Say NO!!! - Page 6
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Say NO!!!

IMO, this thread should be closed. Opinions are set and nothing is going to change mine or anyone else's.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    IMO, this thread should be closed. Opinions are set and nothing is going to change mine or anyone else's.
    +1 Thank you.

PRO-LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. HOLY BIBLE]

Can't handle the truth mom?
    Why do you zealots hate everyone who is different from you?

+1. Once a left wing zealot has their mind made up you can't confuse them with the facts.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    +1. Once a left wing zealot has their mind made up you can't confuse them with the facts.
    making threats to the computer, while wearing your Ben Cartright vest makes you look silly Hk.

Let's get down to brass tacks. This whole idea is bullsh#t and shouldn't even be an argument. Muslims bomb the towers and kill 3000 people. Now, Muslims want to build a mosque on/near the site. And we're supposed to just say "oh hell of a good idea!" and clap our local Muslim on the back in support and good cheer. Ridiculous.

Spare me the tolerance lecture, the political correctness, or whatever. Right is right and this isn't.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Building a Mosque at the 911 site is a symbol of peace. IMO.

How many of you have been to the twin towers before, and the 911 site afterwords?

I have. Have you?

A friend mine for over 30 years works in Tribeca. I watched in horror at the unfolding events on the TV. I knew thousands of Americans were gone, but also my friend may be gone. It took days to find her.
    She lost a loved one in the south tower.

I, and millions of others are affected.

The elected representatives of the people of NYC want the mosque there. Who are we on this site, to say it's wrong to put it there?

I don't want a tragedy like this to ever happen again. If building a mosque helps, I am all for it.
    and theres the problem, the elected officials not the people of NYC who when polled thought it was in bad taste too....
    Golly this is kind of like when we call our elected officials and tell them to vote against a gun control bill and they do what they want to anyway.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Let's get down to brass tacks. This whole idea is bullsh#t and shouldn't even be an argument. Muslims bomb the towers and kill 3000 people. Now, Muslims want to build a mosque on/near the site. And we're supposed to just say "oh hell of a good idea!" and clap our local Muslim on the back in support and good cheer. Ridiculous.

Spare me the tolerance lecture, the political correctness, or whatever. Right is right and this isn't.
    Which ones are we supposed to hate? All of them, or just certain ones? Here is a list for you to choose from.
    BTW, all the 911 hijackers were from Saudi. Saudi's are great friends with the oil billiionare Bush and Channey families.
    Let us know who the bad ones are.

A comprehensive 2009 demographic study of 232 countries and territories reported that 23% of the global population or 1.57 billion people are Muslims.[8] Of those, an estimated 87–90% are Sunni[7][137] and 10–13% are Shi'a,[8][7] with a small minority belonging to other sects. Approximately 50 countries are Muslim-majority,[138] and Arabs account for around 20% of all Muslims worldwide.

The majority of Muslims live in Asia and Africa.[139] Approximately 62% of the world's Muslims live in Asia, with over 683 million adherents in Indonesia, Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh.[140][141] In the Middle East, non-Arab countries such as Turkey and Iran are the largest Muslim-majority countries; in Africa, Egypt and Nigeria have the most populous Muslim communities.[142]

Most estimates indicate that the People's Republic of China has approximately 20 to 30 million Muslims (1.5% to 2% of the population).[143][144][145][146] However, data provided by the San Diego State University's International Population Center to U.S. News & World Report suggests that China has 65.3 million Muslims.[147] Islam is the second largest religion after Christianity in many European countries,[148] and is slowly catching up to that status in the Americas.

Denominations

Distribution of Islamic schools and branches in areas where large Muslim population are foundMain article: Islamic schools and branches
    Islam consists of a number of religious denominations that are essentially similar in belief but which have significant theological and legal differences. The primary division is between the Sunni and the Shi'a, with Sufism generally considered to be a mystical inflection of Islam rather than a distinct school. Sunnis make up the largest branch of Islam[137][159][160] followed by the Shi'a[161] and the remaining number may belong to a variety of other Islamic sects.[162]

Sunni

Movements in IslamMain article: Sunni Islam
    Sunni Muslims are the largest group in Islam, comprising the vast bulk of the world's 1.5 billion Muslims, hence the title Ahl as-Sunnah wa’l-Jamā‘ah (people of the principle and majority). In Arabic, as-Sunnah literally means "principle" or "path". The Qur'an and the Sunnah (the example of Muhammad's life) as recorded in hadith are the primary foundations of Sunni doctrine. Sunnis believe that the first four caliphs were the rightful successors to Muhammad; since God did not specify any particular leaders to succeed him, those leaders had to be elected. Sunnis believe that a caliph should be chosen by the whole community.[137][159]

There are four recognised madh'habs (schools of thought): Hanafi, Maliki, Shafi'i, and Hanbali. All four accept the validity of the others and a Muslim may choose any one that he or she finds agreeable.[163]

Shi'a
    Main article: Shia Islam
    The Shi'a constitute 10–13% of Islam[7] and are its second-largest branch.[164] They believe in the political and religious leadership of Imams from the progeny of Ali ibn Abi Talib, who according to most Shi'a are in a state of ismah, meaning infallibility. They believe that Ali ibn Abi Talib, as the cousin and son-in-law of Muhammad, was his rightful successor, and they call him the first Imam (leader), rejecting the legitimacy of the previous Muslim caliphs. To most Shi'a, an Imam rules by right of divine appointment and holds "absolute spiritual authority" among Muslims, having final say in matters of doctrine and revelation. Shias regard Ali as the prophet's true successor and believe that a caliph is appointed by divine will.[165] Shi'a Islam has several branches, the largest of which is the Twelvers (iṯnāʿašariyya) which the label Shi'a generally refers to. Although the Twelver Shi'a share many core practices with the Sunni, the two branches disagree over the proper importance and validity of specific collections of hadith. The Twelver Shi'a follow a legal tradition called Ja'fari jurisprudence.[166] Other smaller groups include the Ismaili and Zaidi, who differ from Twelvers in both their line of successors and theological beliefs.[167]

Sufism

Sufi whirling dervishes in TurkeyMain article: Sufism
    Sufism is a mystical-ascetic approach to Islam that seeks to find divine love and knowledge through direct personal experience of God. By focusing on the more spiritual aspects of religion, Sufis strive to obtain direct experience of God by making use of "intuitive and emotional faculties" that one must be trained to use.[168] Sufism and Islamic law are usually considered to be complementary, although Sufism has been criticized by salafi for what they see as an unjustified religious innovation. Many Sufi orders, or tariqas, can be classified as either Sunni or Shi'a, but others classify themselves simply as 'Sufi'.[169][170] Some Sufi groups can be described as non-Islamic when their teachings are very distinct from Islam.

Ahmadiyya
    Main article: Ahmadiyya
    Ahmadiyya is an Islamic religious movement founded towards the end of the 19th century and originating with the life and teachings of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (1835–1908). Ghulam Ahmad was an important religious figure who claimed to have fulfilled the prophecies about the world reformer of the end times, who was to herald the Eschaton as predicted in the traditions of various world religions and bring about the final triumph of Islam as per Islamic prophecy. He claimed that he was the Mujaddid (divine reformer) of the 14th Islamic century, the promised Messiah (“Second Coming of Christ”) and Mahdi awaited by Muslims.[171][172][173][174][175] Ahmadi emphasis lay in the belief that Islam is the final law for humanity as revealed to Muhammad and the necessity of restoring to it its true essence and pristine form, which had been lost through the centuries. Thus, Ahmadis view themselves as leading the revival and peaceful propagation of Islam.[176]

Others
    There are also Muslims who generally reject the Hadith, often called Quranists.
    The Kharijites are a sect that dates back to the early days of Islam. The only surviving branch of the Kharijites is Ibadism. Unlike most Kharijite groups, Ibadism does not regard sinful Muslims as unbelievers. The Imamate is an important topic in Ibadi legal literature, which stipulates that the leader should be chosen solely on the basis of his knowledge and piety, and is to be deposed if he acts unjustly. Most Ibadi Muslims live in Oman.[177] There are communities of Ibadis that took refuge in the Mzab oases in southern Algeria, the Nafusa Mountains in western Libya, and in Djerba Island (Tunisia), in order to avoid persecution in certain periods of history.[178]
    Other religions
    The Alevi, Yazidi, Druze, Bábí, Bahá'í, Berghouata and Ha-Mim movements either emerged out of Islam or came to share certain beliefs with Islam. Some consider themselves separate while others still sects of Islam though controversial in certain beliefs with mainstream Muslims.

Nice post Icy lots of good data, but bottom line that still leaves over 100,000,000 Muslims that want us all dead, and that is such a huge number...

Until the rest of the Peaceful Muslims grow some and stand up to these non peacefully fanatics, this is kind of like Nam, you could not tell just who the enemy was with out a score card so you flat out had to assume they all wanted you dead in order to stay alive......
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Nice post Icy lots of good data, but bottom line that still leaves over 100,000,000 Muslims that want us all dead, and that is such a huge number...

Until the rest of the Peaceful Muslims grow some and stand up to these non peacefully fanatics, this is kind of like Nam, you could not tell just who the enemy was with out a score card so you flat out had to assume they all wanted you dead in order to stay alive......

where on eath did you get they all want americans dead?

I can assure you, if the muslims that live here wanted me dead, just like viet nam, I would be out wearing my fanny pack, and Ben Cartright consealment vest looking to take out all them son's of Islam.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast