Say NO!!! - Page 13
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Say NO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    I love how everybody espouses agreement with #6, but always gets a burr up their butt whenever the gubmit wants tighter security measures that might interfere with their "freedom," or intrude on their "privacy." Want your cake and eat it too, huh?

BTW Sheldon, an opinion cannot be "false," It is a subjective matter. You may view another's opinion as being disagreeable to you personally, but like they say opinions are like arseholes....
    Wrong... opinion based upon a fallacy is just that.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked
    BTW Sheldon, an opinion cannot be "false," It is a subjective matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Wrong... opinion based upon a fallacy is just that.....
    +1, Sheldon. People used to be of the false opinion that the Earth was flat.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked
    BTW Sheldon, an opinion cannot be "false," It is a subjective matter.

+1, Sheldon. People used to be of the false opinion that the Earth was flat.
    LOL you mean its not?

But then with this kind of an opinion cannot be "false" then the argument can be made that you can't say FAITH is false using the same criteria.

PRO-LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. HOLY BIBLE]

Quote Originally Posted by KathleenElsie View Post
    LOL you mean its not?

But then with this kind of an opinion cannot be "false" then the argument can be made that you can't say FAITH is false using the same criteria.
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1 NIV
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

In any case, religion is the opiate of the masses. Just because it cannot be proven non-existent, does it mean that it must exist? Or maybe religion is written by a group of individuals in the hope that a moral code would be adhered to for the sake of human beings not tearing each other apart. It is the interpretation of the religious texts that terrorists hide behind, not the religion itself. The pracitices and traditions are at fault, not the text. To use the phrase uttered by many gun owners regarding firearms, "it is not the book that causes the violence, after all, it is only a book, an inanimate object. It is rather the individual, the free will of the mind, that allows the indiviudal to use the text for evil purposes, for reasoning behind murder." To be honest, if the Middle-east had a shred of an economy where the government cared for its people and fed them and provided them with medicine, we would be looking at a different situation. The underlying theme here is money, just like it always has been and always will be. These people are so poor that the only way to prove their existence and exert their will is through violence, and what better way to get on the map than to attach religion to the violence? Pitting religion against religion is pointless, just a way to assert good vs. evil, when in reality these religions both promote peace and love for all people. The Middle East is severely disfunctional; conquered by whoever wants to assert imperialism on the most poor people on earth. My question is why even bother to recussitate a region that does not want our help? Why not focus on those individuals who need our help within our borders? I am sure just as many Muslims who embrace the West have sympathy just as deep as many other Americans who detest radical terrorism. The faction of individuals responsible for this behavior is such a small fraction that has tarnished a people.

Think about it this way. Many Muslims are good people. Terrorist attacks occur and suddenly everyone feels on edge around a person of Middle-Eastern descent.
    Most gun owners are good people. Cho shoots up Tech and suddenly everyone feels on edge around people with guns.

Just my .02 on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewbs View Post
    In any case, religion is the opiate of the masses. Just because it cannot be proven wrong, does it mean that it must be true?
    Very Marxist of you... No further introduction is necessary.
    Never argue with an idiot. First they drag you down to their level then they beat you with experience!

Marxist? I mean you could say that, or you could toy with the idea that faith is a very clever way to keep people in the balance their whole lives. Don't to something bad, Johnny, or you will go to hell for eternity. Be good and you will go heaven for eternity. And please, just because I have a belief on a subject, don't automatically label me as a Marxist; not only is it untrue, it is petty and an easy way to look like an indivual with no real input on the subject. Being an American doesn't mean wielding a gun everywhere spouting "but its my right to carry this gun in ToysRus" or "heres a card why carrying a gun constantly with a bullet in the chamber is a stellar idea". Being an American means being educated enough to discern fact from fiction, after all, we have the best education system in the world. So don't throw out little ridiculous notions about my beliefs based on a statement I made. Does carrying a gun everywhere make you a more relaxed individual, or does it make daily life more of a hassle. Is the gun loaded? did I lock it up at night so my kids can't get to it? What if it gets stolen? What if I actually have to take a life? What if i make the wrong decision in taking that life? How will I live with taking a human life? I mean everyone on every pro-gun forum stands by the fact and proudly states that they will "blow-away" someone who threatens them gravely as if it was nothing more than opening a door, but I have come across 0 forum members that have actually pulled the trigger and ended a life. It is my right under the first-amendment to say whatever I want to people on a daily basis, but being a human with an idea of what is acceptable (regardless of it being my right) I keep wrongful thoughts and ideas about people to myself, because it hurts and offends them. The same thing should apply to those who own guns, don't carry it into places where it offends people, and if you want to do that, then CC.

I mean, do you have animosity for every individual of Japanese descent for their ancestors suicide bombings of Pearl Harbor? Probably not, even though it was a similar terrorist act involving airplanes used as missiles.

Think about this. If you didn't exist before you were born and you know nothing of your pre-existence, why would you think that you will remember your post-existence? I imagine death is a lot like before you were born, you were completely content before you were born and will be completely content afterwords, regardless of whether or not the scripture is true to form. I mean the whole old testament is filled with stories to preach good behavior, not to be taken literally. I think this constant fear of wondering whether you are going to heaven at the end of your life takes away a lot of enjoyment you could be experiencing during your life. I'm not saying I don't believe in a higher power, I just have yet to see the easing of the suffering of millions across the globe, the cancer that has ravaged my friends and family. Ask someone who is stricken with terminal cancer at 14 if they believe in a higher power, its not Marxist, its just a little too real to acutally think about. Why exist 2000 years ago, far from the apex of world tension and calamity, leaving only a book written by people (some who you knew, and some who based their writings on heresay after the death of Jesus)? How many times have you been asked to have faith in another, only to be let down, My guess is more than once.

And to be honest, many forum members with the signatures "Conservative Christian Zealot" by choice is pretty unsettling. I have seen and talked to those individuals who are Christian Zealots and it is a surreal experience that I never want to encounter again. Dencouncing Islam is one thing, but doing so with a signature that says Paranoid Christian Zealot just looks like nonsense.

P.S. I do own a firearm and carry occassionally. Not into ToysRus, Churches, Grocery Stores.

Faith is an individual right. I choose to believe so I do. I'm not gathering souls as if I had some kind of quota to fill for 100% redemption. I've never interpreted God's word that way... Choose to or not it's an individual choice... We mortals do not sit in final judgment of others. The God in which we believe does so.

This horse has been beaten here before and nary a convert has been had.

Build the mosque in another location. My final opinion, not to be swayed.

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by Pewbs View Post
    Marxist? I mean you could say that, or you could toy with the idea that faith is a very clever way to keep people in the balance their whole lives.
    I would not even characterize it as "clever" these days. A hundred years ago it was pretty easy to fool most of the people all the time. The world of advanced technology, communications, science and social advancement we live in today makes religion an anachronism for sheeple literally too brainwashed to open their eyes to the world around them.

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    This horse has been beaten here before and nary a convert has been had.
    Who's trying to "convert" anyone? I believe that would be an effort more suited to the more mundane aspects of religiosity. I was just talking about a few facts regarding the proposed mosque.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Build the mosque in another location. My final opinion, not to be swayed.
    Not to worry. I'm sure any reasonable reader of these forums gave up on you a long time ago.

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast