Sirius radio!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sirius radio!!!

Angry Sirius radio!!!

Long story short, my Sirius radio in my PU was due for renewal sometime soon... looking at my VISA statement showed they hit my CC for $482.00!!!

Outraged I called them and they explained it was an automatic renewal for 3 years... I replied you never called, e mailed, or snail mailed me for authorization, I never agreed to this so just refund the whole thing and cancel my service, that satellite radio was not worth that much when I can get local FM for free.....

They transfered me to someone to cancel and they offered me a deal on 1 year and I agreed to it with a refund to my CC for the difference......

60 days go by still no refund so I call them, yes I have a close to $400.00 credit on my account, I ask why was it not put on my CC and they say... get this they do not have my CC no to refund it to!!!!

I ask them how the heck did they just go and with out my authorization charge my CC for the 482, but were unable to have my CC no to refund it, further how is it that they never bothered to call, mail, or e mail me telling me I had a credit????

Yeah lots of excises with apologies but no answers, but the swore up an down it will be on my card within the next 10-14 business days, and I said that is what you said last time, and I want interest!!!

in 10 days I will be on the phone to them again this time I want a supervisor and not some phone hack, so beware if you have a Sirius account!!!
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Never realized how expensive it is. Internet radio is also free.
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan .When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

4. I have an XM account, but now that they have merged, I'll be watchful. Thanks.
    Slow is Steady
    Steady is Fast

5. Call your Credit Card company (number on the back of the charge) and tell them you never authorized the charges and when you called them they wouldn't credit you back. They will pretty much IMMEDIATELY reverse the charges. What really happens is they also take the money they issued the merchant back immediately and the burden falls on the merchant to prove they are owed the money. As a merchant, I can tell you it isn't easy to do, especially in a situation like yours where the CC company will ultimately just tell them that you are saying you didn't authorize it so they can terminate your service and all is well.

Worse case, call them and tell them if they don't issue a credit IMMEDIATELY, that is what you will do. It is electronic, there is no reason you can't get a credit instantly, or at least overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by hopperx6 View Post
    Call your Credit Card company (number on the back of the charge) and tell them you never authorized the charges and when you called them they wouldn't credit you back. They will pretty much IMMEDIATELY reverse the charges. What really happens is they also take the money they issued the merchant back immediately and the burden falls on the merchant to prove they are owed the money. As a merchant, I can tell you it isn't easy to do, especially in a situation like yours where the CC company will ultimately just tell them that you are saying you didn't authorize it so they can terminate your service and all is well.

Worse case, call them and tell them if they don't issue a credit IMMEDIATELY, that is what you will do. It is electronic, there is no reason you can't get a credit instantly, or at least overnight.
    +1.....One call to the Card Company that this was unauthorized, they'll immediately reverse the charge.

I have Sirius, will watch out for them!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

7. Dang and i was eyeballing Sirius since i can't get good FM radio in the format i like locally.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobashadow View Post
    Dang and i was eyeballing Sirius since i can't get good FM radio in the format i like locally.
    Oh you can still get it just don't give them a CC no and do not accept their first offer....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

9. Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Oh you can still get it just don't give them a CC no and do not accept their first offer....

first offer?

Is there better offers for new customers?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Tobashadow View Post
    first offer?

Is there better offers for new customers?
    first offer is usually the full price for a year of service, then they have the 1/2 price and 1/3 price for the same service if you hold out, and forgo the "CD quality" and INTERNET Access upgrades, you can get free INTERNET music on pandora.....

I have had Sirius for years, and no issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast