An open letter to icemanmpls - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: An open letter to icemanmpls

If those who speak their minds are trolls, then wouldn't every individual be considered a troll at one point or another? The fact of the matter is, Iceman, from my reading, has brought up a lot of valuable points worth looking into. The fact of the matter is that many members on this forum are hyper-sensitive with thin skin. This trait automatically brings about a defense mechanism that causes many members to call him a troll. To be honest, most of you are abusing the power of calling someone a troll. Just because this man does not subscribe to the theory that guns and God are interwoven does not make him the troll.

Stop and think for a moment, this forum represents a minority of indiviudals in the United States that have taken it upon themselves to carry firearms on a daily basis. They walk around with guns loaded, concealed or openly carried into stores, malls, churches, and everywhere else. Why? Because this NEOCON (neo-conservative) party has spawned fear into the hearts of Americans all over the United States. So in reality, while iceman is labeled a troll on this microcosm of American society, many of you are labeled trolls every day for carrying guns everywhere. But your mind is not going to be changed by those liberals who look at you with disgust and fear for carrying a weapon around, so why should you berate this man for his viewpoints?

The idea that it is your GOD given right to own a firearm and take a life is completely out of control. The ideology of striking down infidels with your GOD given right sounds eerily similar to the ideology of those in the middle east. Both the NEOCONS and the extremeist fundamentalists share the same basic viewpoints. That is what bothers me, not an individual speaking his miind. After all, we are in the the land of FREEDOM, so stop trying to silence it.

Trolls feed on attention and disruption threads like this provide both.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Trolls feed on attention and disruption threads like this provide both.
    He doesn't seem to qualify as a troll as his postings are relevant to the topic at hand. It is the erroneous spin off comments of other members that direct the thread in a negative direction.

For clarification.

The term troll is subjective. There are many characteristics of a troll. The retarded people of course don't want to hear how corrupt the society is getting, so they claim to not "feed the trolls" by ignoring them. Trolls have been referred to in the web community as, trollers, jerks, and scum of the earth. In reality, the real trolls are the people who ignore the so-called trolls who were only just trying to reveal the problems with society. However, that could have been avoided by the accuser if they were able to control their emotional immaturity and instead find ways to solve the social issue

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Liberal View Post
    If those who speak their minds are trolls, then wouldn't every individual be considered a troll at one point or another?
    +1
    How boring would it be if everyone was the same. Same look, same clothes, same job, same THOUGHT, bots mindlessly agreeing in a commonly boring manner about the conduct of everyday life in public and in private.

I could go to church for that. I go on the Internet for stimulation, debate, controversy, sharing information and learning new stuff from people I don't know.

Go to the ranch if you need cozy, uncontested agreement with like-minded individuals.

If not, stay here and get with the program.

Just don't condemn me for whatever I say or think because you disagree. Try to change my mind - but do it respectfully. Sheeesh, get over yourselves. Anyone obnoxious enough to poison the environment will be dealt with by the site operators. Not any member's concern.

The term troll is subjective.
    Not unless you are trying to justify your trolling. Trolls are troublemakers. The symbolism goes back to the dark ages, applied to modern web forums. What's trouble for some people is not getting their way or having their viewpoints blindly accepted.

Get over yourself. Or troll. Or do whatever. But I'm not buying it. Tough.

Troll on. Troll off. Suit yourself.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Man, I think I need to maybe get on a forum that talks more about guns than anything else. This thread was general firearms, not General Hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    Man, I think I need to maybe get on a forum that talks more about guns than anything else. This thread was general firearms, not General Hospital.

Yeah, prolly posted under the wrong heading....

If those who speak their minds are trolls, then wouldn't every individual be considered a troll at one point or another? The fact of the matter is, Iceman, from my reading, has brought up a lot of valuable points worth looking into. The fact of the matter is that many members on this forum are hyper-sensitive with thin skin. This trait automatically brings about a defense mechanism that causes many members to call him a troll. To be honest, most of you are abusing the power of calling someone a troll. Just because this man does not subscribe to the theory that guns and God are interwoven does not make him the troll.

Stop and think for a moment, this forum represents a minority of indiviudals in the United States that have taken it upon themselves to carry firearms on a daily basis. They walk around with guns loaded, concealed or openly carried into stores, malls, churches, and everywhere else. Why? Because this NEOCON (neo-conservative) party has spawned fear into the hearts of Americans all over the United States. So in reality, while iceman is labeled a troll on this microcosm of American society, many of you are labeled trolls every day for carrying guns everywhere. But your mind is not going to be changed by those liberals who look at you with disgust and fear for carrying a weapon around, so why should you berate this man for his viewpoints?

The idea that it is your GOD given right to own a firearm and take a life is completely out of control. The ideology of striking down infidels with your GOD given right sounds eerily similar to the ideology of those in the middle east. Both the NEOCONS and the extremeist fundamentalists share the same basic viewpoints. That is what bothers me, not an individual speaking his miind. After all, we are in the the land of FREEDOM, so stop trying to silence it.
    This is the funniest damn thing I have read on this site in a while. We carry guns because a political party made us afraid? How is that? The movement to allow concealed carry really took off in the mid 90's, before a Bush White House was a glimmer in anyone's eye. The only fear being spread was that ignorance still being spread by anti's that allowing private ownership/carry of guns will lead to disaster. What exactly led you to this conclusion about gun owners/carriers being afraid? Did you read it on the Huffington Post?

People believe our rights come from our creator because our founders formed the country based on this belief. Most people in this country share that belief. Some believe our creator was god, some believe our creator was nature. It still means we have these rights because we were created as men (and women too). It is too bad you feel that our rights, and the exercise thereof, are out of control.

And please cite all the numerous threads in which people here talk about "striking down infidels". I don't recall any, much less it being a trend.

I don't think iceman is a troll, though. He appears to have an appreciation of the 2nd amendment from what I have seen. He likes to make fun of people whom he does not agree with, which is childish, but whatever. It does not bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    This is the funniest damn thing I have read on this site in a while. We carry guns because a political party made us afraid? How is that? The movement to allow concealed carry really took off in the mid 90's, before a Bush White House was a glimmer in anyone's eye. The only fear being spread was that ignorance still being spread by anti's that allowing private ownership/carry of guns will lead to disaster. What exactly led you to this conclusion about gun owners/carriers being afraid? Did you read it on the Huffington Post?

People believe our rights come from our creator because our founders formed the country based on this belief. Most people in this country share that belief. Some believe our creator was god, some believe our creator was nature. It still means we have these rights because we were created as men (and women too). It is too bad you feel that our rights, and the exercise thereof, are out of control.

And please cite all the numerous threads in which people here talk about "striking down infidels". I don't recall any, much less it being a trend.

I don't think iceman is a troll, though. He appears to have an appreciation of the 2nd amendment from what I have seen. He likes to make fun of people whom he does not agree with, which is childish, but whatever. It does not bother me.

I don't believe our rights are out of control. You miss the point. Those who exercise the rights are out of control.

That emboldened text does not make any sense at all. The rights that the framer's of the Constitution implemented have nothing to do with religion, hence the separation of CHURCH AND STATE. No one believes that the Bill of Rights is God given, unless you have been brain-washed by evangelism; which the majority of you seem to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Not unless you are trying to justify your trolling. Trolls are troublemakers. The symbolism goes back to the dark ages, applied to modern web forums. What's trouble for some people is not getting their way or having their viewpoints blindly accepted.

Get over yourself. Or troll. Or do whatever. But I'm not buying it. Tough.

You are a very self aware and well adjusted troll.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast