$600 burn'n a hole.. What to buy!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $600 burn'n a hole.. What to buy!

$600 burn'n a hole.. What to buy!

Ok. I have some birthday money and and a refund check from my morgage company and have decided to treat myself to something. The only problem is deciding on what. Here is what I currently have:

Kimber Ultra Carry II (my carry piece)
    -A custom build AR 15
    -A New England Firearms single shot 20 gauge
    -A Russian Mosin Nagant M44

Some stuff I was thinking about was:
    -An aimpoint/mount for the AR
    -I looked at a Walther P22 with the 5in barrel kit
    -A used Sig P225/P6 9mm
    -A stripped AR lower
    -Another gun I could use as a bug or a carry gun if something happened to the Kimber.
    -Some kind of 5in pistol

To many choices not enough money! lol

Well I have a Sig 225 and it is a fine weapon. It was the first auto I bought for a carry gun in the early 90's. Have you considered a fighting shot gun?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I'd go for the BUG. I'm a firm believer in having a spare. We carry a spare tire for our cars, why not a BUG for our lives....

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Well I have a Sig 225 and it is a fine weapon. It was the first auto I bought for a carry gun in the early 90's. Have you considered a fighting shot gun?

I did actually look at a Mossberg 12 gauge 18 1/2" pump with a pistol grip and collapsible stock. So yes that was an option also.

Sounds like a good combat shotgun, would round out your list quite well.
    An armed society is a polite society.

A new BUG would be my choice although a good .22 would be nice for cheap practice. Look around for $600 you probably could get both.:)
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

echo_5 Guest
    For $600 I'd get a 12ga. Mossberg and mags + ammo for whatever you got as I see a dem getting elected. A buddy and I are hoarding beta c-mags as an investment.

9. I here your dad is a very nice person you could get him somthing nice, After all lookat all he as done for you (a nice 9mm would work) :D

10. Just kiding! I would go for the 12ga

echo_5 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KimberRB View Post
    Just kiding! I would go for the 12ga
    Yeah. buy your dad a shotgun:D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast