9 volt battery warning!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 9 volt battery warning!

Exclamation 9 volt battery warning!

Early this morning I awoke to a loud POP! almost sounded like a .22 short going off. I got up looked around the kitchen (which is where the sound came from) and found nothing at first.....

As I headed out the door to take care of critters I found this 9 volt battery, the wife had bought several to put in smoke detectors but had not done so yet.

They were sitting all grouped together not touching anything, but one of them well look at the photos...

Why it did this a single cell exploded possible plugged vent, but note it is of Chinese manufacture. So if you have some of this brand beware!!!

"The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

What do you expect from a made in China "Junkie" country! I still get a kick out of it people ***** they want "made in America". Till they see the price of well made US products then they ***** about the cost and go back to buying Chinese. Glade it worked out for you and it didn't burn the house down.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

We usually get the chicom battery's for the kids to pirate, and have to keep the Energizers locked in the gun safe so when I need a good one they will not have gone missing faster than a small popcorn in the movie theater....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Never ever but a non American made battery in a smoke detector!
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    We usually get the chicom battery's for the kids to pirate, and have to keep the Energizers locked in the gun safe so when I need a good one they will not have gone missing faster than a small popcorn in the movie theater....
    LOL Your smoke detectors are not hardwired? I keep a few 9V's kicking around for starting fires when out camping. I have had my share of china made battery's exploding and man it sucks. My last D mag light had to be throw away because the battery's exploded inside it.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

On vacation one time I dropped a couple of Lithium AA batteries in my pocket in case we needed them for the camera. We were walking along and all of a sudden I felt my leg burning and my pocket getting HOT. I reached in and one of the batteries was HOT. It had gotten shorted out by coming in contact with the other junk in my pocket. From now on I always make sure they are wrapped in something or can't come in contact with anything to short them out.

LOL His smoke detector burned his house down.

The minute I started reading that post I glanced at the photo and my mind said CHINESESHIT! THe only way I'll buy ANYTHING from another country is if there's no alternative, they are the only ones who make a product I need/want. Took me a while to learn, but I did.

We put a huge addition on here for the inlaws and we were forced to hard wire the entire house. I HATE it! I was cursing it as I ripped one from the ceiling the other morning at 6:00 and there's a fireman standing in my dining room listening to me, LOL. MOtherinlaw had an episode and they called 911 and my wife let them in our side of the house to see what was up with the alarms going off. They can keep their hard wire. I'm putting the old style 9 volter back in our house. They can sue me.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

I had that happen in my Chrony. I heard a loud pop and couldn't find what it was. A few days later i wanted to chronograph some 45's I had loaded and found the battery a similar condition. It wasn't connected and didn't short out. It just went off on its own. Mine was a Eveready. It probably was made in China too...
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

What do you expect from a Chicom battery called "Thunderbolt"?

I have never seen this before, although I usually buy name brand battery's.

DJ58
    "Victory at all cost Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without Victory there is no survival."
    (Winston Churchill)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast