What do you guys do for a living? - Page 21
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you guys do for a living?

As fortunate as I am to be working, I may have to give up security soon. My duty belt is causing me lower back pain.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    As fortunate as I am to be working, I may have to give up security soon. My duty belt is causing me lower back pain.
    Time to switch to a "load bearing vest".

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I work in the IT field for the first 40 - am a painting contractor for about 20 hours a week and do real estate the rest of the time. I relax at the range :)

I am a Soldier, seems like I live in Iraq and have tours to the US..LOL. But I love my job!
    Anyone wanting to know anything about Iraq or Iraqis drop me a line or if anyone wants to know anything about the Army as of current, I can tell you as much as I know..(without having to kill you of course.)
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.-Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Time to switch to a "load bearing vest".

gf
    You're not the first to have told me that. I, however, don't think that those vests look very professional; leave the SWAT team gear for SWAT teams.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

..... another security guard at our company.
    Thank You Sir, I seriously thought about going that way. Brinks, Total or some one like that. Maybe a little less stress. Maybe in the Sun Belt some where.
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    Thank You Sir, I seriously thought about going that way. Brinks, Total or some one like that. Maybe a little less stress. Maybe in the Sun Belt some where.
    If you want less stress, get a job working in a cubicle in an office somewhere. Don't do security.

Benjamin Franklin

Certified real estate appraiser.

I am a Force Protection Agent for the DOD right now in Iraq. I am also a Body Guard, protection agent is the new PC term, but I am actualy a problem solver for people with money. I have worked 5 years in Iraq, 1 1/2 in Afghanistan, and have traveled the world protecting people from all walks of life. I am retired from the Army SOF, and in my free time I am working on getting upgrade to a USCG Captains license. Working in Camp Korean Village right now on the Syrian border. I live in Miami, but do DOS contract work up and down the coast. I am also a InSights Training Center Instructor, and if you need some realistic, tested training, just ask, and I can put you in touch with Greg Hamilton. Oak out

Keep the abdominal muscles in shape.

Having broken my back twice on aprachute jumps, I feel for you, but what I have found helps me out is a good center core training workout, which strengthens the abdomen, and lower back. Believe me, if you don't keep up on it the back will let you know. I have to wear body armor sometimes 10 hours a day, and it is imperative you have a good strong core. Oak out

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast