What do you guys do for a living? - Page 15
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you guys do for a living?

frank.macher Guest
    Wow, I must not have seen this one when I got here. 4 Years Active Army, 22 years + Army National Guard, 21 years as a Military Technician working in various jobs, Logistics, Chemical Defense, Intelligence (yeah I know oxymoron), Communications, Training, etc.
    Boy Scout Asst Scoutmaster for the last 7 years, before that Cub Scouts Commitee Chair/Den Leader etc. Merit Badge Counselor for BSA, Order of the Arrow Member of BSA...
    Reserve Deputy Sheriff for Lenawee County, about 2 years now.

Lots of different stuff... Would love to retire, I think, but the way the economy is, can't see it.

boyzoi Guest

Talking Wow

talk about diverse!!!.....I'm in the health industry, not your typical pharmiceuticals, but homeopathic nutrition sales and consultation. as part of that a hobby is raising honeybees tried the exoctic dancer tips dropped off in cold weather

An update on me. I just got laid off from my job at the local university, so all I'm doing is security now. The reason that was given to me for losing my job is that they only want students working there now. I complained that all new and future hires should be subject to this new policy, not people who are already employed, but this argument fell upon deaf ears.

I'm retired. I worked for General Motors for 30 some odd years. They were very odd years, indeed! I'm not yet tired of being retired.

6. I am an Adult Education Instructor. Teach Tool and Die work, OSHA Safety Trainer, and Lift Truck training all over the state of Ohio. Based out of the Lorain County JVS.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    I'm retired. I worked for General Motors for 30 some odd years. They were very odd years, indeed! I'm not yet tired of being retired.
    Gee, that must be nice. I don't ever get a day off, so when I'm able to get to the point where I don't have to go to work at all, that would be awesome!

Let me add to my post: I'm retired but I still earn a living, I just don't drive to work or work in a factory every day. I write online, and I quilt, and I make money, but all from home. I'm now doing what I love to do, not what I need to do to make a living. It's much better this way! It's a heck of lot more fun when I can be creative and not be pressured into bringing home that almighty paycheck!

9. Retired is a state of mind.

U.S. Navy

Army-2 yrs
    Navy- 8yrs
    Nat. Guard- 1 year
    Navy- 7 years
    Had a 5 year break in service.
    Jim
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power."
    Yoshimi Ishikawa

11. I work in the the IT area as well I was recently laid off from the Kentucky Lottery :(

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast