An open letter to icemanmpls - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 65

Thread: An open letter to icemanmpls

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Liberal View Post
    I don't believe our rights are out of control. You miss the point. Those who exercise the rights are out of control.

    That emboldened text does not make any sense at all. The rights that the framer's of the Constitution implemented have nothing to do with religion, hence the separation of CHURCH AND STATE. No one believes that the Bill of Rights is God given, unless you have been brain-washed by evangelism; which the majority of you seem to be.
    The fact that we the citizens of the United States have the right is enough. Choose to exercise or choose not to. You still have the choice. That was the intent of our founding fathers when creating this great nation, to make sure the choice was there to be made by the individual citizen not the nation as a whole. That is why that right was documented in the Bill of Rights. To protected it along with all the others, from the meddlesome minority that believe rights come from Government and not God. That they can to be taken away and infringed upon because anyone or any group dislikes them, disagrees with them, or simply believes that they have the power to control the behavior of others. Socialist liberals... Pathetic lot... "Making a better world for all to exist in because we think it should be this way."

    The rights you speak dismissively of, were given to us by our creator from the moment we were born. Believe in any God you wish to. That's a right is it not? Shall we decree that it's illegal to worship a certain God because you say it's so? Sure Yea.. Good luck getting that one passed. You even get to exercise your right to articulate your ideas and speak your mind freely and without restriction. Shall we decree that only thoughts that adhere to your strict liberal ideals shall be spoken aloud? Yea... NO....
    Yea all worship King... How shall we your most loyal subjects, address you sire?

    Please... Keep regurgitating that liberal crap your professors have been feeding you... Talk about brainwashing? Yikes... Step away from the Kool-Aid... Was the Constitution or Bill of Rights read in class or did the professor just indicate the areas where he believed you could/should apply the White-Out ?

    In God we trust... Check the currency in your pocket...

    Check the Declaration of Independence...

    Check the Constitution...

    You will find mention of God there...

    "No one believes that the Bill of Rights is God given, unless you have been brain-washed by evangelism; which the majority of you seem to be." --Brain Washed Liberal...

    No one believes that the Bill of Rights was decreed by you. Irrefutable truth.
    So, I guess I'll just keep believing that God gave me my rights...

    Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

  2.   
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    How exactly are people out of control when they exercise their rights?

    The founders believed our rights came from our creator, they even said as much in our declaration of independence. True, god did not deliver the bill of rights from a mountain. But our rights came from our creator and governments were instituted to secure and protect these rights. The bill of rights does not give us any rights at all, it just protects those given to us either by nature or god, depending on your belief.
    CCW permit holders kill innocent people at least once a month. That is out of control. The lack of legislation preventing anyone from buying a gun is pathetic. I'm all for owning guns, but the fact that an individual can go buy a gun in the state of VA (my state) with a simple check is ludicrous. All responsible gun owners are responsible until they decide not to be. Nothing is stopping a pot dealer with no criminal records from buying a firearm to protect his sales. Any idiot can go to the store and buy a gun, take it home, load it, and accidentally blow his head off. That is utter lunacy. All you people complain about crime and violence but yet you won't support legislation to tighten the loose gun laws in place. Its not that I want guns gone, I want SOME sort of legislation that is reasonable. The problem with you right winger evangelical types is that you are not reasonable. You interpret the bible literally, believe it is your God given right to carry guns, and denounce everything that isn't branded wholesome and devil-free by your "pastors". And believe me, you individuals are the minority in America, and everyone knows it. Carrying guns around in a showboat fashion is not only insensitive but assholery. People die horrible deaths from gun violence and you sit back and push for guns on campuses. How insensitive are you to push guns on those people who have had loved ones taken away by what you advocate? You think they want to hear your ******** about how God wants you to take lives away? Hell no. All of you people will never have to use your guns and think you are doing something positive. Everyone here has their opinion and gung-ho attitudes about killing robbers and people in the street, yet not one of you has had to make that decision. All you do is speak of what you do not know, which is taking a human life.

    THE REASON GOD WAS INCLUDED IN THESE DOCUMENTS/CURRENCY WAS TO IRRITATE THE INTOLERANT NATURE OF BRITISH RULE. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CARRYING GUNS ALL OVER THE PLACE. GOD WAS INDICATED IN THESE DOCUMENTS TO REMIND US OF OUR RELIGIOUS FREEDOMS, NOT TO SERVE AS A ARGUMENT POINT FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE GOD GAVE THEM THE RIGHTS TO OWN GUNS. GOD GAVE YOU THE RIGHT TO RELIGIOUS FREEDOM. WHEN YOU MUDDLE THESE TWO IDEALS YOU GET A TWISTED VIEWPOINT THAT SERVES TO WEAKLY REINFORCE THE REASON TO CARRY A GUN. FIGURING, HEY, IF WE TWIST THE WORDS OF DEAD MEN OVER 250 YEARS AGO MAYBE WE HAVE A LEGITIMATE ARGUMENT. ********.


    /end rant

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    edge of freedom
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Liberal View Post
    CCW permit holders kill innocent people at least once a month. That is out of control. The lack of legislation preventing anyone from buying a gun is pathetic. I'm all for owning guns, but the fact that an individual can go buy a gun in the state of VA (my state) with a simple check is ludicrous. All responsible gun owners are responsible until they decide not to be. Nothing is stopping a pot dealer with no criminal records from buying a firearm to protect his sales. Any idiot can go to the store and buy a gun, take it home, load it, and accidentally blow his head off. That is utter lunacy. All you people complain about crime and violence but yet you won't support legislation to tighten the loose gun laws in place. Its not that I want guns gone, I want SOME sort of legislation that is reasonable. The problem with you right winger evangelical types is that you are not reasonable. You interpret the bible literally, believe it is your God given right to carry guns, and denounce everything that isn't branded wholesome and devil-free by your "pastors". And believe me, you individuals are the minority in America, and everyone knows it. Carrying guns around in a showboat fashion is not only insensitive but assholery. People die horrible deaths from gun violence and you sit back and push for guns on campuses. How insensitive are you to push guns on those people who have had loved ones taken away by what you advocate? You think they want to hear your ******** about how God wants you to take lives away? Hell no. All of you people will never have to use your guns and think you are doing something positive. Everyone here has their opinion and gung-ho attitudes about killing robbers and people in the street, yet not one of you has had to make that decision. All you do is speak of what you do not know, which is taking a human life.

    /end rant
    You should move to Canada, they share your misguided views. as for CCW holders killing at least one innocent person per month......prove it!!! you are way more liberal than conservative
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Liberal View Post
    CCW permit holders kill innocent people at least once a month. That is out of control. The lack of legislation preventing anyone from buying a gun is pathetic. I'm all for owning guns, but the fact that an individual can go buy a gun in the state of VA (my state) with a simple check is ludicrous. All responsible gun owners are responsible until they decide not to be. Nothing is stopping a pot dealer with no criminal records from buying a firearm to protect his sales. Any idiot can go to the store and buy a gun, take it home, load it, and accidentally blow his head off. That is utter lunacy. All you people complain about crime and violence but yet you won't support legislation to tighten the loose gun laws in place. Its not that I want guns gone, I want SOME sort of legislation that is reasonable. The problem with you right winger evangelical types is that you are not reasonable. You interpret the bible literally, believe it is your God given right to carry guns, and denounce everything that isn't branded wholesome and devil-free by your "pastors". And believe me, you individuals are the minority in America, and everyone knows it. Carrying guns around in a showboat fashion is not only insensitive but assholery. People die horrible deaths from gun violence and you sit back and push for guns on campuses. How insensitive are you to push guns on those people who have had loved ones taken away by what you advocate? You think they want to hear your ******** about how God wants you to take lives away? Hell no. All of you people will never have to use your guns and think you are doing something positive. Everyone here has their opinion and gung-ho attitudes about killing robbers and people in the street, yet not one of you has had to make that decision. All you do is speak of what you do not know, which is taking a human life.

    /end rant
    You speak of preventing the crime before it happens. That is the lunacy...
    Let's go and arrest and incarcerate the murderers before they kill? Huh? What him Say?
    I have used the Magic 8 Ball in the past and it lead me astray... Try again...
    Until you can come up with a foolproof solution to random violence, errant wrong doing, and perhaps fix the issue with unprovoked assault, I'll carry my gun when and where I choose. I have that right.

    Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

  6. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    You speak of preventing the crime before it happens. That is the lunacy...
    Let's go and arrest and incarcerate the murderers before they kill? Huh? What him Say?
    I have used the Magic 8 Ball in the past and it lead me astray... Try again...
    Until you can come up with a foolproof solution to random violence, errant wrong doing, and perhaps fix the issue with unprovoked assault, I'll carry my gun when and where I choose. I have that right.

    Peace...
    How much random violence requiring a firearm have you witnessed in your 35-40 years on this earth?

    And no where did I speak of preventing a crime before it occurs. You just made that up out of thin air.

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,900
    The right to life & liberty are natural human rights. They descend to us from God (or nature if you prefer) alone and they exist wholly & totally separate from any Government or Law or Court or Document. This was proven in the Warsaw Ghetto and at Sobibor and at Treblinka. Incumbent to these rights is the right to defend them by any means necessary or available, regardless of what any government says or how any court interprets.

    Originally Posted by Conservative Liberal
    CCW permit holders kill innocent people at least once a month.
    Since this happens so frequently I'm sure you have several links to back your claim up
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  8. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    The right to life & liberty are natural human rights. They descend to us from God (or nature if you prefer) alone and they exist wholly & totally separate from any Government or Law or Court or Document. This was proven in the Warsaw Ghetto and at Sobibor and at Treblinka. Incumbent to these rights is the right to defend them by any means necessary or available, regardless of what any government says or how any court interprets.



    Since this happens so frequently I'm sure you have several links to back your claim up
    NO ONE IS THREATENING YOUR LIFE.

    VPC - Concealed Carry Killers

    That should be an interesting read for you. Maybe God told them to do it? And read the PDF before you say it hasn't happened about once a month for the past 4 years. Even more than once. So what is your response to "only the bad guys kill people" "bad guys will get a gun no matter what". Maybe its all a hoax by the liberal media to put you guys in a bad light.

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    Too bad the moderate/centrist stance doesn't fit the "reasonable" mold.

    Things to Remember if you're not a Leftist/Socialist/Marxist/Whiney Libtard:

    "Shall not infringe" has an absolute, literal meaning. (long as it suits your ideology)

    Creators/Gods and "founders" have/had the crystal ball technology necessary to promulgate contemporary needs.

    ...That's why the Constitution was designed for change. How many amendments, now?

    Change can be good or bad. Resistance to change only for resitance' sake is bad, because "that's the way we've always done it."

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Liberal View Post

    THE REASON GOD WAS INCLUDED IN THESE DOCUMENTS/CURRENCY WAS TO IRRITATE THE INTOLERANT NATURE OF BRITISH RULE. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CARRYING GUNS ALL OVER THE PLACE. GOD WAS INDICATED IN THESE DOCUMENTS TO REMIND US OF OUR RELIGIOUS FREEDOMS, NOT TO SERVE AS A ARGUMENT POINT FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE GOD GAVE THEM THE RIGHTS TO OWN GUNS. GOD GAVE YOU THE RIGHT TO RELIGIOUS FREEDOM. WHEN YOU MUDDLE THESE TWO IDEALS YOU GET A TWISTED VIEWPOINT THAT SERVES TO WEAKLY REINFORCE THE REASON TO CARRY A GUN. FIGURING, HEY, IF WE TWIST THE WORDS OF DEAD MEN OVER 250 YEARS AGO MAYBE WE HAVE A LEGITIMATE ARGUMENT. ********.


    /end rant
    And this you have from the mouths of our Founding Fathers? Or was this more of the liberal crap your professors dumped into your young and impressionable brain? Wow. You must have some pretty thick notebooks... Hung on their every word I'm sure. Idol worship...

    The only twisting I see being done here, is you twisting what you perceive to be the intentions of our Founding Fathers to benefit your (dare we call it) argument. And I bet that if given the power to force your twisted views down the throat's of weak minded sheep, You would have your own little... What's the word? Commune? Dictatorship? Something the likes thereof... I'm glad you were not included at the document signing...

    What is the color of the sky there?

    Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Too bad the moderate/centrist stance doesn't fit the "reasonable" mold.

    Things to Remember if you're not a Leftist/Socialist/Marxist/Whiney Libtard:

    "Shall not infringe" has an absolute, literal meaning. (long as it suits your ideology)

    Creators/Gods and "founders" have/had the crystal ball technology necessary to promulgate contemporary needs.

    ...That's why the Constitution was designed for change. How many amendments, now?

    Change can be good or bad. Resistance to change only for resitance' sake is bad, because "that's the way we've always done it."
    So when they say "Gotta hand 'em over and give 'em up now boys".. What say you? BAHHHHHH... Or NO!

    "Can't carry that thing anymore." Will the answer be Well, OK... Or will you say NO?

    Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Open Carry Argument
    By Mainsail in forum Open Carry Discussion
    Replies: 611
    Last Post: 05-23-2017, 04:42 PM
  2. An open letter to President Obama from Jon Voight
    By HK4U in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-24-2010, 09:02 AM
  3. Open Letter To Glendale, AZ Councilmember & Mayor
    By milkmood in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 07:11 PM
  4. An Open Letter to Obama
    By HK4U in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-11-2010, 09:19 AM
  5. Polymer Composite Lower Receiver
    By Red Hat in forum Long Guns Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 01:30 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast