Man's Dying Wish

Thread: Man's Dying Wish

Man's Dying Wish

Robert W. Snyder, Jr. Bob left us on June 19th after a day of doing what he loved, sailing the BJ at Soldier Creek with good friends and family. Bob was born September 2, 1947, at Mitchel Field AFB, in New York, the only son of Charlotte and Robert Snyder. After serving in the U.S. Navy, he married Connie and they began their life together in Denver. After a few years in Denver, the couple moved to Minneapolis where their son Michael was born in 1970. After a brief stay living in San Francisco they finally made their home in Utah where they raised their son and enjoyed many friends and family. Bob is survived by his wife, Connie, son, Mike (Wendy), granddaughter, Bailey, and sisters, Jean Allstun and Carol (Gary) Davis. Bob lived his life to the fullest and always found a way to have a good time. He had way of making friends with everyone he met and will be missed by all who knew him. Services will be held Thursday, June 24, 2010 – 11:00 a.m. at Camp Williams, 17111 S. Camp Williams Road (Redwood Rd), Bluffdale, Utah. Family and close friends are welcome from 10:00 – 10:45 a.m. prior to the service. Arrangements in care of Olpin-Hoopes Funeral Home. Condolences may be sent to the family online at Olpin-Hoopes Funeral Home. In lieu of flowers and in memory of Bob’s humorous outlook on life, please feel free to make contributions to whoever may be running against Obama in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Robert W. Snyder, Jr. Bob left us on June 19th after a day of doing what he loved, sailing the BJ at Soldier Creek with good friends and family. Bob was born September 2, 1947, at Mitchel Field AFB, in New York, the only son of Charlotte and Robert Snyder. After serving in the U.S. Navy, he married Connie and they began their life together in Denver. After a few years in Denver, the couple moved to Minneapolis where their son Michael was born in 1970. After a brief stay living in San Francisco they finally made their home in Utah where they raised their son and enjoyed many friends and family. Bob is survived by his wife, Connie, son, Mike (Wendy), granddaughter, Bailey, and sisters, Jean Allstun and Carol (Gary) Davis. Bob lived his life to the fullest and always found a way to have a good time. He had way of making friends with everyone he met and will be missed by all who knew him. Services will be held Thursday, June 24, 2010 – 11:00 a.m. at Camp Williams, 17111 S. Camp Williams Road (Redwood Rd), Bluffdale, Utah. Family and close friends are welcome from 10:00 – 10:45 a.m. prior to the service. Arrangements in care of Olpin-Hoopes Funeral Home. Condolences may be sent to the family online at Olpin-Hoopes Funeral Home. In lieu of flowers and in memory of Bob’s humorous outlook on life, please feel free to make contributions to whoever may be running against Obama in 2012.
    That there is some funny stuff (not the obit, but the donation requests)

I'll be happy to make Bob's wish come true.

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

I went to the funeral home's website and checked out the gentleman's page. It's amazing how many people posted saying that they'd gotten his obituary via e-mail, just like theicemanmpls did, and how they were going to honor his last wish. What a lesson to be learned here: a person can still continue to make a difference, even through death!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

6. thank you all so much for taking the time to read my grandpas obituary! he would of loved it