Delta Airlines!!! Again!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta Airlines!!! Again!!!

Angry Delta Airlines!!! Again!!!

OK Rant mode ON!

Over the Thanksgiving holiday my army girl was coming home for the first time in 4 years for turkey day with family. At the airport in time her flight but guess what it left 30 minutes early stranding her for over 24 hours, missing Thanksgiving with the family, missing her black Friday shopping, missing several other events, the airline DELTA....

Different airport at the terminal today several hours early for her flight home for Christmas leave. She has damaged her knee and is wearing a metal knee brace, between bad check in and security that screwed around excessivley, and again her flight left 30 minutes early guess what... She is currently stranded at the airport trying to get a flight home.....

So thanks Delta for (no I will not use the adjectives I want to, but feel free to use your imagination of what I would like to say) ROYALLY MESSING UP MY DAUGHTER LEAVE AGAIN, robing her of her time home with family and friends, leave time, would not get her a wheel chair to help her to her flight, would not call and tell them to hold, and then left early....

Yeah I have a bucket load of 4 letter adjectives I could express about how I feel now!!!

Feel free to pass this on!!!
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Wow that sux. What's with them leaving early? I've never had that happen ever. Are they giving her a refund or anything or just putting her on the next available flight?

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Red face

Why did she use them again? Nothing else available?
    Last edited by sFe; 12-20-2010 at 11:04 AM. Reason: stupid phone added smiley somehow
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan .When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

I forwarded this link to a buddy of mine at Delta. If you want to PM me with any specifics I'll send that to him also.
    You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by badarac View Post
    I forwarded this link to a buddy of mine at Delta. If you want to PM me with any specifics I'll send that to him also.
    Thanks when she gets here I will have access to her flight information (number etc) in more detail.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Soverign State of Poverty Knob near Tennessee
    It is a true shame that she even has to fly commercially. Since the TSA has started with the enhanced groping, I refuse to fly ANYWHERE! When my rights are restored, I'll think about getting airborne in a commercial bird.

I truely hope your daughter does not have any further problems and your Christmas is Merry.

Agreed. We didn't bother booking our usual Caribbean week this year. Stayed home, put the money into our daughters college fund. Next year is our 20th anniversary. I don't care if we skip flying again either. The airlines are abusive enough on their own, never mind the TSA on top of it all. We totally LOST one Caribbean vacation we had booked about ten days after 9 11. Our child was small and we both decided it was too risky to fly. My wife is BIG on buying every kind of insurance under the sun, and was sure we could opt out for a refund. There, on the back in very fine print, the insurance policy said "Does not cover terrorism". I'd never even HEARD of terrorism! I'll be just as happy staying home. Screw the airlines AND the TSA.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

I bet the Plane left when it was fully loaded. She was probably flying stand by.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    OK Rant mode ON!

Over the Thanksgiving holiday my army girl was coming home for the first time in 4 years for turkey day with family. At the airport in time her flight but guess what it left 30 minutes early stranding her for over 24 hours, missing Thanksgiving with the family, missing her black Friday shopping, missing several other events, the airline DELTA....

Different airport at the terminal today several hours early for her flight home for Christmas leave. She has damaged her knee and is wearing a metal knee brace, between bad check in and security that screwed around excessivley, and again her flight left 30 minutes early guess what... She is currently stranded at the airport trying to get a flight home.....

So thanks Delta for (no I will not use the adjectives I want to, but feel free to use your imagination of what I would like to say) ROYALLY MESSING UP MY DAUGHTER LEAVE AGAIN, robing her of her time home with family and friends, leave time, would not get her a wheel chair to help her to her flight, would not call and tell them to hold, and then left early....

Yeah I have a bucket load of 4 letter adjectives I could express about how I feel now!!!

Feel free to pass this on!!!
    This is aweful. Flown Delta for over 20 years and never had this happen. Even full Delta does not leave early (ever in my experience). They will shut their doors 15 minutes prior to pulling away from the gate.

Questions:

- What airport? Sounds like something going on at a hub, maybe on a partner airline?

- Flying regular fare or standby?
    Islander's Law: Registration is Preparation for Confiscation

Was she traveling in uniform? Could of made a BIG difference.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast