Possible Credit Card Offer Scam.

Thread: Possible Credit Card Offer Scam.

Exclamation Possible Credit Card Offer Scam.

I checked my mail the other day and received two credit card offers. The first one was from Captial One, not a surprise as I routinely receive offers from them. The second was from "Credit One" and the stationary used a logo that was very similar to the Capital One logo. My suspicious side thinks that this might be a copy-cat scam.

I shreaded both offers so I can't post the logos. Has anyone else received a credit card offer from "Credit One"?

All credit card offers are scams. Don't fall for any of them. And if you have, cancel them, cut them up, and pay them off.

Quote Originally Posted by uscg4good View Post
    All credit card offers are scams. Don't fall for any of them. And if you have, cancel them, cut them up, and pay them off.
    Agree except for the "cancel them" part. If you pay them off and cut them up but leave the accounts open you have more open credit vs your debt, which can help with getting loans, etc.

I saw it coming....if you need to get a loan, you can't afford it anyway. So why bother.

Plagiarized my very thoughts, LOL.

I watch those STUPID tv commercials telling people how fast life moves when they use credit cards. Then I stand in line behind a line of idiots while they figure out how to swipe it, sign it, fumble to return it to its rightful place amongst the legions of others.

USE CASH! The only way out of the store faster than cash is theft.

The bankers are LAUGHING at us. We eat up their propaganda chocolates as fast as the fart them out. If our government had HALF a brain between them all they'd abolish the federal reserve, and the interest we wouldn't be paying them to digitize our money would have the country in the black in no time. We're ALL slaves to the banks

YouTube - The Federal Reserve Scam
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

The frozen tundra!! Also known as Minnesota
    I saw it coming....if you need to get a loan, you can't afford it anyway. So why bother.
    Some of us can't drop 100K or more on a new house without credit.
    MN Permit to Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, PPITH
    NRA Life Member, 3 x Iraq War Vet

Quote Originally Posted by buckslayer View Post
    Some of us can't drop 100K or more on a new house without credit.
    That's different Home ownership is "The American Dream" or it was before the Democrats forced banks into handing out loans to people they knew couldn't pay them back.

My grandfather couldn't afford a home when he came here in 1900, so he scrimped and saved to buy a piece of land, and used engine crates from Pratt and Whitney aircraft company and scrap lumber to build three walls of a house, where they lived in CT through a winter with a canvas for one wall and a roof, and he finished it in the spring. It wasn't til about 1955 they put indoor plumbing in. Now, it's one of the nicest houses in Newington CT. Still has shipping crates in some of the walls.

Everyone in this country wants instant gratification. We're the only country in the world where people feel entitled to be happy, and still few are. When we work and save for things, we appreciate them more.

Where can you get a house for $100 K ? I'll take two!
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

The frozen tundra!! Also known as Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    Where can you get a house for $100 K ? I'll take two!
    The $100K was just an example. But actually in Minnesota with the ecomony as crappy as it is, if you don't mind living in the cities you can get houses pretty cheap for fixer-uppers. I know people who have bought houses for around $30-40k and remodeled them. You'd never have guessed they paid that little for them!
    MN Permit to Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, PPITH
    NRA Life Member, 3 x Iraq War Vet