What do you guys do for a living? - Page 26
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you guys do for a living?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick O'Shay View Post
    I notice you never worked in Mall Security, you damned wanna be!

Nope never worked in Mall Security. But I am Irish. LOL William Richard Hurley
    Det. Sgt. Retired

Financial Controls & IT in the metals industry.
    Previously worked in airline operations.

Hoping to start the next Fortune 100 company...
    Fred's News
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - - Thomas Jefferson, 1791

4. I worked 20 years in the mining industry...Eleven years underground in coal in West Virginia and 9 in surface sand mining in South Carolina. I now roast coffee for a multinational company .They don't like us talking about it to strangers but our company mascot is a shirtless tramp that hangs out with sailors.... I work part time and full time on layoffs guarding state buildings in South Carolina. This fall I am going back to graduate school for a while.

General Manager of a granite fabrication shop. We do mostly counter tops and tub decks and such.

Plant Superintendent for Metal Container Corp., a wholly owned subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch InBev. We make the beer cans ;)

26 years in Law Enforcement as an E911 Communications Officer for a regional center housed in our local PD. Contract with 24 Towns and 56 agencies in two States...cover about 900 sq miles.

Also the Local Police Union President and Regional VP for the New England Police Benevolent Association.

When I'm not working my "real job" I own a consulting firm providing nationwide services assisting with Americans with Disabilites Act (ADA) compliance and am an expert witness related to ADA, Access and Disability Policy. (I am a person with a disability and a wheelchair user since 1985.) Trust me there is nothing more glamorous than spending the day measuring toilets. LOL

8. I am a Materials Manager - purchasing, inventory, production related issues for a manufacturing comapny. Sounds boring but it really is challenging.

Currently a Sgt. at a University....at least until I finish the free education they provide. I got burned out on technical jobs (helicopter mechanic, parts author, engine test tech, etc, etc). I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by USMC268 View Post
    Currently a Sgt. at a University....at least until I finish the free education they provide. I got burned out on technical jobs (helicopter mechanic, parts author, engine test tech, etc, etc). I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up!

Son, anyone who make's it through Parris or Treasure Island is all grown up the day they graduate.
    Semper Fi!
    Bill

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtbill View Post
    Son, anyone who make's it through Parris or Treasure Island is all grown up the day they graduate.
    Semper Fi!
    Bill
    +1, SgtBill
    Semper Fi!

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast