Dog in the hospital - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Dog in the hospital

Yep, it hurts

Sorry for your loss. Had to help a couple Danes and a Mastiff cross over to Valhalla. I told them they were going for a walk before the vet did his thing. Got a tail thump each time. It hurts even now while my Neapolitan is snoring beside me. Remember the good times.
    Too much of a good thing is not enough.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    So I had to bring one of our dogs to the hospital last night, a 10 year old Labrador Retriever. She got really lethargic and noticed some swelling in her abdomen. After a bunch of tests it wound up being internal bleeding. She had to have a blood transfusion overnight which sounds like it went well. Now we're just waiting around for some other test and an ultrasound to find out what the problem is and then probably go into surgery. Guess its all part of being a pet owner but man does this suck. And I just can't stand the waiting part. I"m sure a few of you here have been through it before but this is my first pet to pass. She's one I "adopted" when my wife and I moved in together as she was her's. I have my own two that are only about 3 years old.
    Sorry about that. We have a 10 year old Beagle that I call "Smelly". Her real name is Brownie, but I call her Smelly because she smells, no matter how much we bathe her. She is the only one who greets me at the door when I get home from work, but I can tell she is getting older and weaker. I can remember the day we brought her home when she was a puppy, and it makes me hurt inside. I have seen dead people that did not move me in the way it does when I think that she will probably be gone soon. Funny how that works. Hand in there and remember that you will, someday when you reach the end of your road, see her again after she has gone to her destination.

Sorry for your loss Luke! I've had to have several put down over the years and my last one was a Lab also. She had a large cancerous mass that put pressure on her lungs and heart. It's extremely hard to lose one like that. They are family...
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

5. Red face Dog in the hospital

A peaceful place for your deserving and loyal friend. I have a 14 yr old yellow lab struggling. It never gets easier.
    We had to put a K-9 officer down recently, a friend and fellow officer. Some people don't understand, a K-9 is more than a working dog they will sacrifice their live for the owner / handler. On duty it is business, off duty they play with the family and receive a ton of hugs and love. They are still a dog and a loyal friend. Remember this, "When they pass on they take with some of the memories and love you both share, they also leave some with us."

May God bless your loyal and faithful Friend,

Papa #214

I am so sorry for your loss, I had to put my best friend down last May a day after my wife's birthday.

[IMG][/IMG]
    kerstingm, NRA Member, CCW Permit,CZ 75B, CZ 75PCR compact, Kimber Ultra Aegis II 9mm, Kimber Ultra Raptor 45, Beretta Px4 Storm 9mm S/C, Sig P229, Ruger Super Redhawk 44 Mag, Taurus PT1911, DPMS AR15, Mossberg 930 SPX 12 Gauge, Beretta AL 390 12 Gauge

7. Sorry to hear of your loss, I know how attached one can get to pets, condolences.

8. Sorry to here about your pet, I lost mine of 17yrslast Feb.26 and I still am heart broken.

You have my sympathies, I came to dogs late in life when the last of the neighbors puppies decide to trundle over and play with me. That was Rosie, 5 years ago and now I am not only no longer afraid of dogs but have 2 of my own, Rosie was the reason why I met my wife and with her dog and the neighbors that comes over every day there's now 4 draped on the 2 couches!

Loosing one of your dogs is a hard thing to go through and I dread that time. But keep in mind that dogs may live shorter lives but they don't have to learn to love, they are born with it. And they live happy lives and do enjoy our company.

10. red396

sorry about your dog,i have beed there.google Where to bury your dog,by Ben Hur Lampman,it ran in guns and ammo in 1976 when gene hill lost his his dog gypsy.

11. Your Lab was a beautiful dog

To lukem, I am very sorry for the loss of your Lab and understand exactly what you are going through as four weeks ago tomorrow, my wife and I lost our Katie at 12 1/2, a Keeshond/Shepherd mix. This is week four and for us it is no better than week one and my wife and I still have complete meltdowns. So don't be ashamed to just let go. I've had to drink more water for fear of tear dehydration. It's still hard to fathom that we will never see that happy face in this house again and even with our American Eskimo, Mindy, still here, there is an unnatural, refrigerator-hum kind of quiet in this house. They used to play off each other and protect the house from evil postmen. The fire has just gone out in Mindy. She is 10 years old and has never known a day without her older packmate, Katie.

I have to refer back to what shendron said in an earlier post -

Quote Originally Posted by shendron
    To lose a beloved pet is monstrous. I lost one a little over a year ago and it was the singular most emotionally devastating event in my 70 years and will sting the rest of my life.
    I can apply that same sentiment to my 65 years. Never a day will go by for the rest of my life that I won't think of and miss my Katie and I am certain the same will be true for you. Your Lab was a beautiful dog. Here are a few quotes from those who really understand what it is to lose one of these close family members just to let you know that you are not alone in your grief -

Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of our own lives.
    --John Galsworthy (author - The Forsyte Saga)
    If you have a dog, you will most likely outlive it; to get a dog is to open yourself to profound joy and, prospectively, to equally profound sadness.
    --Marjorie Garber
    Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened
    --Anatole France
    She was a pound dog. Katie was fearless, as she would take on the Rottweiler down the street, but she was the sweetest, most endearing and gorgeous animal I have ever known. She'd hiked every mountain range in Southern California, crossed deserts and walked over 4000 miles just in our neighborhood. We really miss her.

Ed

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast