What do you guys do for a living? - Page 30
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys do for a living?

what do you do for a living

i' retired, 20%service connected disability,100% social security disabled. would much rather be back in the army.

3. I retired from Louisiana Office of Mental Health after 29 years as a licensed mental health professional. Then a few months after Katrina, relocated up to Montana and worked as a probation officer for two years in Missoula County. Live up in the Bitter Root Valley and it is mighty pretty country!

Let's see...carpenter, computer programmer, intelligence spook, college professor, securities broker, now a certified public accountant. No, I don't get TOO restless...

bartender/bar owner/concept consult

I'm a retired Mortgage Broker, when the mortgage business went to he--, I decided to retire.
    So far I am living, but under the Obama program, I don't know what kind of future living this will be.
    "My choices in life were
    either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician.. And to tell
    the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman

Semi-professional musician, airline maintenance manager, constant daydreamer. I'm also "we," and that keeps me really busy. In case your verbage is a little different, whenever my wife sayd that "we" are going to do something around the house, go to the grocery store, or all sorts of other stuff, I become "we." That is more of a full time job than pretty much anything else I do. Wouldn't trade it for the world, though!!

Until I was wounded in the line of duty, I was a security guard (which a search on the earlier pages of this thread will reveal). My arm is now about 70% functional now and I am employed as a substitute teacher.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Software QA engineer, failure analysis/test engineer, field service engineer, former ASE and Toyota certified Master Automobile Technician... Worn a few hats and I do get restless some times.

Novice carpenter and electrician (here at home and when my brother-in-law needs some assistance... I get asked to setup home theater systems on occasion...

I'd rather do it myself than pay someone else if I feel confident in my ability to get the job done.
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Let's see...carpenter, computer programmer, intelligence spook, college professor, securities broker, now a certified public accountant. No, I don't get TOO restless...
    Damn! What do you do in your spare time?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Until I was wounded in the line of duty, I was a security guard (which a search on the earlier pages of this thread will reveal). My arm is now about 70% functional now and I am employed as a substitute teacher.
    What subjects do you teach?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast