Say NO!!! - Page 11
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Say NO!!!

handgonnetoter Guest
    I wish I could say what I REALLY feel on this one here. I would get kicked off the site and have, for some stupid reason, the government all over my ass. What ever happened to "the people" sticking by the government and the government sticking by "the people"? I should have been born 100 years ago.

And I find this especially poignant, again from Newt (ok. I'm done, now):

-----------------------

In some ways, it speaks of the goodness of America that we have had such difficulty coming to grips with the challenge of radical Islamists. It is our very commitment to religious liberty that makes us uncomfortable with defining our enemies in a way that appears linked with religious belief.

However, America's commitment to religious liberty has given radical Islamists a potent rhetorical weapon in their pursuit of sharia supremacy. In a deliberately dishonest campaign exploiting our belief in religious liberty, radical Islamists are actively engaged in a public relations campaign to try and browbeat and guilt Americans (and other Western countries) to accept the imposition of sharia in certain communities, no matter how deeply sharia law is in conflict with the protections afforded by the civil law and the democratic values undergirding our constitutional system.

--------------------------
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Gotta love Newt! I would also vote for him in a second!

IMO we need to "get real" about Islam. They are not who they portray themselves to be. It is just a matter of time before it comes to blood (truth is it already has). They are using our rights & freedoms against us to advance their own cause.
    If not stopped one day each of us will wake (either literally or figuratively) to a dagger at our throats.
    To think less is to be naive.

I just finished a study on Islam. It was a real eye opener & I recommend it to any God fearing patriotic American.

The Dark Side of Islam
    +1, Boomer. The politically correct, touchy-feely, don't be insensitive to anyone but Christians and Jews is disgusting and completely unacceptable. Thanks for the heads up on the book...I'm going to check into it.
    Last edited by Conservative Wife & Mom; 07-28-2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: rewording
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Gotta love Newt! I would also vote for him in a second!

IMO we need to "get real" about Islam. They are not who they portray themselves to be. It is just a matter of time before it comes to blood (truth is it already has). They are using our rights & freedoms against us to advance their own cause.
    If not stopped one day each of us will wake (either literally or figuratively) to a dagger at our throats.
    To think less is to be naive.

I just finished a study on Islam. It was a real eye opener & I recommend it to any God fearing patriotic American.

The Dark Side of Islam
    +1 Amen...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Anyone recall the controversy created by the book "The Satanic Versus" by Author Salman Rushdie?

They called for his death. Yea, Freedom embracing and peace loving my a$$...

The Satanic Verses controversy concerns Salman Rushdie's novel The Satanic Verses. In particular it involves the novel's alleged blasphemy or unbelief; the 1989 fatwa issued by Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini ordering Muslims to kill Rushdie; and the killings, attempted killings, and bombings that resulted from Muslim anger over the novel.[1]

The controversy was notable for being the first time in modern times a government had publicly called for the killing of a private individual in a foreign country; and the second time that a book, or calls for a book's censorship, caused an international diplomatic crisis.[2]

The issue divided "Muslim from Westerners along the fault line of culture,"[3] pitting the core Western value of freedom of expression– that no one "should be killed, or face a serious threat of being killed, for what they say or write" [4]–against the core belief of many Muslims–that no one should be free to "insult and malign Muslims" by disparaging the "honour of the Prophet" Muhammad.[5]

Muslim anger

In Islamic communities the novel began causing controversy almost at once because of what some Muslims considered blasphemous references. By October 1988 letters and phone calls began to come into Viking Penguin from Muslims angry with the book and demanding it be withdrawn.[8] Before the end of the month the book was banned in India.[8] In November 1988 it was also banned in Bangladesh, Sudan, and South Africa.[8] By December 1988 it was also banned in Sri Lanka.[8] March 1989 saw it banned in Kenya, Thailand, Tanzania, Indonesia, and Singapore.[8] The last nation which banned the book was Venezuela in June 1989.[8]

In the United States, the FBI was notified of 78 threats to bookstores in early March 1989, thought to be a small proportion of the total number. B. Dalton bookstore chain received 30 threats in less than three hours. Bombings of book stores included two in Berkeley California. In New York, the office of the community newspaper The Riverdale Press was all but destroyed by firebombs in retaliation for an editorial defending the right to read the novel and criticizing the bookstores that pulled it from their shelves.[22] But the United Kingdom was the country where violence against bookstores occurred most often and persisted the longest. Two large bookstores in Charing Cross Road, London,(Collets and Dillons) were bombed on April 9. In May, explosions went off in the town of High Wycombe and again in London, on Kings Road. Other bombings include one at a large London department store (Liberty's), in connection with the Penguin Bookshop inside the store, and at the Penguin store in York. Unexploded devices were found at Penguin stores in Guildford, Nottingham, and Peterborough.

The bombings meant that hardly a single bookstore sold Rushdie's novel openly in the UK. In the United States, it was unavailable in about one-third of the bookstores. In many others which carried the book, it was kept under the counter.[23]

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Another Newt fan here. He has my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    . In the United States, it was unavailable in about one-third of the bookstores. In many others which carried the book, it was kept under the counter.[23]
    Chillingly telling....

Is this what we are to become, an "under the counter" society??

Regardless there is a reckoning coming. Modern western society (Judeo-Christian or otherwise) can not peacefully coexist with those of true Islamic faith.
    Never argue with an idiot. First they drag you down to their level then they beat you with experience!

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Anyone recall the controversy created by the book "The Satanic Versus" by Author Salman Rushdie?

They called for his death. Yea, Freedom embracing and peace loving my a$$...

The Satanic Verses controversy concerns Salman Rushdie's novel The Satanic Verses. In particular it involves the novel's alleged blasphemy or unbelief; the 1989 fatwa issued by Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini ordering Muslims to kill Rushdie; and the killings, attempted killings, and bombings that resulted from Muslim anger over the novel.[1]

The controversy was notable for being the first time in modern times a government had publicly called for the killing of a private individual in a foreign country; and the second time that a book, or calls for a book's censorship, caused an international diplomatic crisis.[2]

The issue divided "Muslim from Westerners along the fault line of culture,"[3] pitting the core Western value of freedom of expression– that no one "should be killed, or face a serious threat of being killed, for what they say or write" [4]–against the core belief of many Muslims–that no one should be free to "insult and malign Muslims" by disparaging the "honour of the Prophet" Muhammad.[5]

Muslim anger

In Islamic communities the novel began causing controversy almost at once because of what some Muslims considered blasphemous references. By October 1988 letters and phone calls began to come into Viking Penguin from Muslims angry with the book and demanding it be withdrawn.[8] Before the end of the month the book was banned in India.[8] In November 1988 it was also banned in Bangladesh, Sudan, and South Africa.[8] By December 1988 it was also banned in Sri Lanka.[8] March 1989 saw it banned in Kenya, Thailand, Tanzania, Indonesia, and Singapore.[8] The last nation which banned the book was Venezuela in June 1989.[8]

In the United States, the FBI was notified of 78 threats to bookstores in early March 1989, thought to be a small proportion of the total number. B. Dalton bookstore chain received 30 threats in less than three hours. Bombings of book stores included two in Berkeley California. In New York, the office of the community newspaper The Riverdale Press was all but destroyed by firebombs in retaliation for an editorial defending the right to read the novel and criticizing the bookstores that pulled it from their shelves.[22] But the United Kingdom was the country where violence against bookstores occurred most often and persisted the longest. Two large bookstores in Charing Cross Road, London,(Collets and Dillons) were bombed on April 9. In May, explosions went off in the town of High Wycombe and again in London, on Kings Road. Other bombings include one at a large London department store (Liberty's), in connection with the Penguin Bookshop inside the store, and at the Penguin store in York. Unexploded devices were found at Penguin stores in Guildford, Nottingham, and Peterborough.

The bombings meant that hardly a single bookstore sold Rushdie's novel openly in the UK. In the United States, it was unavailable in about one-third of the bookstores. In many others which carried the book, it was kept under the counter.[23]

Peace...
    I DO remember that. Whatever happened to Rushdie? I don't recall hearing anything about the Muslims being successful in their mission to assassinate him. Wonder where he is and if he's well.

It really goes against reason that the Muslims could have such a worldwide influence over the readership of ONE book. No other religion could have gotten away with that! The fact that Islam continues to receive special status around the world is what makes "the religion of peace" (NOT) so dangerous.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    I DO remember that. Whatever happened to Rushdie?
    He managed to survive & prosper
    Never argue with an idiot. First they drag you down to their level then they beat you with experience!

Failure to communicate

YouTube - cool hand luke

WHAT WE HAVE HERE IS FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE.
    You do not hold an entire group responsible for the actions of a few

Xenophobia is the uncontrollable fear of foreigners. [1] It comes from the Greek words ξένος (xenos), meaning "stranger," "foreigner" and φόβος (phobos), meaning "fear." Xenophobia can manifest itself in many ways involving the relations and perceptions of an ingroup towards an outgroup, including a fear of losing identity, suspicion of its activities, aggression, and desire to eliminate its presence to secure a presumed purity.[2] Xenophobia can also be exhibited in the form of an "uncritical exaltation of another culture" in which a culture is ascribed "an unreal, stereotyped and exotic quality".[3]

Xenophobia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast