology out there now and it is going to get worse. You are being monitored wether you believe it or not, it is very selective but not as selective as I would like. It is just that the size of the database needed to store all the info is restricting things for right now. They continue to look at England as a model and how the survielence systems there are used to counter crime. This will be the argument they use when they decide to implement it. Once the technology is there they will use it.

When they start to require it in order to get your drivers license you will know it has been perfected.
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

hey, gunny...

the drivers licese thing is becoming a reality here in texas. i am a very private person, always have been . my face and prints are probably on file with everybody by now given the jobs i have had..... but this REALLY stinks. i am with HK on this one.

Many of you are old enough to remember that at one time the Social Security cards had written on them, "Not for identifacation purposes". Now you can't do anything without using the Social Security number. Each day we draw a little closer to total control.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

this crap is all just a game for these pricks. and as technology gets better they are finding new ways to play. they've already got all the money they could ever want, next comes the power. and the more people they can control, the more power they have.

8. BIOMETRICS is more than a picture or finger prints. It is basically a digitized map of your facial features and a lot of other physical traits fed into a database that can be accessed and used to single you out even wearing a disguise or having had plastic surgery. There are certain characteristics of your face that can not be altered the distance between you eyes for example. Trouble is it take up a huge amount of space on a computer. Once they have the ability to scan everyone into a database that is capable of being accessed by the, "Good Guys," Then the fun will really begin. Anyone here remember how they said computers were going to make our lives so much easier? Yeah, right.
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

Just another reason to distrust the government. But I'm sure they're only doing it for our own good yuk yuk--and the best part is we get to pay for the SOBs to do it to us!

When will they require us to be micro-chipped, like our pets?
    The Second Amendment is NOT about hunting!

11. Quote Originally Posted by OM44 View Post
    When will they require us to be micro-chipped, like our pets?
    soon. they let 9/11 happen to use the fear from it i dont see anyone standing up saying no more will we be pushed around... it's a sad thing to see

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast