Our National Anthem

Thread: Our National Anthem

1. Our National Anthem

I recieved this from my father today and wanted to share it with all of you. Have a Happy and Safe New Year!

YouTube - The story behind the "Star Spangled Banner" our National Anthem

If it did not load as a link then Either copy/paste it or if someone could fix it for me that would be better.

Awesome! I don't like when singers jazz it up. These five children sing it straight forward amazingly. I think America is celebrated in song more than any other nation.

YouTube - "The Star-Spangled Banner" ...Like You've Never Heard It Before!

YouTube - America, The Beautiful : Ray Charles '91
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

Nice historical info. The War of 1812 doesn't seem to get much attention these days. Even the narrorator called the States "Colonies." Granted, the war basically ended in a stalemate. But it seemed to be their/our way of growing from the "Don't Tread on Me" mindset that was had at that time.

The Star Spangled Banner is a powerful song, both lyrically and musically. I have been told that singers will sometimes opt for singing "America the Beautiful," because it is an easier song to sing!

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    The Star Spangled Banner is a powerful song, both lyrically and musically!
    Apparently the so called commander in chief does not agree with you.

"As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides," Obama said. "There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it."

Barack Obama Explains Why He Didn't Follow Protocol During the National Anthem-Fiction!

One of many disagreements then!

Quote Originally Posted by emt232004 View Post
    Apparently the so called commander in chief does not agree with you.

"As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides," Obama said. "There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it."

Barack Obama Explains Why He Didn't Follow Protocol During the National Anthem-Fiction!
    You do realize the link you cited even says that it's fiction(fake)...
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan .When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by sFe View Post
    You do realize the link you cited even says that it's fiction(fake)...
    Is this better?

The Raw Story | No hand over heart from Obama during national anthem
    "A video of the event in question, obtained by ABC News, shows Obama with his hands firmly clasped in front of him during the song. Meanwhile, rival Democratic candidates Gov. Bill Richardson (D-AZ) and Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY) strike a traditional anthem pose beside him, holding their right hands over their hearts."

Barack Obama Captured on Tape Not Putting His Hand Over His Heart During The National Anthem - Hannity - FOXNews.com
    "The Democratic presidential hopeful is captured on film at a steak fry sponsored by Iowa Senator Tom Harkin. A closer look shows that Obama, unlike his Democratic colleagues, isn't putting his hand over his heart during the national anthem. Can you believe this? That's an outrage."

President Obama To Order Pelvic Salute
    "“I am all about change,” Democratic hopeful Barack Hussein Obama told reporters recently, “and above all, I like to be hip.” Questioned about his well-known disrespect for the flag and repeated failure to place his hand over his heart—as suggested by federal statute (1)—Obama bristled at the suggestion that it was somehow unpatriotic to hold his crotch during the national anthem. "

Barack Obama Fails to Salute the Flag? - BreakTheChain.org
    "An Obama campaign spokesman interviewed by Inside Edition defended the senator's actions by saying "sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't" and claiming that this in no way implies a statment. His campaign also provided evindence of several instances in which he was captured properly saluting during the National Anthem (those photos can be viewed at the MediaMatters.org link below."