Dog in the hospital - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Dog in the hospital

1. I'm so sorry for your loss, Luke. I know what you and your family are going through, since we ourselves have lost many of our beloved "family" over the years.
    Nothing anyone can say will make it better - it never gets better, but the pain lessens with time as we only try to remember the good times we all had together. That's really all we can do.

Again, my condolences to you and your family.
    Stay safe - DW
    NRA Endowment Member
    Retired Fed

Thanks everyone. Still rough going but getting easier each day. We spent a lot of time with the other puppies outside this weekend which helped.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

I cried like a baby when it happened to our dog.

JSDinTexas Guest
    I still remember Smokey who was my childhood companion.
    May be too early to offer much more except I do believe a dog's passing is, with time, far out-weighed by the lasting lifetime of good memories they leave behind.

Respectfully,
    JSD

Two years ago we were in the same situation. We lost my husband's old dog so since I wasn't really that attached to her, I encouraged hubby for us to visit a humane society nearby to just "look and see", we-do-not-need-to-get-one-dog. He reluctantly went with me. We ended up getting a young-ist 7-week-old rottweiler. He was beautiful and intelligent and very advanced for his age. Nearly nine months later, we have to let him go -- he had canine renal failure. We had the best oncologist with a practice near us, a place where you can't enter his door if you do not have at least $500 to spend for our animal. $4000+ later, we were told that should our baby survived, he won't have a quality life, we had to let him go. We were advised that the next time we get another dog, we should ask for a blood test to see if our chosen one is healthy throughout.

Husband was inconsolable for weeks so I decided to look for another rottie. I found one in Dallas (Texas) at a Rottweiller Rescue. After a few almost endless arrangements, we finally flew to Dallas to pick him up. While at the airport, we called up our vet and asked for a complete checkup (including blood tests). In short, now the love of our love who used to be a mangy, wormy, fleabag is now a healthy 1 and half year, 125.5 lbs spoiled rotten baby who ended up being hubby's sidekick.

I am sorry for your loss. My advice is ... concentrate on the other two you have right now. They are there for a reason.
    Izzie
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

We regret your loss

We are huge dog lovers here. Have had to let our precious family members go before and it is one of the toughest and most loving things to do.

We feel for you all.

Losing a fur baby is tough, indeed.

But it really is better to have loved and lost. Words can not make you feel better, but time will.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567