What do you guys do for a living? - Page 28
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you guys do for a living?

Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Vet View Post
    See, saved your day. Why waste 14 minutes 37.3 seconds of your time reading that junk about what I have done in my life, starting at age 13 skinning cat because I was too small to fall or buck. Actually, it started when I was 9, riding on the D-8 armrest and unhooking the chokers when we got to the landing. Who gives a ***** about stuff like that. Nothing interesting about my life. Good, went from 9 years old to boss at 61 with only 102 words. MUCH better. Just a bunch of different kinds of work in between anyway.
    Just line no one cares I was working my Uncles farm at 10 picking up hay bales in the field, taking care of cattle, or had my bicycle stolen while I was getting a work permit at age 15 so I could get a job a K mart.... Oh look another cat......
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Just line no one cares I was working my Uncles farm at 10 picking up hay bales in the field, taking care of cattle, or had my bicycle stolen while I was getting a work permit at age 15 so I could get a job a K mart.... Oh look another cat......
    Yeah, I have met a LOT of "no one"s in my life, you are 100% correct about them.

BUT, since I am NOT a "no one", I find stuff like that really interesting. At 9 again, I was running that hay rake, Dad pulled it behind the pickup, but the next year, when I was 10, Dad had Pompil rake it and bale it too! No more loose hay to move with pitch forks!

Ut oh, I just looked at the clock/date. I haven't been in bed since Sunday and that thing says it is Tuesday, so, gotta get a couple hours sleep, cause I got a lot of work that needs to get done today.

What a bunch of interesting people!

I am doing millwright work. Was a Predictive Maintenance Technician before the other mill shut down because of the economy. Infrared, vibration analysis, ultrasound, precision and preventive maintenance, etc. Veteran, been an undertaker, and a carpenter.
    Doing freelance photography on the side. Part-time inventor on the side. Currently designing a combination lawn mower/baby stroller!Just kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Don't you know that most of us here are ADD you cannot hold our attention for more than 30 seconds then..... Oh look a cat outside......

LMAO!!! Sad, but mostly true. Oregon, if you would post the link to your essay, I wouldn't mind reading it though.
    "If an awalu [freeman] should blind the eye of another awalu [freeman], they shall blind his eye."
    -Hammurabi (1792-1750 B.C.E.)

I'd tell you ... but then I'd have to kill myself ... or something like that, I think ... oh look, a cat.

I'm a Certified Public Accountant - but you wouldn't know it to look at me: 6ft 2 in, 280, bald, goatee, tatoos. Obviously, I don't work for the big accounting firms. Have my own business with another CPA partner.

JJFlash

Professional Pilot and Aircraft Maintenance Technician.....NO! I don't fly for the airlines either.
    An ARMED individual is a CITIZEN! ...An UNARMED individual is a SUBJECT!

General Contractor and Construction Manager

I drive a oil truck -propane truck,,In the north east-United State

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast