Say NO!!! - Page 12
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 277

Thread: Say NO!!!

  1. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    YouTube - cool hand luke

    WHAT WE HAVE HERE IS FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE.
    You do not hold an entire group responsible for the actions of a few

    Xenophobia is the uncontrollable fear of foreigners. [1] It comes from the Greek words ξένος (xenos), meaning "stranger," "foreigner" and φόβος (phobos), meaning "fear." Xenophobia can manifest itself in many ways involving the relations and perceptions of an ingroup towards an outgroup, including a fear of losing identity, suspicion of its activities, aggression, and desire to eliminate its presence to secure a presumed purity.[2] Xenophobia can also be exhibited in the form of an "uncritical exaltation of another culture" in which a culture is ascribed "an unreal, stereotyped and exotic quality".[3]

    Xenophobia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Well, then, the "group" should take care of the "few" who are causing the problem. Until they do, they are part of the problem. And please spare me the xenophobia crap. It doesn't apply, to me, anyway.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

  2.   
  3. #112
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429

    Get some

    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Well, then, the "group" should take care of the "few" who are causing the problem. Until they do, they are part of the problem. And please spare me the xenophobia crap. It doesn't apply, to me, anyway.
    YouTube - Full Metal Jacket- Get Some

    Why don't we just take care of the entire group then. The crazy door gunner has the perfect solution.

    "Anyone who runs is a creeping sharia."

    " Anyone who stands still is a well disciplined creeping sharia."

  4. #113
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post

    YouTube - Full Metal Jacket- Get Some

    Why don't we just take care of the entire group then. The crazy door gunner has the perfect solution.

    "Anyone who runs is a creeping sharia."

    " Anyone who stands still is a well disciplined creeping sharia."
    Humm. Is the door gunner really crazy just because you say so?

    Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

  5. #114
    Quoting a dictionary is not an argument. Phobias are also irrational fears, which is why they can be cured. The fear that many, including myself, have, is not irrational and stems from an unspeakable act of terror perpetrated by members of a group that numbers hundred of millions. It is a small amount of those hundreds of millions that committed the act, and a very large number of those people who have refused to condemn it. It is also the peaceloving (?) segment of that group that is trying to impose sharia law in other countries, and in my opinion, here. I do not claim to be an expert on sharia law (I am probably not even spelling it right, so don't go there) but from what I have seen on tv and read about I am not a fan. I consider the United States the greatest country in history and fear muslim law and ways taking over my country.

    It is easy to assume everyone who wants to stop the mosque is only doing so because of the actions of a few and therefore we must have some "phobia." There is a much bigger picture here. I wonder how you feel about a group of people who are defiantly still wanting to build a mosqe that they know is causing tremendous pain to millions of Americans?

    So when are these Muslims, who say they just want to show they are americans too, going to build a monument to the us constitution? If they want to show they are serious about reaching across a divide to us let them do that.

    Lets see, I have a vegan friend whose philosophy I don't understand. Let me reach out to him by making him come to my house and watch me decapitate a chicken and cook it and make him eat it. Right.

  6. #115
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Quoting a dictionary is not an argument. Phobias are also irrational fears, which is why they can be cured. The fear that many, including myself, have, is not irrational and stems from an unspeakable act of terror perpetrated by members of a group that numbers hundred of millions. It is a small amount of those hundreds of millions that committed the act, and a very large number of those people who have refused to condemn it. It is also the peaceloving (?) segment of that group that is trying to impose sharia law in other countries, and in my opinion, here. I do not claim to be an expert on sharia law (I am probably not even spelling it right, so don't go there) but from what I have seen on tv and read about I am not a fan. I consider the United States the greatest country in history and fear muslim law and ways taking over my country.

    It is easy to assume everyone who wants to stop the mosque is only doing so because of the actions of a few and therefore we must have some "phobia." There is a much bigger picture here. I wonder how you feel about a group of people who are defiantly still wanting to build a mosqe that they know is causing tremendous pain to millions of Americans?

    So when are these Muslims, who say they just want to show they are americans too, going to build a monument to the us constitution? If they want to show they are serious about reaching across a divide to us let them do that.

    Lets see, I have a vegan friend whose philosophy I don't understand. Let me reach out to him by making him come to my house and watch me decapitate a chicken and cook it and make him eat it. Right.
    DING!!! +1

    Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Here's a thought.... if they do build it can we fly a remote controlled aircraft full of terrorist into it every September 11th?
    i like that idea. like a second independence day

  8. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Quoting a dictionary is not an argument. Phobias are also irrational fears, which is why they can be cured. The fear that many, including myself, have, is not irrational and stems from an unspeakable act of terror perpetrated by members of a group that numbers hundred of millions. It is a small amount of those hundreds of millions that committed the act, and a very large number of those people who have refused to condemn it. It is also the peaceloving (?) segment of that group that is trying to impose sharia law in other countries, and in my opinion, here. I do not claim to be an expert on sharia law (I am probably not even spelling it right, so don't go there) but from what I have seen on tv and read about I am not a fan. I consider the United States the greatest country in history and fear muslim law and ways taking over my country.

    It is easy to assume everyone who wants to stop the mosque is only doing so because of the actions of a few and therefore we must have some "phobia." There is a much bigger picture here. I wonder how you feel about a group of people who are defiantly still wanting to build a mosqe that they know is causing tremendous pain to millions of Americans?

    So when are these Muslims, who say they just want to show they are americans too, going to build a monument to the us constitution? If they want to show they are serious about reaching across a divide to us let them do that.

    Lets see, I have a vegan friend whose philosophy I don't understand. Let me reach out to him by making him come to my house and watch me decapitate a chicken and cook it and make him eat it. Right.
    +2.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  9. #118
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Battle Creek Mi
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post

    1. I am in total agreement about academia. College level instructors, and professors. Some are outstanding. Others, are a waste of good oxygen. The ones that iterated me the most, were the ones that insisted that everyone adopt their personal norms, values, and goals.

    1a. The ones I respected the most were the ones that challenged your mind. Just like a personal trainer challenges your body.

    Here are the facts.

    2. All Muslims, are not terrorists.

    3. You can't tell the nice ones from the bad ones just by looking at them.

    4. To condemn an entire group of people for the actions of few is just wrong.

    5. 911 must be avenged. Those responsible must be held accountable. Those who harbor these terrorists will be held responsible.

    6. Our country must not be attacked again.

    7. Try to resolve all differences peacefully. Only use force as a last resort. However, meet force with force.
    1/1a. Ditto BTDT...

    2. true; however would you go to a sold out ball game if 1-10% (depending on sources) in that stadium wanted to kill you... assuming a seating capacity of 5,000= 50-500 people (again depending on sources) had plans on killing you and your grandkids before you could leave the park.... would you go to such a place... now think mosque in NY with the same number of members, statistically they exhist...

    3. Really; you need to tell the department of homeland security how to do that so next time I go on a flight I can just zing on through security.... Great sounding trick but I don't really think so, at least not relibly....

    5-6 AGREED!!!

    7. "All we are saying is give peace a chance" great line for a Beatles song, but in the real world it has been and is being tried by us, our military, our diplomats, and individuals, and it is failing miserably!!!

    Think not have a chat with any solder returning home from a tour of Iraq or Agfanstan.... they try and make Friends with the locals, their kids and family, go ask them what happens when they turn their back... Look at the Online videos of the people and not just solders but people that went over there to help, as they have their heads hacked off....

    Enough peace it is time to chew gum and kick insurgent ass and I am out of gum......
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

  10. #119
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    I love how everybody espouses agreement with #6, but always gets a burr up their butt whenever the gubmit wants tighter security measures that might interfere with their "freedom," or intrude on their "privacy." Want your cake and eat it too, huh?

    BTW Sheldon, an opinion cannot be "false," It is a subjective matter. You may view another's opinion as being disagreeable to you personally, but like they say opinions are like arseholes....

  11. #120
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in Western Pennsylvania
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Quoting a dictionary is not an argument. Phobias are also irrational fears, which is why they can be cured. The fear that many, including myself, have, is not irrational and stems from an unspeakable act of terror perpetrated by members of a group that numbers hundred of millions. It is a small amount of those hundreds of millions that committed the act, and a very large number of those people who have refused to condemn it. It is also the peaceloving (?) segment of that group that is trying to impose sharia law in other countries, and in my opinion, here. I do not claim to be an expert on sharia law (I am probably not even spelling it right, so don't go there) but from what I have seen on tv and read about I am not a fan. I consider the United States the greatest country in history and fear muslim law and ways taking over my country.

    It is easy to assume everyone who wants to stop the mosque is only doing so because of the actions of a few and therefore we must have some "phobia." There is a much bigger picture here. I wonder how you feel about a group of people who are defiantly still wanting to build a mosqe that they know is causing tremendous pain to millions of Americans?

    So when are these Muslims, who say they just want to show they are americans too, going to build a monument to the us constitution? If they want to show they are serious about reaching across a divide to us let them do that.

    Lets see, I have a vegan friend whose philosophy I don't understand. Let me reach out to him by making him come to my house and watch me decapitate a chicken and cook it and make him eat it. Right.
    Good post

    PRO-LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. HOLY BIBLE]

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast