Electricity for dummies

Thread: Electricity for dummies

Thumbs down Electricity for dummies

Man electrocuted in botched copper wire theft, police say - CNN.com

They didn't read the section of the manual where it says, "Caution, stealing electrical wiring out of abandoned buildings can result in getting the shock of a lifetime."

When I worked for a power company I heard of more than one person having to be removed from poles that were electrocuted while trying to steal copper from overhead power lines that were still energized. I also had to do a lot of investigating accidents for the legal department. Some of the cases I helped with you would not believe and were Darwin cantidates for sure.

4. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Man electrocuted in botched copper wire theft, police say - CNN.com

They didn't read the section of the manual where it says, "Caution, stealing electrical wiring out of abandoned buildings can result in getting the shock of a lifetime."

He got the shock of a life time.....What a shocking experiance......That was electrofying......he was energized.....Look kids this is how you do it. Some body is going to pay big time... I see the power of bottom feeder griding up now. The tax payer are going to be shock when they find out how much we are going to be burnt. His wife wired out and could not shunt her mouth. O well.... at least he can't upload anymore wire nuts.
    I wonder if they were illegal aliens and now we are payingfor two more anchor babies??
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Happens around SPFLD. IL all the time and we have a very small Hispanic community. Has all to do with druggie thinking and not origin. That said if you grew up with out electricity it could be a new concept.

not so smart.. well shouldn't be stealing in the first place.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

I really is hard to drum up any sympathy for this couple. The only ones I feel for are the children, be they "anchor babies" or not.
    The Iceman, Akron, Oh
    Shoot straight and be safe...

Quote Originally Posted by PaulIcemanMc View Post
    I really is hard to drum up any sympathy for this couple.
    My thoughts exactly.