Say NO!!! - Page 5
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Say NO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    I don't recall where one of the tenets of Christianity calls for hating Muslims.

Have a nice day, hypocrite.
    As i have never said I HATE anyone I believe that your calling me an un-charitable name was quite uncalled for.
    Your posts are now on my ignor list.

PRO-LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. HOLY BIBLE]

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    Muslims erect a mosque on conquered sites. Doesn't this fact say it all? A mosque, at Ground Zero, is nothing more than a badge of honor for a jihad act of terrorism against the United States.
    Or when a HOLY site is taken by force they make it a Mosque.

PRO-LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. HOLY BIBLE]

I don't recall where one of the tenets of Christianity calls for hating Muslims.

I'm not the foremost expert on the subject, but I have spoken to some Muslims (as I'm sure you perhaps have had contact with some) and the teachings of Muhammad have over time evolved into condoning and teaching violence in the name of Allah...

As stated in my previous post, It's the human interpretation of the written word of God. Some Christians fall into that trap as well. In the name of God and the "Right to life movement" I'm going to take the lives of people who work in the field of abortions. Right...

VIOLENCE IN THE KORAN AND THE BIBLE (very long, but, worthwile)

Man fighting man in defense of his beliefs in God and a belief in his control over natural resources has been the legacy of human existence. Not gonna solve it here...

To most Americans the idea of the mosque on this site would be seen as a monument to conquest. Others will see it as a symbol of a peaceful co-existence. I've made my opinion known...

I don't hate all Muslims, just the ones who kill in the name of their God... And in this case that is exactly what happened at Ground Zero... So yes I do hate "them"...

Forcing your point of view on others... Yea, Good luck with that... Start a poll and see what the general consensus is here...
    Have a nice day, Name caller...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Exclamation

No one said we hate Muslims, I too know several.. but it has been said by a very famous man "He who does not study history is doomed to repeat it"

So do I explicitly trust these people? I judge them as individuals and not as part of a very large religious group, so based upon their own words, demure, and acts, for the most no....

A little history here, Islam one of the worlds largest religious groups (Shiite and Sunni) consists of round numbers a billion people, thats 1 with 9 0's...
    Of which a full 10%+ is of the radical sect, and in round numbers is equal to one hundred million (100,000,000) people that want every one not of their sect dead.

These radical Islamic sects regularly infiltrate the more peaceful groups, have no scruples about killing anyone, anyplace, anytime and unlike the US have no concept of collateral damage, will readily hide out in any Mosque well knowing we will not openly attack. They on the other hand have no such problems and will bomb any structure regardless of use or designation.

So do we hate all Muslims, NO.... Do we keep a watchful and guarded eye on them, let me state that if you do not then you need a serious and quick reality check....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Have any of you ever had a person in authority who abused you, or someone who may of caused you or loved one harm? Of course you have. Has that person been a different race, color, creed, religion, or national origin? Maybe?

Therefore are all of "those people" the same? The answer is no.

What happened on 911, is terrible. What they did was evil.

IMO, it was religious and political zealots who planned, and carried out the attack. The same ones who want to cause harm to our country and our people.

Like Christianity, Muslims are taught peaceful resolutions. Like Christianity, Muslims don't always do what is right.

Hate, and intolerance will not help. This will not bring anyone who perished that day back.

Hold only those who are guilty responsible. IMO, try a peaceful resolution. Do not hold an entire group responsible for the actions of very few. If that fails, then pick up the sword, and run it through only the guilty.

I substituted the words mosque, and Muslim with church, and Baptist. Does this now sound like religious hate and intolerance?

"I'm quite confident that the technology is there in private hands that an amateur UAV filled with black powder and avgas could be piloted right into the Cordoba House BAPTIST CHURCH on the day of its dedication.

Psst, all non-BAPTISTS, that day would be a really good day to be in New Jersey. "

"As it wasn't a plane load of BAPTISTS that hijacked a plane and flew it into the trade center you are correct..."

"Agreed, This is not about Freedom of religion... THE BAPTIST CHURCH can go someplace else, Like in Antarctica ... "

"However, I'm not against converting a BAPTIST CHURCH into a ground zero site..."

"Here's a thought.... if they do build it can we fly a remote controlled aircraft full of terrorist into it every September 11th? "

"If they build it, they better have dang good security cause I think this might become a real target... "

"In a religious area, when the BAPTISTS moved into Jerusalem, they built a CHURCH (isn't that the scent from a skunk?) on the site of Solomon's Temple. "

"You are SO correct, unfortunately. They are using our freedoms and laws against us. Watch them on TV when they defend this sickening site. All they talk about is how we should be tolerant. BS! "

"That was destroyed by BAPTISTS attacking us in the name of their God!!! Insult to injury... Build it some other place..."

"If they hire New Yorkers for the construction work, the BAPTIST CHURCHmay collapse during the opening service/session, on purpose. "

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Have any of you ever had a person in authority who abused you, or someone who may of caused you or loved one harm? Of course you have. Has that person been a different race, color, creed, religion, or national origin? Maybe?

IMO, it was religious and political zealots who planned, and carried out the attack. The same ones who want to cause harm to our country and our people.

Like Christianity, Muslims are taught peaceful resolutions. Like Christianity, Muslims don't always do what is right.

Hate, and intolerance will not help. This will not bring anyone who perished that day back.

Hold only those who are guilty responsible. IMO, try a peaceful resolution. Do not hold an entire group responsible for the actions of very few. If that fails, then pick up the sword, and run it through only the guilty.

I substituted the words mosque, and Muslim with church, and Baptist. Does this now sound like religious hate and intolerance?

"I'm quite confident that the technology is there in private hands that an amateur UAV filled with black powder and avgas could be piloted right into the Cordoba House BAPTIST CHURCH on the day of its dedication.

Psst, all non-BAPTISTS, that day would be a really good day to be in New Jersey. "

"As it wasn't a plane load of BAPTISTS that hijacked a plane and flew it into the trade center you are correct..."

"Agreed, This is not about Freedom of religion... THE BAPTIST CHURCH can go someplace else, Like in Antarctica ... "

"However, I'm not against converting a BAPTIST CHURCH into a ground zero site..."

"Here's a thought.... if they do build it can we fly a remote controlled aircraft full of terrorist into it every September 11th? "

"If they build it, they better have dang good security cause I think this might become a real target... "

"In a religious area, when the BAPTISTS moved into Jerusalem, they built a CHURCH (isn't that the scent from a skunk?) on the site of Solomon's Temple. "

"You are SO correct, unfortunately. They are using our freedoms and laws against us. Watch them on TV when they defend this sickening site. All they talk about is how we should be tolerant. BS! "

"That was destroyed by BAPTISTS attacking us in the name of their God!!! Insult to injury... Build it some other place..."

"If they hire New Yorkers for the construction work, the BAPTIST CHURCHmay collapse during the opening service/session, on purpose. "
    This is interesting but useless. You could substitute any group, and it is meaningless since they did not start a war with us. Now if Baptists flew planes into buildings and killed thousands, and then baptists all over the country refused to criticize them as taking the bible out of context, I would be opposed to having a baptist church built on that site. Remember, the Muslim community has to a large extent not been very vocal in their criticism of the attacks. If Baptists did it, the outcry from other Baptists would be deafening in their criticism of the act and distortion of their beliefs

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    This is interesting but useless. You could substitute any group, and it is meaningless since they did not start a war with us. Now if Baptists flew planes into buildings and killed thousands, and then baptists all over the country refused to criticize them as taking the bible out of context, I would be opposed to having a baptist church built on that site. Remember, the Muslim community has to a large extent not been very vocal in their criticism of the attacks. If Baptists did it, the outcry from other Baptists would be deafening in their criticism of the act and distortion of their beliefs

+ 1. That word if is a big word. Or as Dandy Don Meredith used to say, "If Ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Another example.
    WWII. Pearl Harbor.

What did the US Government do to all people of Japanese Ancestry who resided on the west coast and Hawaii?

They put them in concentration camps.

Was it wrong?

Don't blame all for the actions of a few. Ain't that quote somewheres in your holly book?

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post

We could play "substitute the religious group" all year long and the results will be the same.

The Christian's didn't fly the planes nor did the Hebrews nor did members of a non radical Muslim group... The attempted bombing at the same location in 1993 was also not planned by Christians or Hebrews or any non radical Muslim group. It was radical Muslims. I take issue with them. There I wrote it...

At the particular site in question with regards to the original post, A mosque is in my opinion, is in poor taste. Two blocks away from the site, like you often write, "knock yourself out".

Some opinions will not be swayed. Count mine in that pile... Keep preaching, but don't expect the Kool-Aid to be enjoyed by all...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Building a Mosque at the 911 site is a symbol of peace. IMO.

How many of you have been to the twin towers before, and the 911 site afterwords?

I have. Have you?

A friend mine for over 30 years works in Tribeca. I watched in horror at the unfolding events on the TV. I knew thousands of Americans were gone, but also my friend may be gone. It took days to find her.
    She lost a loved one in the south tower.

I, and millions of others are affected.

The elected representatives of the people of NYC want the mosque there. Who are we on this site, to say it's wrong to put it there?

I don't want a tragedy like this to ever happen again. If building a mosque helps, I am all for it.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast